• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros 2016 |OT| Clayray awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I knew putting on The Witcher was a good idea. I check back in and Novak's serving for the set at 5-1. He's too damn good.

Oare

Would somebody please be kind enough to shed some light upon these abstruse abbreviations everyone's using all of a sudden?
I've tried Google, but all I can find are messages on tennis forums where those seem to be understood by everyone.

CYGS (is it something like "Consecutive Years Grand Slam"? If yes, does it stand for "two grand slams two consecutive years in a row" or "one grand slam spanning over two consecutive years"?)
NCYGS ("Non-consecutive Years Grand Slam?")
GCGS ("? Career Grand Slam?")

Thanks!

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Would somebody please be kind enough to shed some light upon these abstruse abbreviations everyone's using all of a sudden?
I've tried Google, but all I can find are messages on tennis forums where those seem to be understood by everyone.

CYGS (is it something like "Consecutive Years Grand Slam"? If yes, does it stand for "two grand slams two consecutive years in a row" or "one grand slam spanning over two consecutive years"?)
NCYGS ("Non-consecutive Years Grand Slam?")
GCGS ("? Career Grand Slam?")

Thanks!

cygs is calendar year grand slam, all fours slams in one season. gcgs is golden career grand slam, all four slams and olympic gold in singles during a career. ncygs is non-calendar year grand slam, all four slams in a row but not during the same season.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Career Grand Slam (win each of the four majors at least once in your career)
Golden Career Grand Slam (the above, plus the Olympic Gold)
Calendar Year Grand Slam (win Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, US Open, in that order, starting with the Australian Open)
Non-Calendar Year Grand Slam (win the above four in order, but you can start at any point, e.g. if Djokovic won he'd have Wimbledon-US-AO-RG)

Theoretically you could also have Golden Calendar Year Grand Slam and Golden Non-Calendar Year Grand Slam as well, but nobody has ever done either of those.

Oare

cygs is calendar year grand slam, all fours slams in one season. gcgs is golden career grand slam, all four slams and olympic gold in singles during a career. ncygs is non-calendar year grand slam, all four slams in a row but not during the same season.

Calendar Year Grand Slam (win Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, US Open, in that order, starting with the Australian Open)
Non-Calendar Year Grand Slam (win the above four in order, but you can start at any point, e.g. if Djokovic won he'd have Wimbledon-US-AO-RG)

Theoretically you could also have Golden Calendar Year Grand Slam and Golden Non-Calendar Year Grand Slam as well, but nobody has ever done either of those.

Wow, that was quick.
Thank you!

clemenx

Banned
It's so damn confusing to hear a crowd cheering for Djokovic.

I'm at work and everytime I hear the crowd cheer I think it's a Murray point but noooo. Nole did something awesome.

Kensuke

Djokovic just upped his level in set 2. Murray couldn't keep up. Let's see if Murray can match in in set 3, but I'm not optimistic.

Hazzuh

Steffi Graf won all the slams + Olympics in the same year (1988)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray really needs to rediscover his first serve. :/

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Novak's depth of shot is incredible. Every shot is within half a metre of the baseline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom