• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ronaldo, Beckhan and more in Fifa Street.

Old?
3441620041015_222613_0_big.jpg

3441620041015_222616_2_big.jpg

3441620041015_222614_1_big.jpg

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I've never really been a fan of the plastic corpse look of the players.

But at least it's EA Big...so it might be fun to play.

When I first heard this, I was like, "Stop with the *insert sport here* Street games". But this looks pretty cool, would work well (and make a lot more sense than NFL Street).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
First screens I've seen, I only caught some of the teaser trailer on the UK EA Big website. Thanks for the screens. :)

I've been waiting for an arcade soccer game, I'm just in love with EA Big. I've loved everything they've done, except NFL Street. NBA Street, SSX, and Shox are all awesome though. They need to make a Tennis game...an eXtreme tennis game.

This game is much better for me since I'm not really up on soccer games. I figure I'll check this out and then gauge if I can handle a sim like Winning Eleven. Now only if EA would announce this for US release, the press release I saw only mentioned Europe.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Is this developed in the UK by any chance? In that case, could it be the same team that made Shox, perhaps?

Meier

I think it could be pretty fun. They would have done well to get the team who developed Sega Soccer Slam to do it... that was a very "Street-esque" game and incredibly fun (and underrated).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Kiriku said:
Is this developed in the UK by any chance? In that case, could it be the same team that made Shox, perhaps?

Gamefront said it was EA Canada.

3441620041015_222616_2_big.jpg

Teh David James?! Does it have his 'blunder' special move?

This looks pretty good though. In terms of simulation, FIFA will never ever compete with Winning Eleven, this seems like a useful avenue of pursuit. That said, having had a wee shot on FIFA 2005 recently, the game is an improvement in my eyes over previous versions. The animation was very smooth. Still, compared to PES4, it's still rubbish.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Beckham can use all those great ball skills he has...like crossing and erm........................

WarPig

bishoptl said:
In conjunction with the former NuFX, isn't it?

It's the same top producer dude as the NBA Street games, but I'm not sure about the folks below him. Think it might be, though.

DFS.

Socreges

Banned
I'm not a big fan of the FIFA franchise, but this could be so much fun. Especially with EA Big developing. I didn't like Sega Soccer Slam much, but I've always wanted [to love] a game like this. The indoor soccer mode in FIFA Road to the World Cup 98 was awesome and it sucks that they stopped including it right after.

I actually hope, probably unlike a lot of you, that they keep it kind of sim-oriented and don't go too over the top. 3-on-3 with walls is going to be fun, crazy physics or not.
Ninja Scooter said:
Fifa....Street?!?

:lol
What? Does it have to be the 'hip hop' "Street"? People get together all over the world and play soccer/football like this.

Fifty

Exactly, taking street literally and not as the outward manifestation of the hip-hop culture, FIFA Street is the most obvious for a Street game. This should be very interesting.

raYne

Socreges said:
I actually hope, probably unlike a lot of you, that they keep it kind of sim-oriented and don't go too over the top. 3-on-3 with walls is going to be fun, crazy physics or not.

Going by the pics it seems FIFA Street is going to be more akin to the NBA Street (part sim, part arcade) series rather than the "super-over the top-cartoony-unrealistic" NFL Street series. Keep in mind that I come to this conclusion simply by looking at the character models.

AlphaSnake said:
Is that Jesus in the second pic at the top of the mountain? O_O

Ummm, yeah. It's a Rio de Janeiro stage and the Jesus statue is the most famous landmark of the city.

That's like if there was a New York stage with the Statues of Liberty and asking 'is that a lady with a torch'.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Die Squirrel Die said:
Ummm, yeah. It's a Rio de Janeiro stage and the Jesus statue is the most famous landmark of the city.

That's like if there was a New York stage with the Statues of Liberty and asking 'is that a lady with a torch'.

Heheheh...

Well, now that I've seen that there is a representative Rio Stage, I will purchase this game on day one.I mean it even looks like the Snoop Beautiful Video location.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Die Squirrel Die said:

Ahhh. I'm not much into that sort of stuff. But that is cool, though. Can't help but picture that Jesus as Buddy Christ though. (The character/figurine, not the GAFer)

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Pedigree Chum said:
When I first heard this, I was like, "Stop with the *insert sport here* Street games". But this looks pretty cool, would work well (and make a lot more sense than NFL Street).

NFL street is fun

Top Bottom