• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX SUPER Series lands on July 9th, Two days after Navi.

thelastword

Banned
NVIDIA RTX Super Series graphics cards launch date: July 9th

These are the planned dates so far. It is still possible that NVIDIA sees this and decides to move them around just to discredit the leak scene but considering these dates have already been seeded to journalists, once the NDA lifts, they will be able to confirm that these were indeed the original dates they were told:

• July 2: Planned announcement day for all graphics cards (RTX 2060 SUPER, RTX 2070 SUPER, RTX 2080 SUPER). AKA soft launch.
  • July 9: GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER and GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER arrive on shelves.
  • July 23: GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER planned to hit the shelves. [Tentative]

So there you have it, folks. Just two more weeks till you are able to buy the SUPER series graphics cards when they hit the shelves. July 9th is the most concrete date here since this is something that has been seeded to channel partners already and cannot be easily changed. The announcement date may be moved around a couple of days at will should NVIDIA want it to but will have to be done before July 9.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-rtx-super-series-graphics-cards-launch-date/

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
An important reminder: Don't automatically assume that the non-super versions will get a price cut, only that the super versions will be priced higher.
Coming from Wccftech so it may not be accurate, but be prepared to be disappointed.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Still no news on the Super 2080Ti,been waiting to to upgrade from 1080ti.
Wouldn't it make more sense to just wait until Ampere comes out next year on the 7nm process? Going from a 1080 Ti to a 2080 Ti will definitely give you a performance bump, but there should be a real nice bump from Ampere.

Esppiral

Can anyone summarize what this "super" Series will bring to the table? The info I've found is confusing.

Soltype

Wouldn't it make more sense to just wait until Ampere comes out next year on the 7nm process? Going from a 1080 Ti to a 2080 Ti will definitely give you a performance bump, but there should be a real nice bump from Ampere.
Whens ampere next year spring or fall?, I can wait til spring or even do a step up. I could have sworn there were doing a new 2080ti SKU.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Whens ampere next year spring or fall?, I can wait til spring or even do a step up. I could have sworn there were doing a new 2080ti SKU.
Step up? From EVGA? Unless you purchased the card within the last 90 days brand new from a reputable vendor, you're not going to be eligible for a step up. Since it's a 1080 Ti, its extremely unlikely given that they have been going for over $1000 new and at that price it makes sense to get a 2080 Ti instead.

A new 2080 Ti Super sku has never shown up in the leaks and it's not yet a given that nvidia will release one. Everyone just assumes one is coming.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Can anyone summarize what this "super" Series will bring to the table? The info I've found is confusing.
NVIDIA RTX SUPER Series Graphics Cards MSRP according to Wccftech
WccftechGPUMSRP
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TiTU102A$1199.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TiTU102$999.99
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 SUPERTU104-450$799.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TU104A-400$799.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TU104-400$699.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPERTU104-410$599.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070TU106A-400$599.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070TU106-400$499.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPERTU106-410$429.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060TU106A-400$349.99

Last edited:

Soltype

Step up? From EVGA? Unless you purchased the card within the last 90 days brand new from a reputable vendor, you're not going to be eligible for a step up. Since it's a 1080 Ti, its extremely unlikely given that they have been going for over $1000 new and at that price it makes sense to get a 2080 Ti instead.

A new 2080 Ti Super sku has never shown up in the leaks and it's not yet a given that nvidia will release one. Everyone just assumes one is coming.
Thought step up was 6 months, my bad.Was planning on firing on one later in the year then picking up an ampere if they launch spring.If theyre not doing a stronger Ti, I might as well wait.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Thought step up was 6 months, my bad.Was planning on firing on one later in the year then picking up an ampere if they launch spring.If theyre not doing a stronger Ti, I might as well wait.
The Step up program is very limited. They will only you to step up to specific models. I had a 2080 and I was only allowed to step up to 2080 Ti Black version which is just above their "lowest end" 2080 Ti. I would have glady paid extra for their more premium ultra big fan XC versions

Last edited:
Top Bottom