• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rule one of fight club. DONT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB BEFORE NOVEMBER 9TH

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Seriously guys, you know our policy on piracy. We can talk about news stories and stuff, but if i see anyone spoiling shit you will be banned.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's useless. I'm sure there are people out there willing to get banned while pissing people off by spoiling. If MGS3 gets leaked, you won't see me here that often

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
sp0rsk said:
Seriously guys, you know our policy on piracy. We can talk about news stories and stuff, but if i see anyone spoiling shit you will be banned.

I take it that Halo 2 has been leaked? That sucks. But please enforce, because I want to know nothing about the single player before I play it :)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Rule number 2 never talk about fight club the game...ever...ever...

shoplifter

Hell, I thought this thread was actually about Fight Club.

They actually are using some ideas that I always wanted to throw in a fighting game. I haven't been keeping up on it, but it seems they did it fairly half-assed.

border

Oh come on.....I can understand not posting gameplay impressions and story spoilers and all that, but there are a ton of unanswered questions surrounding the release of the game. I wanna hear about what Halo 1 maps are included, what the co-op options are, etc.

Seth C

So as soon as it hits 12:01 November 9 at the international date line we're good, right? Because that is several extra hours of talking. I just want to make sure what the rules are. :)

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
border said:
Oh come on.....I can understand not posting gameplay impressions and story spoilers and all that, but there are a ton of unanswered questions surrounding the release of the game. I wanna hear about what Halo 1 maps are included, what the co-op options are, etc.

And this relates to what he's saying how? Seriously, you're smart enough to read between the lines here.

Catalyst

Banned
sp0rsk said:
indeed, its quite awful.
Yeah, it's pretty silly, since fighting was only the arms of the movie, and not the body. Making a fighting game from the movie is just...stupid.

But someone explain the Halo 2 leak. How?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
border said:

There are plenty of other places to get this information.

border

Catalyst said:
But someone explain the Halo 2 leak. How?
Who knows? Usually it's someone at the production facility that swipes a disc.

If Halo 2 is everything it has been promised, then this will all work out fine for Bungie. If the gameplay impressions off the leaked game are negative and start a huge backlash, then this will be quite damaging (public opinion turning bad even before the game is released).
There are plenty of other places to get this information.
So you are saying that we can't make reference to any sort of information learned from the leaked version? If every single Halo 1 map is included, we have to pretend like we don't know the good news? Even as Half-Life 2 fanboys pound away at the game in that other thread.. =P

Ecrofirt

goddamnit

I fucking pre-ordered the game, too. I would have never have known if the fight club thing didn't drag me in here.

border

The worst part of the news for Microsoft is that this will probably motivate a whole new wave of otherwise honest, casual gamers to mod their systems for an early copy. And once you start travelling down that path, it's not likely that you will turn around and go back to buying games.

That's a problem, plus on November 9, you know that there are going to be people running wild on Xbox Live, shouting spoilers as soon as the game starts or if you do anything to piss them off. Better play through single-player before you even think about going online.

Even though this won't really affect the sales of the game, it's going to fuck it up for gamers waiting. Kinda sucks though, didn't think it would get leaked so early.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Didn't the game JUST go gold, too? o_O

These leaks are getting to be more and more numerous and the game titles leaked bigger and bigger. Kingdom Under Fire, Outrun 2, Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude, and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection have all been leaked for the Xbox. I know it's not like companies aren't trying to stop this from happening, but I'm a little surprised nothing has been said about this yet.

Anyway, the leak isn't going to hurt this game's sales...the people that pirate these games are going to pirate it regardless of when it's released.

jett

D-Member
I doubt this will affect sales of the game. After all, the leak is in fucking french(subtitles or not, that surely must get annoying at some point :p). If I was a Halo fan I wouldn't want to spoil the H2 experience like this.

Socreges

Banned
Almost a month before for one of the biggest Western releases ever. That's so crazy.

PAL, though? Does that mean people (ie, North Americans) have to buy a converter to play PAL games on NTSC televisions? Or are modchips capable of that by themselves?

I'm not asking for myself. I don't even own an Xbox yet.

Kuroyume

Banned
It doesn't bother me that it's out because I wasn't obsessed with the game. It's just crazy how this could happen to such a big game. Oh well...

Ecrofirt

jett said:
I doubt this will affect sales of the game. After all, the leak is in fucking french(subtitles or not, that surely must get annoying at some point :p). If I was a Halo fan I wouldn't want to spoil the H2 experience like this.

Languages: UK, FR, GER, ITA, SPA

Fusebox

Banned
Socreges said:
Almost a month before for one of the biggest Western releases ever. That's so crazy.

PAL, though? Does that mean people (ie, North Americans) have to buy a converter to play PAL games on NTSC televisions? Or are modchips capable of that by themselves?

I'm not asking for myself. I don't even own an Xbox yet.

Play it in PAL mode if you have the option.. 576 lines >>> 480 lines. :)

m0dus said:
In all honesty, I was expecting it to happen around Nov. 3rd (when it would start shipping)

That would make morse sense, yeah, but almost a month early. now that's fucked. *prays MGS3 doesn't get leaked*

Fifty

It'll certainly take some fun out of going to pick the game up at midnight on the 9th if every cesspool website and pirate already has the game.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Aw, what the crap? Halo 2 people getting all teary eyed over the chance of spoilage? I thought you were all tougher and manlier than us pansy-assed Japanophiles, no?

OH TEH NOS! Master Chief dies! OR DOES HE?!?!

And don't forget!
I'm obviously fucking around. But I have to be safe, eh?

Kuroyume

Banned
This is why Microsoft should have paid attention to comps like Nintendo or Konami and pushed back Halo 2 to next year in the pal countries.

Fusebox

Banned
My guess is a lot of people will d/l this to start playing early, but will probably buy the original as well upon launch. :)

Top Bottom