• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rule one of fight club. DONT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB BEFORE NOVEMBER 9TH

BuddyC

I wonder if this means MS will be shipping out the review copies earlier. I know some sites weren't going to receive copies until after the 9th.

Fusebox

Banned
Catfish - Used to be an issue with 50 vs 60 but now we have PAL 60, Halo 1 didnt support PAL 60 and was a bit of a mess here to tell the truth but surely Halo 2 will be an all-supporting omni-hz game?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Fusebox said:
Used to be an issue with 50 vs 60 but now we have PAL 60, Halo 1 didnt support PAL 60 and was a bit of a mess here to tell the truth but surely Halo 2 will be an all-supporting omni-hz game?
Halo 1 was optimised for 50hz in Pal. Burger from these boards emailed one of the guys at bungie and asked about halo 2, the response was (almost exactly from memory)

We full support both PAL 50 and 60hz Modes and are interoperable between them (live)

Cheers!

So Pal 60 should be the go.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah, optimised for 50hz, #$%^, what was the issue we had here, I've got brainfreeZe - I think it was when guys tried to run our PAL release in 480p, the game still stuck to 50hz instead of running at 60hz.

Or something.

Meh, I remember one certain combo of video output made the game run jerky as hell though. :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
yup. 50hz was fine, as soon as you switch to 60, chug chug. I spose that means if you switched to progressive same problem. Althought I only got my head around the 50/60 a while ago (I've only ever seen one progressive scan telly running) so hell knows about progressive. I'm pretty sure it would suffer on anything but PAL 50 though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
deadlifter said:
gee i wonder what you're doing??

actually, wishing i had a bigger hard drive on my PC then a measly 2.1 gigs LOL

Joe

this will go down in gaming history, even surpassing the half-life2 leaking. this wont affect sales because a major percentage of people downloading the game will still buy it to play on live. what it does though is open the door for a ton of suprises that were meant to be found when you played the game.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Joe said:
this will go down in gaming history, even surpassing the half-life2 leaking. this wont affect sales because a major percentage of people downloading the game will still buy it to play on live. what it does though is open the door for a ton of suprises that were meant to be found when you played the game.

you also forgot to mention the tiny minority of people who have their xbox modded. i'd say it's probably less than those who have modded their PS2s.

chespace said:
you also forgot to mention the tiny minority of people who have their xbox modded. i'd say it's probably less than those who have modded their PS2s.

Even you've gotta admit this is huge. People will get their systems modded for this.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Pedigree Chum said:
Even you've gotta admit this is huge. People will get their systems modded for this.

Not likely, you'd need to do more then mod your xbox to get it to work. I'm not saying what though, pirates can go fuck themselves with a cactus.

Schafer said:
Not likely, you'd need to do more then mod your xbox to get it to work. I'm not saying what though, pirates can go fuck themselves with a cactus.

Casuals don't have to do anything, as long as they have $$$ and a contact.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Pedigree Chum said:
Casuals don't have to do anything, as long as they have $$$ and a contact.

you really think most "casual gamers" would have a contact where they could mod their xbox and actually go through with downloading, burning, and jumping through hoops just to get the shit to work (and not on Live either)? does this really make them casual gamers? or does it really just describe a more casual YOU.

border

I would imagine that (proportionally), the Xbox has way more modded users than the PS2. Xbox is an easier installation, can be done without even opening the casing (software mod), and has applications beyond piracy (media box, multiregion dvd, emulation).

You don't have to anything more than mod your Xbox to get it to work. Even though the game is supposedly a DVD9, you could just copy all the files over to the Xbox HDD and run it off of that.

I imagine that the sales of James Bond: Agent Under Fire and Mech Assault are going see a decent spike, thanks to semi-casuals trying to pull off a software mod.

Sho Nuff

Banned
gates.jpg

"WHAT? The French leaked it!? Get me the French prime minister, or president, or whatever on the phone!"

a87d8cc555972e.jpg

"Nous n'avons pas leakez le Halo 2. Merde d'Oh !"

bill.jpg

"A likely story. DO THE HONORS."

0,1311,i=65435,00.gif

"You won't have to tell me twice. UNLEASH THE BEAST."

ballmer.jpg

"GGGHEHRHHGRHGHGHRGHGHHHHGAAAAAAAAHHH"

photo.France.winter.devestation.town.1916.jpg

Sho Nuff said:
gates.jpg

"WHAT? The French leaked it!? Get me the French prime minister, or president, or whatever on the phone!"

a87d8cc555972e.jpg

bill.jpg

0,1311,i=65435,00.gif

ballmer.jpg

LOL!

IJoel

Sho Nuff said:
gates.jpg

a87d8cc555972e.jpg

bill.jpg

0,1311,i=65435,00.gif

ballmer.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

chespace said:
you really think most "casual gamers" would have a contact where they could mod their xbox and actually go through with downloading, burning, and jumping through hoops just to get the shit to work (and not on Live either)? does this really make them casual gamers? or does it really just describe a more casual YOU.

Err no, they don't need to do any of the installation or burning themselves. Just $$$, and contacts are easy to come by. Casuals aren't as stupid as we think.

pilonv1

Pedigree Chum said:
Err no, they don't need to do any of the installation or burning themselves. Just $$$, and contacts are easy to come by. Casuals aren't as stupid as we think.

Exactly. If Joe XboxOwner hears down the pub that his mate Bill has a magical Xbox that plays copied games, or plays them off a hard drive AND plays copied DVDs or VCDs he'll be happy to pay a few hundred dollars to "save" himself more in the long run. Sad but true.

thorns

Banned
Wow. This fucking sucks. Sucks all the anticipation of the game out of me.

Well at least, we know that Xbox2 will be probably 99% pirate proof after this..

border

Someone at the anti-GA posted a chatlog, where a pirate claims that the game runs fine for a while.....then it stops, wipes your hard drive, and gives you a message about how you shouldn't pirate games.

Sounds like fiction, though it'd be funny if this really was a purposefully-leaked dummy game to discourage and harm pirates.

Catalyst

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
gates.jpg

a87d8cc555972e.jpg

bill.jpg

0,1311,i=65435,00.gif

ballmer.jpg

If a picture's worth a thousand words, then good Lord. That's hilarious.

:lol :lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
MarkMacD said:
I hope this whole damn thing is a joke....you'd think you'd be seeing a assload of screens by now if it was legit.

border

MarkMacD said:
I hope this whole damn thing is a joke....you'd think you'd be seeing a assload of screens by now if it was legit.
Uhhhh, you are going to have to go to another forum if you want to see the screenshots.

border

There are a few, I think ;)

Am I the only one that's dying to see what Bungie's next "Weekly Update" is going to be? :D

The full details of the final version will be known within 12 hours or less, and they are probably going to be inundated with angry e-mails from people that are disappointed over the fact that this or that feature isn't included. They had tried to sidestep this issue by just ignoring questions about the things people cared about (co-op, Halo 1 maps), but it will be pretty much unavoidable now. Unless the game contains Live/LAN co-op and every single map from Halo 1, they will probably have some angry folk to deal with.

Kseutron

Sho Nuff said:
gates.jpg

a87d8cc555972e.jpg

bill.jpg

0,1311,i=65435,00.gif

ballmer.jpg

ROFL :D

LukeSmith

BuddyChrist83 said:
I wonder if this means MS will be shipping out the review copies earlier. I know some sites weren't going to receive copies until after the 9th.

BC I will find this out today, I am supposed to get my copy on the morning of the 8th, but I have to place a call to Microsoft about the leak today anyway.

Top Bottom