• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Nintendo x Jump x Smash Bros x NDS

jarrod

Banned
Scalemail Ted said:
So is this what HAL has been working on? I've been wonderin what they've been up to. Last game they released was Kirby's Airride, no?
Nope, it was Kirby & the Amazing Mirror on GBA.

explodet

Okay, just so I'm clear:

- The game will be called "Jump Super Stars"
- This is on the DS
- It's being made by the Smash Bros. team at HAL (confirmed?)
- It's uses characters from Jump, a weekly with 3 million circulation
- These characters are from properties like Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball

Missing anything?

GG-Duo

Source? I still think there are way too many fucking properties for this to be true. It might be a subset deal.

jarrod

Banned
explodet said:
Okay, just so I'm clear:

- The game will be called "Jump Super Stars"
- This is on the DS
- It's being made by the Smash Bros. team at HAL (confirmed?)
- It's uses characters from Jump, a weekly with 3 million circulation
- These characters are from properties like Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball

Missing anything?
Crystal clear. Evidently, Nintendo figures if they can't just buy Bandai, they'll encroach on their markets instead (licensing Jump properties, opening a film studio, etc).

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I'm not sure how much HAL worked on Kirby's Mirror thing. Flagship were behind it to some degree too, and looking at the Zelda games they deal with, I imagine they did most of the work.

jarrod

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
I'm not sure how much HAL worked on Kirby's Mirror thing. Flagship were behind it to some degree too, and looking at the Zelda games they deal with, I imagine they did most of the work.
Well, HAL did most of the work with Flagship helping on scenario and Dimps on coding.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Well, that's quite a lot gone. I suppose there's level design, artwork, music...that's pretty much it.

Anyway, back on topic. Gamespot don't seem so certain about the details, but seeing as the rumours are beginning to come true, I'll believe the rest too.

explodet

Yeah, the gamespot article notes that the game genre is unknown, so it could not necessarily be a fighting type game.

Top Bottom