• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PC Engine Mini Pre-Orders Are Faring Very Poorly

What annoys me about this more than the delay is that:

1. They didn't have this ready for the West within a month of this happening?
  2. They stated the Games couldn't be added back in July/August despite the fact that they didn't make these in time. (especially an English Snatcher release)
  3. Amazon/Konami didn't have any foresight into this product being ready for the West despite having it ready in Japan.
I wouldn't be too shocked if people started cancelling their Order because they need the £100/$100 now to support their families/rent.

Just a shambles at this rate.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Possibly, it’s proven that people do love to buy Nintendo products over and over again. It does make you wonder though why other Mini’s don’t sell out as much as the Nintendo products did.
I think nostalgia for Nintendo is just stronger than for other gaming companies overall. As someone who grew up in the NES/SNES era, I understand why.

Don’t get me wrong. Sony’s gaming footprint is strong and their future consoles will likely outsell Nintendo’s, but nostalgia for the OG PlayStation is just not the same as it is for NES/SNES. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, it’s just not the same.

It’s hard to explain why. Maybe when the 7 year olds that grew up with the PSX as their first console reach their forties, it will hit a similar nostalgia bone.

Top Bottom