• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: RYGAR 2 for Xbox ??

Shompola

Banned
can't they also port the first Rygar? I thought it was a good game. Also unlockable NES Rygar would be a nice tough. :)

Elios83

Itagaki said in an interview he's involved in the project.I don't think it makes much sense to make Rygar 2 Xbox exclusive but seen Itagaki's preference for Microsoft's console I wouldn't scrap the possibility.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I've read the rumor that it's for PS2 and Xbox.

First game was pretty damn boring and uninspired, I thought. Britney looked nice, though.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I have the first one, it was good fun, I just can't understand all the criticism. Sure it was derivative but no more than many other games that get much more attention. It was just a decent action game, not worth full price but a good pick at €25.

Mrbob

Fleming said:
Pardon,but what Britney are you talking about??!?

rygar_130.jpg

art02.gif

I thought Rygar PS2 is a fantastic game.

Too short but decent replayability.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Rygar was fun. Wrong audience on Xbox though, not that logic has stopped anyone."

... wrong audience?

Tellaerin

DCharlie said:
... wrong audience?

*nods sagely* Didn't you get the memo? Diversifying the Xbox lineup is suicide, man.
MS needs to start pushing third-parties to forget this 'action-adventure' nonsense and pump out some more realistic war FPS's stat if they want to keep their edge. :p

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"*nods sagely* Didn't you get the memo? Diversifying the Xbox lineup is suicide, man.
MS needs to start pushing third-parties to forget this 'action-adventure' nonsense and pump out some more realistic war FPS's stat if they want to keep their edge. :p"

Maybe Rygar can drive a racing car for some crack commando squad or something ? ;)

does this mean the end of the line for the franchise if they put it on the EX-box?

surprised at the negative comments about the game - I've been meanign to pick this up at some point - been hearing nothing but +ves.

Renegade

Banned
Itagaki will have a role in all Tecmo games developed within the Japanese Tecmo development floors.

He now oversees ALL games out of Tecmo, not just Team Ninja.

I am so desperately wanting both another Rygar and Ninja Gaiden. And damn it'd be great if Rygar was on XBOX. I'm not a ps2 hater or anything but lets face it Rygar on ps2 is going to get outshined by whatever Capcom is doing. On the other hand XBOX sorely lacks this sort of game. Plus it'd just make my xbox seem more complete, what with Bioware for RPGs, Bungie for FPS, and Tecmo and Rare for action/adventures. Microsoft better keep some of this Tecmo shit exclusive. Imo, the quality is off the charts, rygar with a few tweaks would have gone over better with a more fickly twitch gamer or a person who wanted a longer RPG type game, but as is it was one of my highlights of that year,

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
DCharlie said:
Maybe Rygar can drive a racing car for some crack commando squad or something ? ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Itagaki needs to do Silkworm. Jeeps! Helicopters! Harnesses! Turbulence! Dear God, the possibilities for jiggling are endless.

And the world needs another Silkworm game.

Top Bottom