• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Switch 2 Reportedly Delayed to 2025

AGNT4SD6

Neo Member
I feel like we get a Partner Direct/Indie Direct Sep/Oct. Switch 2 Reveal in February’25 and pre-orders start. Metroid 4 launch for Switch in March’25 to close out the Fiscal Year and Switch Console. Certain Outlets get hands on with Hardware and Launch games in April’25. Full Industry hands on in May’25 at SGF or separate event in LA outside of SGF, while all games industry are all in same area. Full launch of the console in June’25. Nintendo is no rush to get this console to market and wants to do it right.

I could see there being another September Direct to round out thr fiscal year, maybe with a FE4 remake and a Kid Icarus remaster for Q1 2025.
Yeah, me too. I am starting to indeed wonder if the Geneology of the Holy War is not the real Fire Emblem in development. Kind of wonder if it was the older rumor that is was Path of Radiance Makes more sense to me, honestly.

If Switch 2 is indeed BC, I expect that Fire Emblem game is one of the games that is cross gen and launches after Switch 2 releases. I just don’t know if they want to show those games until Switch 2 is announced.

Except, “MY HOPE” is that Nintendo will start talking about Switch 2 in the abstract by then. Maybe with a teaser commercial like the Switch had.

I don’t think Nintendo is ever doing a live show again For a reveal.

I think they will do an Apple style prerecorded presentation and talk about the games and the tech of Switch 2 when it is time. Aiming the message at both consumers, investors and developers in one video.

Maybe that is this Fall, maybe it isn’t until Jan thru March 2025. We don’t know. Nintendo just confirmed it will be publicly disclosed before the end of March 2025.

We have to wait for clarification. Hopefully some news comes “soonish”. Which is why I thought a Direct Mini or something could come sooner this year. To build info for stronger pre-order sales before the releases of Zelda, Mario Party and Mario & Luigi.

Edit: typo.

Last edited:

Moses85

I feel like we get a Partner Direct/Indie Direct Sep/Oct. Switch 2 Reveal in February’25 and pre-orders start. Metroid 4 launch for Switch in March’25 to close out the Fiscal Year and Switch Console. Certain Outlets get hands on with Hardware and Launch games in April’25. Full Industry hands on in May’25 at SGF or separate event in LA outside of SGF, while all games industry are all in same area. Full launch of the console in June’25. Nintendo is no rush to get this console to market and wants to do it right.
Release in June 25?

Season 4 No GIF by The Office

Top Bottom