• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: WWE Network to include EVERY Raw/Smackdown/PPV ever, Netflix Style, $12/mo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like I'm ruining your day here dude. Sky On Demand, circa 5 minutes ago.

DKX51sFl.jpg

Bummed-WWE-Wrestler-Reaction-Gif.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
There's always VPN services and such mates, I guess unblock-us will support the WWE Network sooner rather than later.

krae_man

I've hear some talk that next day streaming is included in the package deal they're trying to sell (they're putting all their shows including Total Divas up in one big package first, and if that fails they'll sell per show individually).

Also, the rumor is to break even they'll need 1 million subscribers. Shouldn't be too hard if they launch it worldwide. If they restrict to US or NA only, that might be a bit of a stretch. Though including all the PPV's except WrestleMania (and maybe Rumble/SummerSlam) will help.

That sucks, but expected. WWE is being forward thinking with this, but not forward thinking enough. Figures.

As a Brit, I wouldn't be opposed to a modern PPV-less, old school network at a reduced price compared to the States. Can't imagine that happening though.

I'd gladly subscribe for a few months to rewatch all the late 90s/early 2000s Attitude stuff. ~$25 is a fair price compared to the ridiculous amount of money they charge for the neutered DVD sets.

Will there be a behind the scenes reality show called "How to Bury A Red Hot Superstar"? First episode can be about CM Punk from the summer of 2011, and the next can be Daniel Bryan this year.

Host could be HHH.

Crateman

I would pay just to watch the full Attitude Era content (as I couldn't experience it myself) and the Ruthless Aggression era just for nostalgia.

That is if its available outside the US.

The rumor is that they'll have stuff on the 360, PS3, Roku, and Smart TVs - which is good. I greatly prefer the VQ of Netflix and Hulu there versus my browser.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah.....it's happening:

WWEVerified account
‏@WWE
Prepare for tomorrow's historic #BigAnnouncement with the DEFINITIVE account of @WWE's history: http://trib.al/6KGlAji

Carnby

Bright lights, hype crowd.

If you're going to do it. Do it right...

*ahem*

tonight is the night
bright lights, hype crowd
yeah, we came to throw down
everybody get loud

tonight is the night
a-list, can't miss
when we burn it to the ground
everybody get down

tonight is the night
we stayed grindin' while our fame kept risin'
steady climbin', now we on top
it's not something you get, it's just something we got
cause I don't know if you know
if you know we playin' or not, tonight

bigkrev

I'm curious when the launch date is going to be- if they actually plan on having Wrestlemania on the service, they damn well better at least have it ready for No Way Out so they can test server stress. If the stream dies in the main event of Wrestlemania, people are going to loose their shit.

In regards to licensing music, can anyone who has purchased a DVD with a recent CM Punk match on it verify they still have "Cult of Personality" play? If it's dubbed out, like the Undertaker's Johnny Cash theme was on the WM28 Bluray, then it would bode poorly for any licensed music showing up on the Network.

Deadstar

The rumor is that they'll have stuff on the 360, PS3, Roku, and Smart TVs - which is good. I greatly prefer the VQ of Netflix and Hulu there versus my browser.

Obviously available on ipad and with a website login like netflix right that I can access on any computer?

In regards to licensing music, can anyone who has purchased a DVD with a recent CM Punk match on it verify they still have "Cult of Personality" play? If it's dubbed out, like the Undertaker's Johnny Cash theme was on the WM28 Bluray, then it would bode poorly for any licensed music showing up on the Network.

Netflix WWE content has had licensed music dubbed out.

Askani

Didn't have any idea this was a thing until right now. I've been asking for this for years. I want mid to late 80's WWE and Attitude/NWO content. If I have that from day one and it's all On Demand, I'd spend $8-10 for that easy. If it includes WCW and ECW, I'd spend $12 no problem. Give it to me.

Savitar

Wrestling is the only successful thing Vince has ever done.

But is there an audience for this channel?

I got my doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom