• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox E3 info (Zombie game, Battletoads, Forza Horizon, AoE, more)

KageMaru

Only thing that's exciting here is Class 4/State of Decay 2/whatever Undead Labs next game may be. I hope it's that and not Dead Rising 4.

SpotAnime

If this is true, then I wasn't too far off on my predictions. In other words, not a lot of surprises aside from DR4 and AoE. And I left Halo Wars 2 off the list. But everything else seems to line up.

And I might have nailed all three of my "just one more thing" moments, based on rumors.

Predictable is boring. I'm already yawning.

Please don't be predictable.

EYEL1NER

I'm incredibly torn. The new Horizon being set in Austrailia is a bummer (because it should have been Japan) but Sea of Theives being Divison-esque and not a full-blown MMO is great.
So this rumor could go either way for me.

You have good taste! More than good actually. Jade Empire was a phenomenal game. Like the perfect follow up to their KOTOR formula. Loved it dearly when it came out. A reboot is possible! MS could definitely revisit the IP at some point.

And yeah I think one or two third party heavy hitters that could be exclusive will definitely be there. MS had Recore last year so I'm expecting something similar from them this time round.

E3 is so close now. Can't wait for the show to start!

Yeah this is what I'm going with. The list is true but it's notably incomplete. There just aren't enough surprises or even games there to justify a full conference. It's a partial leak and not an outline of the entire conference IMO. Excited to see what MS have in store regardless.

To each their own I guess, I thought JE was mediocre at best like most of bioware since KOTOR.

Strootman

Guys this is not full E3 show, it's just a part of what they are going to announce,

I don't think it is so hard to understand.

Zedox

Guys this is not full E3 show, it's just a part of what they are going to announce,

I don't think it is so hard to understand.

I don't understand how people don't understand that.

And fuck yes to a Jade Empire (I tweeted to Phil Spencer about that game, I need it)

Do you think they have only eight announcements?
In other words, do you think that list is in its entirety?

No, but you got quite a bit of third parties as well as indie showcases, so doesn't leave a tonne of room left. You don't get much more first party then what's listed there at a single e3 show.

Boke1879

Hope it's fake because that sounds pretty snooze except for a new Age of Empires.

I mean even add in the usual Gears, 3rd party deals. I mean they'll have BF1 on their stage in some capacity. But unless they have Red Dead revealed on their stage that's pretty snooze worthy.

It's why I think that's not all they have. It can't be. Because I really hope they don't go all on their tv dongle, slim model and Scorpio for the bulk of the conference.

Arzehn

Do you think they have only eight announcements?
In other words, do you think that list is in its entirety?

For 1st/2nd party? Sounds about right + Gears and maybe Scalebound.

Battletoads instead of Banjo is enough to be disappointed.

bman94

None of this really interests me/shocks me. Forza Horizon 3 is a given based on development cycles, we already know about RAAM thanks to a leak, Sea of Thieves, Halo Wars never interested me, I know nothing of the Age of Empires series and an online zombie game deosn't make me interested at all. But Microsoft diversifying their first party line up is great, just none of this in particular makes me want to jump out my seat.

Xumbrega

Banned
Yes, pack it up people, this is the entire Microsoft conference.

Nothing to see here.

ffs this isn't a 1/3 of their conference, come on guys

WadeitOut

What's with all of the Microsoft haters in these comments pretending like we just learned their entire E3 conference?

Lol come on.

Zukkoyaki

I said it earlier in the thread but again, I don't understand why everyone would find this slate of announcements thin. It falls pretty well in line with the type and number of announcements that they usually make in regards to new Microsoft-published software at E3.

Let's compare this list of rumors with Microsoft Studios games announced last year...

- 2 AAA games = Gears 4, Sea of Thieves
- 1 more AA game = Recore
- 1 revival of sorts = Rare Replay

2016 rumored games
- 2 AAA games = Forza Horizon 3, Age of Empires
- 1 more AA game = Zombie MMOish game
- 1 revival of sorts = Battletoads

Everything about the type of and number of announcements checks out and is pretty much par for the course for an Xbox E3. There will of course be discussion of third parties and other already announced first party games in addition to the presumed hardware and Windows discussion.

I will say thay if this list is legit, there's probably an additional big game or two. Microsoft needs a homerun E3 with new hardware coming.

Boke1879

Yes, pack it up people, this is the entire Microsoft conference.

Nothing to see here.

ffs this isn't a 1/3 of their conference, come on guys

Oh sure. This wouldn't even fill 45 minutes. That said I'm expecting and they better have some surprises because what is rumored right now isn't really all that shocking/hype inducing.

rob305

The leaker even said it doesnt include new IPs because he didnt know what to search for. Also, he only scratched the surface. There might be more stuff regarding existing IP which he didnt find yet

shandy706

I know nothing of the Age of Empires series and an online zombie game deosn't make me interested at all.

lucy-disappointed.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I said it earlier in the thread but again, I don't understand why everyone would find this slate of announcements thin. It falls pretty well in line with the type and number of announcements that they usually make in regards to new Microsoft-published software at E3.

Let's compare this list of rumors with Microsoft Studios games announced last year...

2016 rumored games

Everything about the type of and number of announcements checks out and is pretty much par for the course for an Xbox E3. There will of course be discussion of third parties and other already announced first party games in addition to the presumed hardware and Windows discussion.
Being realistic, Age of Empires is far more likely to be a AA title than the zombie game.

etta

my hard graphic balls

1. Halo 5
2. Backward Compatibility
3. Elite controller
4. Recore
5. FM6
6. Division beta
7. Gigantic
8. Cuphead, Tacoma, Ashen
9. Ion
10. Hololens + Valve VR
11. Rise of the Tomb Raider
12. Rare Replay
13. Sea of Thieves
14. Fable Legends
15. Gears of War Ultimate
16. Gears of War 4

Xumbrega

Banned

2016 rumored games

I will say thay if this list is legit, there's probably an additional big game or two. Microsoft needs a homerun E3 with new hardware coming.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition was revealed at e3 2015 as well

We also saw Forza Motorsport 6

1. Halo 5
3. Elite controller
4. Recore
5. FM6
6. Division beta
7. Gigantic
9. Ion
10. Hololens + Valve VR
12. Rare Replay
13. Sea of Thieves
14. Fable Legends
16. Gears of War 4

I already mentioned plus indies..you got a controller in there, hololens, neither are games, I was talking games. BC is not either. So as far as games though plus indies and third party? It's pretty close isn't it. Halos 5 was also 2013 and 2014 . not new.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I already mentioned plus indies..you got a controller in there, hololens, neither are games, I was talking games. BC is not either. So as far as games though plus indies and third party? It's pretty close isn't it. Halos 5 was also 2013 and 2014 . not new.

moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

Arzehn

1. Halo 5
3. Elite controller
4. Recore
5. FM6
6. Division beta
7. Gigantic
9. Ion
10. Hololens + Valve VR
12. Rare Replay
13. Sea of Thieves
14. Fable Legends
16. Gears of War 4

If you're going to include hardware and services then here's the rest of the announcements.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223679

That said, I'm still expecting there to be a surprise. I'm confident this isn't everything, and maybe not even real.

The only goalpost moving is you bringing in hardware, non gaming hardware to boot, controllers, and services to make your list, people are clearly talking game announcements....when talking about games to reveal. Should not need to spell it out for you.

Forza 6 was also revealed before e3 too no?

Zukkoyaki

Gears of War Ultimate Edition was revealed at e3 2015 as well

We also saw Forza Motorsport 6
Forza Motorsport 6 was announced in January 2015.

As for Gears... You might have me there. I believe it leaked prior to the show which is warping my memory.

Shin-chan

I don't see how he's moving goalposts when he's specifically referring to new game announcements. The number of actual debut reveals is usually not that high at any of the shows - I don't see how 4 or 5 main game reveals is seen as small or disappointing, apart from the actual titles themselves. It's also not a misrepresentation of the quantity of reveals as you can see from your own list.

Xumbrega

Banned
General RAAM in Killer Instinct probably will be just a small trailer before the Gears of War 4 gameplay

Also, I don't think they are going to put forza horizon 3 gameplay, there's a forza event for that, probably just a small trailer as well

Sea of Thieves a five minutes gameplay sounds about right
same for Halo Wars and Battletoads maybe

Age of empires probably a trailer, we will already have a RTS gameplay with Halo Wars

I don't see how he's moving goalposts when he's specifically referring to new game announcements. The number of actual debut reveals is usually not that high at any of the shows - I don't see how 4 or 5 main game reveals is seen as small or disappointing, apart from the actual titles themselves. It's also not a misrepresentation of the quantity of reveals as you can see from your own list.

This, but seems saying this gets you labelled a hater..people are sensitive here wow. Lesson learned.

etta

my hard graphic balls

So there's four surprises then? Battletoads, FH3, AoE, and zombies game. That's what counts?
Then 2015 had Recore, Cuphead/Ashen/Tacoma, Ion, Rare Replay, Sea of Thieves, Gears Ultimate, Gears 4.
Is that what is being argued?

Chris1

There's obviously going to be more than what's leaked.. but probably just small teasers for late 2017/early 2018 that last about a minute or less with a more in deph trailer at gamescom and/or E3 2017.

I'd guess Ori 2 being one of them and whatever their big holiday 2017 game is (it's not going to be Crackdown is it? lol)

Shin-chan

So there's four surprises then? Battletoads, FH3, AoE, and zombies game. That's what counts?
Then 2015 had Recore, Cuphead/Ashen/Tacoma, Ion, Rare Replay, Sea of Thieves, Gears Ultimate, Gears 4.
Is that what is being argued?
Pretty much yes. I believe the discussion is around brand new game reveals. I don't know that Cupbead et al count, as weren't they revealed before?

If Microsofts big first party announcements for the show were the three titles in the thread title I don't see how that compares poorly in terms of quantity with last year. Now, in terms of appeal/quality I can certainly see the disappointment but that's because only Age of Empires is of any interest to me.

Top Bottom