• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox E3 info (Zombie game, Battletoads, Forza Horizon, AoE, more)

Zukkoyaki

So there's four surprises then? Battletoads, FH3, AoE, and zombies game. That's what counts?
Then 2015 had Recore, Cuphead/Ashen/Tacoma, Ion, Rare Replay, Sea of Thieves, Gears Ultimate, Gears 4.
Is that what is being argued?
Cuphead and Tacoma were announced in 2014. Ion and Ashen aren't published by Microsoft.

I think what is being discussed is the number of new Microsoft-published games at E3 2015 and comparing that with this list.

Last year was 5: Gears 4, Gears Ultimate, Recore, Sea of Thieves and Rare Replay

Assuming this list is true, that would mean 4 new Microsoft-published announcements at E3 2016. So I think this list is very plausible and pretty in-line with what they've done previously.

Could the zombie game be Left 4 Dead 3? Thought there were some rumors floating around. Not sure how reliable they are though.

Sounds like people are assuming Dead Rising. Seeing as L4D is a Valve property, it seems unlikely there would be a direct line to MS in that equation.

rob305

Cuphead and Tacoma were announced in 2014. Ion and Ashen aren't published by Microsoft.

I think what is being discussed is the number of new Microsoft-published games at E3 2015 and comparing that with this list.

Last year was 5: Gears 4, Gears Ultimate, Recore, Sea of Thieves and Rare Replay

Assuming this list is true, that would mean 4 new Microsoft-published announcements at E3 2016. So I think this list is very plausible and pretty in-line with what they've done previously.

I'll requote myself:
The leaker even said it doesnt include new IPs because he didnt know what to search for. Also, he only scratched the surface. There might be more stuff regarding existing IP which he didnt find yet

etta

my hard graphic balls
Pretty much yes. I believe the discussion is around brand new game reveals. I don't know that Cupbead et al count, as weren't they revealed before?

If Microsofts big first party announcements for the show were the three titles in the thread title I don't see how that compares poorly in terms of quantity with last year. Now, in terms of appeal/quality I can certainly see the disappointment but that's because only Age of Empires is of any interest to me.

That's very unlikely then. Battletoads is probably not going to be an AAA title and it's a revival, as is AoE. Only FH3 and the zombies game (assuming it's an AAA game) are "big/blockbuster/mass appeal" types of games.
There's no way they have only two of those.

Why am I even arguing this, that list is clearly incomplete and probably even made up by someone instead of it actually being part of the conference.

And we're good. Carry on.

Glad I didn't cock up. Feeling like this right now:
8kGHpDr.jpg

Only thing that really interests me here is the potential for FH3 and it being set in Australia. That, alone, would make E3 great for me.

I haven't been paying close enough attention to Sea of Thieves. I didn't know it was MMO-related, and that kind of shits on my interest. Battletoads' potential unveiling is also good for fans, but I've never been big into it. Too hard.

MS needs to give people that don't have a Xbox One yet a reason to get one, and also to get people on board for a possible Scorpio reveal if those reports from Kotaku and Polygon are true. So no way that's going to be it, i'm not expecting any groundbreaking announcements but definitely more new IP's in there.

So... Two AAA games... Exactly like last year? (Gears 4 and Sea of Thieves)

Recore is very likely AAA as well.

What is this about Jade Empire?

None of that sounds particularly exciting, to be honest. Still looking forward to Microsoft presser more than anyone else's though.

expiringfunds

Neo Member
I really want to believe it's Left 4 Dead 3. Timing seems right, but this is Valve we are talking about.
Also, it makes some sense being that it was a Microsoft console exclusive.

Zedox

Thanks for correcting me guys. I thought about it being at Gamescom but couldn't remember. :)
I thought ReCore was gamescom...I got them mixed up. lol.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Thanks for correcting me guys. I thought about it being at Gamescom but couldn't remember. :)
I thought ReCore was gamescom...I got them mixed up. lol.

I had the same doubt. It's just that E3 and Gamescom were so close last year that i feels like all games were announced at the same event.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So... Two AAA games... Exactly like last year? (Gears 4 and Sea of Thieves)
Recore is AAA, so 3 I guess.
I don't know, it sure felt like there were a load more surprises in 2015, there's no way they don't have more than the four in this list.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I seriously can't tell if ReCore is supposed to be a big budget game.

With the complete lack of information/updates plus Inafune recent shenanigans, it doesn't inspire me much confidence.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
You fuckers got me hyped for Dead Rising 4 now. If I don't get it, you're all fucked. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I'll figure something out. Brb.

I said it earlier in the thread but again, I don't understand why everyone would find this slate of announcements thin. It falls pretty well in line with the type and number of announcements that they usually make in regards to new Microsoft-published software at E3.

Let's compare this list of rumors with Microsoft Studios games announced last year...

- 2 AAA games = Gears 4, Sea of Thieves
- 1 more AA game = Recore
- 1 revival of sorts = Rare Replay

2016 rumored games
- 2 AAA games = Forza Horizon 3, Age of Empires
- 1 more AA game = Zombie MMOish game
- 1 revival of sorts = Battletoads

Everything about the type of and number of announcements checks out and is pretty much par for the course for an Xbox E3. There will of course be discussion of third parties and other already announced first party games in addition to the presumed hardware and Windows discussion.

I will say thay if this list is legit, there's probably an additional big game or two. Microsoft needs a homerun E3 with new hardware coming.

That's the thing though, Sony is very likely to talk or even show that Neo, it would really surprise me if it's silent on Sony's side after all those leaks from a while ago. And if those reports are true, it's planned for holidays, isn't it? MS however is said to be planning their Scorpio for 2017 and unveiling soon. It just doesn't make sense to me to unveil a new system when it's more than a year from release. Has that ever happened before?

Arkam

If they make an AoE announcement it damn well better be for PC. Im not sure I can stand to see anymore console RTS bastardizations. The last two gens did there worst to the genre and the PC ports paid the price.

Chris1

Shinobi saying it's not a small game:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187718358&postcount=1007

Shinobi saying it's a 3D action adventure game with a garage to customize:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202622685&postcount=354

Shinobi saying it's not releasing in spring 2 months before MS announced it:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183884183&postcount=103

Shinobi saying there's quests, find robot dudes, RPG and customization elements, melee and shooting combat:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191396651&postcount=158

That's all I can find from what Shinobi has said, but what he's said sounds amazing to me.
Shinobi saying it's not a smallgame specifically, doesn't mean it's not AAA but yea. Plus it's $60 which pretty much confirms AAA from MS otherwise it'd be priced $20-$40 or thereabouts.

kc44135

Probably a dumb question, but there's no way the "zombie game" mentioned here could be Resident Evil 7, right? I mean, Capcom would have to be crazy to make RE7 an Xbox exclusive, wouldn't they? I only ask because I remember hearing rumors awhile ago about 7 being an X1 exclusive, and because all of Capcom's AAA releases have been exclusives on Consoles so far this gen (DR3 for X1, SFV for PS4).

icespide

Banned
Probably a dumb question, but there's no way the "zombie game" mentioned here could be Resident Evil 7, right? I mean, Capcom would have to be crazy to make RE7 an Xbox exclusive, wouldn't they? I only ask because I remember hearing rumors awhile ago about 7 being an X1 exclusive, and because all of Capcom's AAA releases have been exclusives on Consoles so far this gen (DR3 for X1, SFV for PS4).

if RE7 is exclusive i'd expect it to be a PS4 exclusive.

I really doubt it'll be exclusive though

rrc1594

It's possible, but I doubt MS would pay for that when they can get DR4 or what UnDead Labs is working on.

Top Bottom