• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox E3 info (Zombie game, Battletoads, Forza Horizon, AoE, more)

rrc1594

Yeah there were a lot of shitty fighting games that were popular in the 90s. Like 3rd Strike.

281.gif

Zukkoyaki

Are people serious when they make posts like this?

Why would one think that tiny list is even close to everything?

If we're talking strictly new software from Microsoft (so not including debut games from third parties, that aren't published by Microsoft), that's pretty par for an Xbox E3.

Last year had:

- Gears 4
- Sea of Thieves
- Recore
- Rare Replay

2014 had:

- Scalebound
- Crackdown
- Phantom Dust
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- Master Chief Collection

If this rumor is true,then a new Age of Empires, Battletoads, Forza Horizon, and Zombie MMO would fit their pattern pretty well.

nnarum

Why?

If you don't have reasons, why would you want to buy one? Too much time and money on your hands?

I agree. I don't understand these comments. Also the ones that say if the price of so and so console drops to $X I would buy it. You weren't going to buy it anyway even if it drops to that price.

As far as the rumors go, I'm kind of disappointed Sea of Thieves being more of a Destiny/Division-like multiplayer game. There's not really a lot to go by from that short description, I'm just hoping its more than just a co-op focused game. I want ship battles (not just 1-on-1s either, but with 4-5 ships at a time) a-la Assasin's Creed 4, where you go onto the seas, at least in certain areas, and are at threat of being attacked by other players.

And I'm never going to get my New Zealand Forza Horizon game, am I? Well, Australia isn't a bad choice. I wonder if we will be able to drive through Sydney? I hope so.

Of course, this is assuming that these rumors are even accurate.

I misread you and changed it because i thought you mean the opposite.

oh okay. I was going to clarify but I think you got what I meant.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
If Microsoft can make a new Age of Empires that doesn't suck it would be glorious for me because I been playing a lot of Empire Earth and Age of Empires II recently and I want to see a modern take on the genre that doesn't involve an always online connection or micro transactions.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
New AoE could possibly be the best thing to come out of this E3, or any recent E3 for that matter.

Now I'm going to end up disappointed.

Plasma

Banned
I thought DR3 was a solid launch game but the location it was set in lacked the character that the other two had it just felt a bit uninspired. Not sure how I feel about it being online especially when Capcom can't even get the zenny shop open on SFV.

I'm kind of hoping it's actually L4D3 I'd love to play another one of those.

AdanVC

Holy shit hope that bit about a new Age of Empires becomes true! One of my favorite games, especially AoE II. It definided my childhood/pre-teen years. <3

The Flash

Banned
Also if Battletoads is true, please let it be developed by Yacht Club Games.

I think YCG could do a Battletoads game well. Would be cool to see a 3D Battletoads game as well.

Speaking of which I'd love to do the OT for this if it gets announced. Been pumped at the possibility of a new Battletoads for a while so I think I can do it justice.

Even though I will never play it, Forza Horizon 3 being set in Australia sounds awesome. Especially if it's not just the outback.

I don't think that MS blew their load early with this...

Are people serious when they make posts like this?

Why would one think that tiny list is even close to everything?

It's actually even smaller, don't even bother watching their presser.

Made another post stating I was taking the list seriously...well aware there will be much more...

More concerned about more leaks (if this is true or holds any weight) would like surprises.

Xumbrega

Banned
Class 4 is supposed to be a full MMO?

I would be happier if it was a MMO lite like the Division with zombies, open world and with a well writen story.

:(

Bsigg12

Looks a lot like the pre-E3 announcement thing they always do. Horizon 2 was announced the week before E3 for instance.

If we're talking strictly new software from Microsoft (so not including debut games from third parties, that aren't published by Microsoft), that's pretty par for an Xbox E3.

Last year had:

- Gears 4
- Sea of Thieves
- Recore
- Rare Replay

2014 had:

- Scalebound
- Crackdown
- Phantom Dust
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- Master Chief Collection

If this rumor is true,then a new Age of Empires, Battletoads, Forza Horizon, and Zombie MMO would fit their pattern pretty well.
These lists are always depressing.

So many games. So little materialisation years on.

Class 4 is supposed to be a full MMO?

I would be happier if it was a MMO lite like the Division with zombies, open world and with a well writen story.

:(

From what little they spoke of it a long time ago, it just sounded like day z

Fear not, it won't be an MMO, think of it more as a coop based State of Decay. MMO would ruin what made State of Decay incredible, and it would fade into irrelevance just like Day Z and all the other crappy zombie MMOs. Sounds like the devs realised this and switched directions to make it more like a multiplayer enabled SoD.

Xumbrega

Banned
Fear not, it won't be an MMO, think of it more as a coop based State of Decay. MMO would ruin what made State of Decay incredible, and it would fade into irrelevance just like Day Z and all the other crappy zombie MMOs. Sounds like the devs realised this and switched directions to make it more like a multiplayer enabled SoD.

Hopefully they changed their minds indeed, a MMO lite like The Division would work so much better, IMO.

Yikes. I hope they've got a lot more than that and they're holding it close to the chest. Not a one of those games interests me in the least. (No, Battletoads doesn't sound interesting.) I really hope they've got more to say than this, but honestly, if they announce new games, I'm not even sure I should be exited about those either, because god knows when/if we'll see them come to pass.

Hardware talk is about the only thing I'm genuinely interested in at this point, and more from a curiosity standpoint, as the existing rumors either sound boring, or too far off to get excited about. I just want to see the big picture plan for Xbox going forward.

So unless there's something really wild waiting in the wings... Microsoft and Nintendo are looking to have a very boring E3. Still don't know about Sony, but that's more because I just haven't heard a lot in the way of rumors from their direction. I don't have high hopes though. This is sounding more and more like it will be a snoozer.

At least the Giant Bomb folks have their industry gatherings on their night shows. Some interesting banter about the games business in general typically comes out of that, so at least there's something to look forward to.

PinballRJ

I'm assuming that FH3 will come with a backwards compatible code for FH1

Now if Forza Horizon 2 would go on sale for once, I'll be happy

Top Bottom