• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox E3 info (Zombie game, Battletoads, Forza Horizon, AoE, more)

wachie

Not sure why the thread title was changed and people are taking the OP seriously.

The "incoming video" was known since yesterday, I believe it was ekim or some one else pointing it out. There is nothing credible in that reddit post to take it seriously.

thuway

Well since we have this information out of the way. I guess it leaves the big hitters to officially show up. I bet we can see something from Gears 4, ReCORE, Scalebound, Halo Wars 2, and a new IP? I think that should be a really solid show. IF you mix that into the "hardware" talk, Microsoft could have a really solid show .

'E3... spoilers'?

What the actual fuck

Well... If you treat E3 like watching a TV show or a movie, there's a certain logic to it. It's just a piece of entertainment, so why not attempt to preserve your surprise? I admit that I enjoy a surprise that comes out of nowhere.

Now, it falls apart for me when you remember that E3 is basically just one long advertisement, and in that, I don't really see the point of preserving a company's marketing plan as a consumer. The idea of "spoiling" it is fairly nonsensical.

But hey, let people approach it how they want.

Fear not, it won't be an MMO, think of it more as a coop based State of Decay. MMO would ruin what made State of Decay incredible, and it would fade into irrelevance just like Day Z and all the other crappy zombie MMOs. Sounds like the devs realised this and switched directions to make it more like a multiplayer enabled SoD.

If true, thank the Gods. State of Decay is one of my Top 5 favorite titles of last gen (and this gen), despite its flaws. I've been pretty anxious Undead Labs was going to FUBAR the sequel by forgetting what makes the game great. Yeah, there's a nice list of feature and game-world tweaks I'd love to see added that could make an already great zombie survival game close to perfect. But all they'd really need to do to make a lot of fans happy would be to add functional couch and online co-op to the original game. If that's all they did I'd pick it up Day 1. I'm guessing they'll add a lot more than that and hopefully fix some of the more annoying design flaws and bugs. In any case, hearing about some of the wacky MMO ideas really worried me, but you've restored some measure of hope.

shandy706

is it possible to look close to Driveclub?

Probably not with an Open World. Should look amazing though.

Creating highly detailed and controlled closed tracks (DC) allows for more focused graphics/work.

Things change when the player can suddenly take a right off the pavement and go straight through a field of corn/bushes/flowers.

this has been known forever. its literally in the title of the game's thread here

You're only just out?

That's been really obvious for a while, they even said it was a shared world game and not mmo. I don't know why people are surprised by this.

ive not been following it religiously. I just noticed it, and the excitement i had from initial announcement is gone.

Untwist your underwear

Well since we have this information out of the way. I guess it leaves the big hitters to officially show up. I bet we can see something from Gears 4, ReCORE, Scalebound, Halo Wars 2, and a new IP? I think that should be a really solid show. IF you mix that into the "hardware" talk, Microsoft could have a really solid show .
Yeah, I am thinking it will be a solid showing as usual for MS. I just wonder if they can have one or two big announcements to really get folk excited. I'd say the backwards compatibility announcement last year was the closest they have been in recent memory.

Cruxist

Man, I would kill for a Halo Wars 2 beta launch during E3. My boss is out that week, so I would absolutely take a day off and just play it all day long.

If true, thank the Gods. State of Decay is one of my Top 5 favorite titles of last gen (and this gen). I've been pretty anxious Undead Labs was going to FUBAR the sequel by forgetting what makes the game great. Yeah, there's a nice list of feature and game-world tweaks I'd love to see added that could make an already great zombie survival game close to perfect. But all they'd really need to do to make a lot of fans happy would be to add functional couch and online co-op to the original game. If that's all they did I'd pick it up Day 1. Hearing about some of the wacky MMO ideas really worried me, but you've restored some measure of hope.

Believe me, I agree 100%. I only know this because of how closely I followed the game a while back, just to assuage my fears that they'd make it some DayZ type thing.

The devs have been very tight lipped on the new game, but if you want insight into where it's going, all the discussion is in this thread on their forum.

https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/the-giant-enormous-mega-class4-thread.251/

I don't get the hype for battletoads. It was never really that big of an IP, just notorious for its difficulty. I had fun playing it as a kid but can't imagine there is that much broad interest for it.

Looking forward to seeing what Sea of Thieves is all about, I'm hoping that the "simpler artstyle" we saw in the initial trailer might allow for splitscreen.

LuuKyK

Only interesting thing for me in that list is Age of Empires. Considering its actually something new and not a mobile or online game again. Hopefully its true.

Rosur

Sea of Thieves being more like Destiny/ The Division actually makes me more interested in it.

also FH3 being in Australia is disappointing

A new State of Decay with online features, even if it just ends up being co-op, is definitely one of my most wanted games.

And please give us Forza Horizon 3 on pc day-and-date with console version (wheel support too).

Bring on e3!

Edit: shit got real xD

RdN

Some interesting stuff.

Forza Horizon 3 in Australia collaborates some leaks we had a while ago and sounds like a very good destination for the franchise. I'm still against making Forza an anual game, so I really didn't want to see a new game already in this year... But, MS gonna MS.

Halo Wars 2 and Dashboard betas makes me happy. The sooner I get my hands on them, the better.

I always knew that Sea of Thieves was going to be a "MMO Lite" much like Destiny and The Division. Anyone expecting something other than that set themselves up for disappointment.

And I don't know how to feel about the Battletoads stuff, if it really ends up being true. Would they go full 3D? Or make a smaller, 2.5D game?

Dovahking

giphy.gif

Top Bottom