• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumors / Tales From Someone's Ass - New Batch of Persona 6 Info - Releasing Summer 2025, Announcement at TGA

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's not Midori at least.

edit: TGS not TGA.

- Announcement at TGS
- Releasing around Summer 2025
- Post launch DLC
- Dual protagonists

MABz0GQ.png

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Not sure how I feel about dual simultaneous protagonists, but iat least this would be something different.

Also, art school and especially modern art… eh, I guess we shall see during the next few months how it all looks.

Last edited:

Arachnid

Lmao @ the title. Every single one of these rumor threads should start like that. Who's that poster who constantly posts the most click-baity bullshit rumor threads? That dude needs to take notes.

Go_Ly_Dow

#teamreal

Although a bit scepitcal of it being a 2025 game after the P5 debacle which was delayed and didn't release for 3-4 years after announcement.

I don't expect the same time gap here from reveal > release here, but sounds too good to be true...

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about dual simultaneous protagonists, but iat least this would be something different.

Also, art school and especially modern art… eh, I guess we shall see during the next few months how it all looks.

I think it would be really cool if it's in chapters, maybe you replay the same month and see both sides before then going to the dungeon and your link choices in the first month affect availability in your second run of each month/period.

I'm not sure it's interesting. It could be annoying though.

Lambogenie

Persona. Absolutely no reason to get on launch. Wait for bundled, cheaper edition. And also wait to see how bloated it is. Always great concepts but bloated as hell games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Two protagonists in a game like this feels like a very odd choice outside of the main storyline.

In the absence of two full scenarios, I guess this makes sense. Have 2 characters, have some smaller 'sub-chapters' with the girl while the guy is your standard Persona protagonist.

AmuroChan

#teamfake on this. The expansion pass thing doesn't make much business sense to me. They would make considerably more money if they just follow the Golden/Royal model and re-release P6 with extra content a couple years after P6 and sell it again at $70 a pop. P3R had an expansion pass because that was a remake and Episode Aigis came out within the same year.

Ridicululzz

I wouldn't doubt it considering how early they announced P5. Let's not announce games 6 years off anymore.

Also

Do you think anyone would do that? Just lie on the Internet for clout?
Yeah definitely agree 100% with the bolded. Taking everything with a grain of salt, but the two protagonist thing does sound interesting :pie_thinking:

bender

What time is it?
In the absence of two full scenarios, I guess this makes sense. Have 2 characters, have some smaller 'sub-chapters' with the girl while the guy is your standard Persona protagonist.

It's why you know the rumor is bogus. The second character would only be added in for the Fez/Golden/Royal edition of the game.

StereoVsn

Yep, play the first time near release (after couple of patches) and second time on the V2.

Did that with P3 / FES (well and P3P and P3 Remake), P4 / Golden, P5 / P5R and SMT V (Vengeance is on backlog list).

I am not waiting years for some of my favorite video game series to play it. Life is short.

Top Bottom