• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan Braun suspended by MLB for entire season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the rest of the season at least.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...raun-for-the-remainder-of-the-season/related/

MLB just announced that Ryan Braun has been suspended for the remainder of the season for “violations of the Basic Agreement and its Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.”

Braun has already accepted the suspension and the former MVP issued a statement that said: “I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions.”

A liar and a cheat.

ari

Banned
Baseball is such a fucking joke. What a shitty debacle that sport have become in the last decade.

harSon

Banned
Dude doped his way into a 20th Pirates' losing season. We would have beat the Brewers 4 more times no problem if they didn't have Bane on their team.

Well this doesn't bode well for all the other players involved with the Biogenesis scandal. Wonder if we'll see other's step up and take responsibility or if they'll continue to deny their involvement. Looking at you A-Rod.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Baseball is such a fucking joke. What a shitty debacle that sport have become in the last decade.
At least the players aren't all going to have their brains scrambled before they retire.

At least Braun didn't murder someone.

Wasn't he going around to different media outlets saying how the test was bullshit? What happened to the tester that he threw under the bus?

Such a dumbass. Gets his first positive test thrown out during his MVP season because the tester screwed up in following procedure and instead of waking up and changing his ways he just continues on doing it. Deserves the ban and whatever else they throw at him as well imo.

sangreal

I think the original plan was for 100 games. I wonder how/why he got his sentence reduced.

because he admitted it. saves everyone a big fight. It's also technically his first offense, and Baseball probably wanted some precedent for going over 50 games

Friggz

that being said..muscle milk marketeers sure did a bad job this year. During the winter they signed both aaron hernandez and Ryan Braun. lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Have to love how Baseball is a joke because its the only American sport that actually aggressively goes after the cheaters.

NBA has a joke of a drug testing policy. NFL can't even get their shit together to agree on a policy that was supposed to have been agreed to in the last CBA. MLB actually has a rigid testing policy in place, catches people who cheat, and then goes after cheaters that are trying to cheat that system.

And Ryan Braun is the biggest fraud in the world. Rafi Palmeiro got nothing on him.

ZeroRay

All pro athletes have doped in the last 30 or so years.

Some are just better/have more leeway in hiding it than others.

Cloudy

Banned
Such a dumbass. Gets his first positive test thrown out during his MVP season because the tester screwed up in following procedure and instead of waking up and changing his ways he just continues on doing it. Deserves the ban and whatever else they throw at him as well imo.

That's a lot of pressure to keep juicing cos any dropoff this year would have been attributed to PEDs. Crazy how he's getting nailed by clinic records instead of an actual failed drug test this time....

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Have to love how Baseball is a joke because its the only American sport that actually aggressively goes after the cheaters.

That's not the reason. Although one of the reasons is the whole "We've cleaned up baseball, there is no more cheating" bullshit that keeps spilling from dumb peoples' mouths.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That's not the reason. Although one of the reasons is the whole "We've cleaned up baseball, there is no more cheating" bullshit that keeps spilling from dumb peoples' mouths.

I don't think anybody has said that. Cheaters will always try to cheat. Baseball tries to keep up with the cheaters, other leagues like the NBA and the NFL basically just turn the other way.

I think if you started doing blood samples in the NFL, NBA, tennis, soccer, etc, it would be a be as bad or worse.

Friggz

baseball is protecting themselves. They have known about steroids in the league for 15 years. Do you think they were complaining when McGwire and Sosa were going nuts in 98 and bringing fans back to the game after baseball was all but dead in 94?

They are saving face becuase everything is public now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom