• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.Link FM - PersonaGAF Podcasting for Everyone's Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venfayth

laura_bailey_full5.jpg

<3

Levito

Banned
After Erin's episode we'll have to ask Laura Bailey and other voice actors on, seeing a VO was on the podcast previously should help coax them into actually coming on.

All part of the plan boys. All part of the plan.

After Erin's episode we'll have to ask Laura Bailey and other voice actors on, seeing a VO was on the podcast previously should help coax them into actually coming on.

I hope you realize that if you get Laura Bailey to come on the podcast, there'll be nothing you can do to stop me from being in that episode. I will personally fly to your house and break in to record next to you if I have to.

I'm like some sort of non-giving-up-VA-guy.

CSX

Damn congrats

Things getting big. Imagine if yall become THE podcast to listen to when P5 finally is announced with a trailer and everything :) 100k downloads

cjkeats

As much as I love the idea of being on with the VAs, I can't think of anything constructive to talk about. So I'm fie sitting them out. Hope you guys got a plan though.

Although if the Laura Bailey one ever happens, some one get her to call me "CJ-Senpai" and say some dirty things in Rise's voice....for...reasons.

Astra

:O Getting VAs on now. This podcast is going places.

I really ought to catch up on them, I haven't listened to any since the first one.

Astra

Listen to the newest one with Venfayth, iwakura and me.

It's... It's pretty good.

Oooo, sounds very interesting. I'm going to get them all in.
I think I'm going to download them, and listen while taking a walk.
Hopefully there is nothing too funny in any of them that will have me in a Yukiko laughing fit on the sidewalk.

Oooo, sounds very interesting. I'm going to get them all in.
I think I'm going to download them, and listen while taking a walk.
Hopefully there is nothing too funny in any of them that will have me in a Yukiko laughing fit on the sidewalk.

We talk about Mara in Episode 5. That should tell you all you need to know.

Levito

Banned
Yeah I'm going to try is withhold asking Erin to do things like "SAY YOU SAY THIS IN CHIE'S VOICE PWESE?" :p

:O Getting VAs on now. This podcast is going places.

I really ought to catch up on them, I haven't listened to any since the first one.

We've got significantly better since that episode, the latest Episode Mind Games got a lot of positive feedback. We're also on the itunes store now.

Couple future episode ideas: I'd like to have an episode dedicated to music in SMT, and have Jintor, Doug Farrell, and -hopefully- Dale North on.

Also, we keep joking about a "Waifu Wars" episode, which would either be a complete disaster or fucking hilarious. I had the idea to comission an artist to make a boxing/MMA event card, kind of like this:

Except with like Chie vs Yukari. Oh god what a train wreck that'll be. hahahaha

Here are a few more ideas for you:

Localization: Discuss the differences between the English and Japanese scripts. Cultural barriers, taboos, added jokes/allusions; cover it all. Definitely get someone who's played both versions of the games for the best, most accurate comparisons.

Attachment: How ATLUS manages to get you personally invested in the cast of the Persona series. Share anecdotes, analyses, whatever; just be sure to give special mention to Nanako :)

Persona Battle Royale: Get four guests to each represent one game in the Persona series and then duke it out in a debate to decide which is the best entry in the series. Be sure to make it so that guests must shout "OBJECTION!" when a point is presented which they can definitely refute.

CSX

Localization: Discuss the differences between the English and Japanese scripts. Cultural barriers, taboos, added jokes/allusions; cover it all. Definitely get someone who's played both versions of the games for the best, most accurate comparisons.

I can give the persceptive of a person who did this while knowing little to no japanese. Thats 5 minutes of enteratinment :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46214504&postcount=12601

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46216120&postcount=12617

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46216912&postcount=12627

PK Gaming

I can actually help you with that. Just say the word, and i'll do it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah I'm going to try is withhold asking Erin to do things like "SAY YOU SAY THIS IN CHIE'S VOICE PWESE?" :p

I was going to joke and actually say that we had Chie as a guest. :p

Also, we keep joking about a "Waifu Wars" episode, which would either be a complete disaster or fucking hilarious. I had the idea to comission an artist to make a boxing/MMA event card, kind of like this:

We actually should do this, except that it's only available to subscribers a la Penny Arcade, so we should start a kickstarter soon.

Marche90

Also, we keep joking about a "Waifu Wars" episode, which would either be a complete disaster or fucking hilarious.

Attachment: How ATLUS manages to get you personally invested in the cast of the Persona series. Share anecdotes, analyses, whatever; just be sure to give special mention to Nanako :)

If these ever get made, I would love to be a part of them. Was going to say the music one too, but I don't think I will quite fit.

Also, I support the idea of Laura Bailey in an episode too. After listening to her recent works (FE:A most recently) I've totally become a fan of hers

Says a lot about the dubbing industry (and my tastes, I guess) in Latin America that I know more about English VA's than Spanish VA's, huh?

THIS CANNOT END WELL AT ALL

though it may be hilarious

Uncle AJ

Yeah, for VA eps we need a lot of good actual discussion material in order to make it not boring/repetitive for them.

Yeah, unlike all the other episodes with fighting game players and such. Pour the dump truck of boring and repetitive conversation on those guys!

Levito said:

It will be for Yukari.

So Michelle Ann Dunphy, voice actress for Margaret/Ayane just said she's come on the podcast.

Imagine if she'd do a station ID for us in Margaret's voice... Oh god oh man

She'd likely hook us up after she approved of that Apple Song. Actually, we should get every VA to voice in the ID in a character voice, that'd be sweet :)

Ok, so any suggestions for the Ep.6 Title? I have the tentative "Whoop-Ass Time" in it, but am down for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom