• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Sony have an ace up their sleeve as they probably are actually making a new silent hill with one of their teams, so letting this guy lead people on that his shitty studio from the middle of nowhere is making PT is no doubt a bit awkward for them, they don't want to say they are making a sequel themselves yet, but at the same time will be very reassured by the hype levels this idiot is building up.

It explains the hints Sony keep dropping.

This tracks with my thinking. Its the only way that Hasan gets out of this with anything is to be the marketing stooge for something real.

The thing is that Konami, Kojima, and Sony have all been playing along throughout this whole campaign. Any of them could have poured cold water all over it, but they haven't. Kojima specifically has a lot of reason to do this as he's at the centre of the conspiracy venn-diagram and has a new (well reissue) product coming out in September to promote.

This tracks with my thinking. Its the only way that Hasan gets out of this with anything is to be the marketing stooge for something real.

The thing is that Konami, Kojima, and Sony have all been playing along throughout this whole campaign. Any of them could have poured cold water all over it, but they haven't. Kojima specifically has a lot of reason to do this as he's at the centre of the conspiracy venn-diagram and has a new (well reissue) product coming out in September to promote.

I don't think Hasan is in on it at all. He's just a fraud trying to build hype by teasing unrealistic expectations. Sony are just doing poker face as they know they do actually have the game in development, so they'll let Hasan fuck his PR up by revealing some shitty unity asset flip game next week then swoop in and reveal the actual silent hill they were making a few weeks later.

This shitty Hasan stunt is free hype for them, which is why they are being coy and teasing on twitter and not shutting it down.

Last edited by a moderator:

skit_data

I don't think Hasan is in on it at all. He's just a fraud trying to build hype by teasing unrealistic expectations. Sony are just doing poker face as they know they do actually have the game in development, so they'll let Hasan fuck his PR up by revealing some shitty unity asset flip game next week then swoop in and reveal the actual silent hill they were making a few weeks later.

This shitty Hasan stunt is free hype for them, which is why they are being coy and teasing on twitter.
Haven’t heard this theory before, but it makes some sense.

It’s free hype from Sony, and since they aren’t involved with the game they really don’t need to help him out.

Edit: Also makes even more sense since the rumor has been that Bluepoint makes MGS Remake and that the Silent Hill IP license might be given to several other studios including Sony.
It’s free marketing for Sony and it lies in their interest that the hype levels are high but in this scenario they don’t have to take the flack = All to gain, nothing to lose.

Last edited:
Haven’t heard this theory before, but it makes some sense.

It’s free hype from Sony, and since they aren’t involved with the game they really don’t need to help him out.

Edit: Also makes even more sense since the rumor has been that Bluepoint makes MGS Remake and that the Silent Hill IP license might be given to several other studios including Sony.
It’s free marketing for Sony and it lies in their interest that the hype levels are high but in this scenario they don’t have to take the flack = All to gain, nothing to lose.

Of course Sony is going to take the Flack. Sony allowed this to happen not anyone else. They placed software on their system which did not work.

You can't even get a game update installed without sony validation so whatever is happening is 100% sony's fault at this point

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

This shitty Hasan stunt is free hype for them, which is why they are being coy and teasing on twitter and not shutting it down.

If it was just an asset flip, why not show more then? He could just get that forest scene from the first trailer relit in UE4 as night-time and bingo, there's "new" footage.
I mean if you go back to that initial teaser, its not bad at all. There's certainly enough in there to fake up more, and better promotional stuff.

Calverz

Here’s what’s going to happen. Just had this verified by a source.

Sony will have their state of play. Not sure on date yet. It will reveal cod vanguard but there will be a ‘one more thing’ at the end.
Hasan will appear on the screen talking to us about abandoned similar to Twitter vids but as he talks it becomes apparent not all appears as it seems. Slowly his face with start to glitch and become more skeletal looking. Think of Campbell in mgs 2 codecs.
And will announce that abandoned is actually a metal gear solid game.
Silent hill it is not. That’s still MIA I’m afraid.

Great Hair

Banned
celebrate happy birthday GIF by Birthday Bot
E8n3rEJXsAoOTC-

bitbydeath

Gold Member

Sony will have their state of play. Not sure on date yet. It will reveal cod vanguard but there will be a ‘one more thing’ at the end.
Hasan will appear on the screen talking to us about abandoned similar to Twitter vids but as he talks it becomes apparent not all appears as it seems. Slowly his face with start to glitch and become more skeletal looking. Think of Campbell in mgs 2 codecs.
They did mention more trailers dropping throughout the year on the app so it might just start with MGS as the first announcement. 🤞

lol
You forgot to put /s at the end though :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DarthPutin

Y'all are trying to apply reason and logic to Hasan's actions. But he seems like delusional amateur playing at being dev. Assume total idiocity and lack of professionalism and almost anything is possible.

Clearly he had some other source of income all this time, but nobody said you can't make shitty asset flip "games" as a hobby in your free time.

The reason he's doing it now is the same reason he was doing same shit for ages. Only this time he accidentally ended up in the centre of attention. Think about it - why would he do this stupid crap before?

Maybe this time he'll actually have some slightly less shitty indie game to show off, and is desperately stalling to make it somewhat more presentable. Since it's his once in a lifetime opportunity and the guy's quite delusional to think this "game" might win us over. It's a good scenario, in bad one he'll just string us along indefinitely.

I also think that some wires might've been crossed and something might be happening with IPs, so there might be some teasing unrelated to Hasan. And any denials would've to be very carefully worded not to give anything away. Hasan already published tweet stating that he's not affiliated with Konami or Konami's IP, what's more do they need from him? Calling your game Survive It All is not illegal.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
There's no way anyone respectable is going to work with these clowns, it's a shame this wasn't figured out earlier.

Team Real is going to be right, there will be a game, but it won't be the game they're conspiracy dreaming of.
It was figured out long ago. nobody listened.
There was a video last month describing those kickstarters history.... I can't find it now ;/

killatopak

That makes me sad.

No offense to fellow MGS fans but I would rather have SH.

Nickolaidas

Unless this whole thing is an act, the incompetence displayed here should make everyone run away. Do you really want to buy a product from people who apparently are incapable of keeping their shit together? Can't even release a gameplay trailer?

Fucking assclowns.

KiNeMz

Banned
Unless this whole thing is an act, the incompetence displayed here should make everyone run away. Do you really want to buy a product from people who apparently are incapable of keeping their shit together? Can't even release a gameplay trailer?

Fucking assclowns.
I'm not going to buy anything until I fully know what it is. The game is fun the most fun I've had since death stranding, MGS5 and PT.

Last edited:

DarthPutin

I agree, it's been superfun. More so when I almost believed something's happening, but I'm looking forward to everyone being put out of our misery... Hopefully he'll actually post his shovelware and it will be clear enough. Very fun thread and I hope this story gave Kojima lots of inspiration...since I'm just so bored.

THEAP99

Banned
Imagine still thinking this game is from a big franchise like silent hill or MGS.

Hasan from the beginning, was obviously never a real game developer. He looks like the Chad meme. He looks like he trains for UFC in the day time and then mines crypto in the night while snorting cocaine off hookers asses. Lmao let it go please

Imagine still thinking this game is from a big franchise like silent hill or MGS.

Hasan from the beginning, was obviously never a real game developer. He looks like the Chad meme. He looks like he trains for UFC in the day time and then mines crypto in the night while snorting cocaine off hookers asses. Lmao let it go please
If only we could all be as based as Hasan.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

I mean, I no longer think it's kojima, sh, konami whatever bullshit.
But I am still extremely interested to check the shitty trailer :p

Top Bottom