• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwish

Abandon Ship GIF

Doczu

I'm still on team real, but this is taking too long. Seriously there is a fine line between keeping expectations up and leaving you with blue balls for too long.
I've got blue balls irl, don't need a second pair in my entertainment bubble.
I'm signing off from this thread for a while.

Withnail

scam

It's not a scam, just an indie dev who enjoyed the attention but over-promised and didn't appreciate how crazy some people in the gaming community are.

At some point in the future he will be on podcasts talking ruefully about how his life changed because of some naive comments he made. He's like the indie dev version of Adam Orth.

Vae_Victis

Banned
So, the PT anniversary has passed, nothing happened. Has Team Real consulted their sheep entrails to divine the next date that "can't just be a coincidence!!!"?

On a serious note, a question for the die-hard believers: what needs to happen for you to convince yourselves that this is NOT Kojima's doing?

It's not a rethorical question. Ask yourselves sincerely: in what scenario would you just say "Fine, I was wrong, it's not Kojima, I can move on now"? Partially I'm curious to know, after all that has already happened, but I also want to point out that if you can't think of one, that's not a great sign.

ParaSeoul

It's not a scam, just an indie dev who enjoyed the attention but over-promised and didn't appreciate how crazy some people in the gaming community are.

At some point in the future he will be on podcasts talking ruefully about how his life changed because of some naive comments he made. He's like the indie dev version of Adam Orth.
Don't reply to that guy.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I'm still on team real, but this is taking too long. Seriously there is a fine line between keeping expectations up and leaving you with blue balls for too long.
I've got blue balls irl, don't need a second pair in my entertainment bubble.
I'm signing off from this thread for a while.
tenor.gif

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
The fault isn't on BlueBox Studio but you guys who raised expectations to the point of madness, they were giving hype for their game and yes they may be wrong but you guys who took that hype and fill it with too many excitement

I feel this game will just go down to hill because people has face it with the opposite of silence and keep connecting it to Kojima's work

Haven't seen this posted in the thread; The time in Kojima's daily music tweets represent a countdown:

Also, when you move the right analog to the right on the "check back soon .." screen, PS5 seems to ramp up its fan signalling increased processing, possibly meaning that something is running in the background. "what you see is what you play"

Last edited:

Withnail

Haven't seen this posted in the thread; The time in Kojima's daily music tweets represent a countdown:

Also, when you move the right analog to the right on the "check back soon .." screen, PS5 seems to ramp up its fan signalling increased processing, possibly meaning that something is running in the background. "what you see is what you play"

This is madness.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
So, the PT anniversary has passed, nothing happened. Has Team Real consulted their sheep entrails to divine the next date that "can't just be a coincidence!!!"?

On a serious note, a question for the die-hard believers: what needs to happen for you to convince yourselves that this is NOT Kojima's doing?

It's not a rethorical question. Ask yourselves sincerely: in what scenario would you just say "Fine, I was wrong, it's not Kojima, I can move on now"? Partially I'm curious to know, after all that has already happened, but I also want to point out that if you can't think of one, that's not a great sign.

Once Bluebox actually show us a workable demo/trailer and I am convinced this is not a ruse. Until then I still believe that this is still not what it appears to be. I will happily admit that I was wrong once we have 100% confirmation that this is a legitimate product. Until then there are just too many coincidences. I mean look at this guys spelling on Twitter. I know English is not his first language but for Sony to put this guy on a pedestal on the PS blog and seemingly support his work and then have this unprofessional appearance with the delay of the app etc. It’s not the type of press they want or need…. Unless they want the eyes on them at the correct time. I will admit defeat if we still see absolutely nothing after the next PS event or no further hints are teased.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
The Twitter activity updating people makes me think they’re flying too close to the sun with this one and that something must be close. I have a real feeling that we will know one way or the other in the next 2 weeks. There is simply no way this can continue for much longer regardless if this is real or fake.

fragganaut

This happend at my PS5 too. Yesterday, I was trying all kind of things on the "return back soon" screen, and at one point the PS5 was getting really loud and was staying at that noise level. I thought at that time that this was the disk drive spinning and that this was some kind of Bug in the app so I closed the app and restarted it but the noise was still there after I restartet the app. I then gave up thinking that it was a Bug in the App

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

My 3700x voltage jumps to 1.4 when I just move my 1000hz mouse around. That's just fucking ryzen overreaction

Last edited:

fragganaut

inspired by reading this

what if you have to "scan" the screen trying to find a wall or a BOX only relying on sound or haptic feedback.
For instance right stick controls the view. Your aiming point is where the last dot is or should be, and then move to the right until no notice something changing then try to find out if this marks some kind of edge...
seems fun to try

inspired by reading this

what if you have to "scan" the screen trying to find a wall or a BOX only relying on sound or haptic feedback.
For instance right stick controls the view. Your aiming point is where the last dot is or should be, and then move to the right until no notice something changing then try to find out if this marks some kind of edge...
seems fun to try
This is hilarious. You guys are completely out of your minds.
The app is broken, it doesn’t work, it doesn’t do anything, and it never will.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
inspired by reading this

seems fun to try
No it doesn’t.

I'm glad I never jumped on this train because this snail paced developments are excruciating to witness even from a distance.
If this really is a ruse cruise then the captain on board is a sadist.

Top Bottom