• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Faithless83

Banned
Sunk cost=demo will be free, I am not assuming otherwise.

Asking you if the app will be free and why, is not assuming it won't be free... It was the best way to show you guys doing a lot of assuming but if you think I was assuming, OK then likewise.
Do you understand what you are posting? LOL
I'm saying there is no way you would build hype if the app was paid.
If it was a payed app to play a trailer in real time, what would be the point in releasing it instead of a video on youtube?
I'm even pointing to the PT situation back then, google it if you were not around back then.

It's like playing chess with a pigeon... geez...

Faithless83

Banned
Uh Oh Wrestling GIF by WWE

Uh oh ... Someones' lawyers rose from their coffins.
Real genius of them to wait this long, huh? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Wouldn't Konami be the first one to deny it?
All I see is they hyping up merch for a "dead" franchise.

Isn't that weird?

Think people!! THINK!

schaft0620

I think it's a Silent Hill collection (not remastered, just ports). With P.T. included for PlayStation players. They are using this ARG thing to market it and it was supposed to be announced with the merch and new logo/key art last night.

Just my guess and it makes everyone right, it's "not what you think it is." It's "not related to Kojima in any way." It's "going to disappoint some people." Yet it's obviously not this $250k AA game made by 50+ people that don't exist.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Real genius of them to wait this long, huh? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Wouldn't Konami be the first one to deny it?
All I see is they hyping up merch for a "dead" franchise.

Isn't that weird?

Think people!! THINK!
Sorry, just a moment of weakness. Even Jesus was tempted in the desert.
Im Back Reality Show GIF by The Bachelor

You won't get an app on friday.

And if you do, it will contain jack shit as mighty Hasan mentioned.

He will jerk your for the summer and you will still believe his shit.
Better have a strong grip if he plans to jerk all of us off all summer.

Do you understand what you are posting? LOL
I'm saying there is no way you would build hype if the app was paid.
If it was a payed app to play a trailer in real time, what would be the point in releasing it instead of a video on youtube?
I'm even pointing to the PT situation back then, google it if you were not around back then.

It's like playing chess with a pigeon... geez...
Hold it with the similies buddy, I'm not talking in that way to you, right?

Faithless83

Banned
No need to reiterate and go on the old grounds, also still, that isn't a response to 'stop calling me shit, like bird brain' but planting your foot to the ground and standing behind that...
I'm legit trying to understand what you meant here:

"Asking you if the app will be free and why, is not assuming it won't be free... It was the best way to show you guys doing a lot of assuming but if you think I was assuming, OK then likewise."

How is this showing anything? Isn't it obvious that the app would be free?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
All of this coming in halfway through an argument stuff is lame, guys. NEXT.

Hasn't anyone come up with a new piece of evidence by inverting the colors and reading the reflection of Kojima's glasses in a twitter pic or come up with some coordinates to travel to to find Pyramid Head's helmet or something?

Faithless83

Banned
Sony was receiving thousand of emails asking for refunds - on top of being in the press for their last-gen hardware that couldn’t run the most anticipated game of the year.

No one’s complaining about Abandoned - yet.
Wouldn't it be in Konami interests that a "nobody dev" would be using their franchise to generate hype?
Can you explain it?

Instead they are going full "Here's Silent Hill merch guys, enjoy it!"

tommib

Gold Member
Wouldn't it be in Konami interests that a "nobody dev" would be using their franchise to generate hype?
Can you explain it?

Instead they are going full "Here's Silent Hill merch guys, enjoy it!"
They’re selling you a skateboard, they couldn’t care less about dragging the Silent Hill brand through the mud: think of all the poor sequels after 4, pachinko machines and PS Vita dungeon crawler.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I haven't seen anyone do it here, but it's pretty hilarious to see how many people online are contributing evidence, while making sure to leave themselves an exit to save face by pretending they don't actually think anything is up. Basically a lot of variations of:
"Wow, you guys are certifiably insane if you actually think is true, lmao.... but it's funny that no one even pointed out how at twenty seconds into the trailer you can see....and just so you know, those three numbers at the end signify..."
Do you really have to save face over something like this? Just look at the evidence, go with your gut, and have fun. People are afraid they will be the butt of a joke, if they admit they believe.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
I haven't seen anyone do it here, but it's pretty hilarious to see how many people online are contributing evidence, while making sure to leave themselves an exit to save face by pretending they don't actually think anything is up. Basically a lot of variations of:
"Wow, you guys are certifiably insane if you actually think is true, lmao.... but it's funny that no one even pointed out how at twenty seconds into the trailer you can see....and just so you know, those three numbers at the end signify..."
Do you really have to save face over something like this? Just look at the evidence, go with your gut, and have fun. People are afraid they will be the butt of a joke, if they admit they believe.
People go back and forth depending on the last minute news. It’s normal. No need to turn this into a religion and blindly follow whatever you think this is. We have politics for that.

I’ll be the fist one to admit that depending on time of the day, I’m all in. Right now, not really. 🤷🏻‍♂️

SafeOrAlone

Banned
People go back and forth depending on the last minute news. It’s normal. No need to turn this into a religion and blindly follow whatever you think this is. We have politics for that.

I’ll be the fist one to admit that depending on time of the day, I’m all in. Right now, not really. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Nah, it's not about going back and forth. People are allowed to change their minds. That's not what my post implied.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I'm always all in. The best thing that can happen is a new Silent Hill. The worst that can happen is nothing changes. I'm not so emotionally unstable as to get distraught that something that was never being developed isn't being developed. But if it is, that's fucking cool. It's a win win over here.

I got no evidence, but I believe.

It's Silent Hill. It's going to be awesome.

Dog 3D GIF

Faithless83

Banned
They’re selling you a skateboard, they couldn’t care less about dragging the Silent Hill brand through the mud: think of all the poor sequels after 4, pachinko machines and PS Vita dungeon crawler.
What they were doing with the franchise isn't the point. It's your IP, you need to protect it and make damn sure people won't mess with it.
Look at how Nintendo does things on this department and you'll understand where I'm coming from.

They should have been quick to dismiss their involvement with it, yet the only party doing it is the "not Kojima" dev.
The same thing happened with Moby Dick back then.

Kojima is silent on this and Konami is on the "merch train".

There is something in there... I get the doubt in the early stages, but the behavior on the involved parties alone suggest that it's happening.

It baffles me how people are still on the fake train.
In ours there is only hype and love for a franchise dear to so many in here.

I'm legit trying to understand what you meant here:

"Asking you if the app will be free and why, is not assuming it won't be free... It was the best way to show you guys doing a lot of assuming but if you think I was assuming, OK then likewise."

How is this showing anything? Isn't it obvious that the app would be free?
Obvious if you are a sane person who is totally not a grifter.

AND even if the guy is insane and/or a total grifter 95% he could still make it free and risk exposing his little asset flip of a game bit by bit as he makes them, just so he keeps the hype alive and deliver promising cryptic bullshit to string people along SO that finally, he sells it many times over than if he did not go with the flow of S_ _ _ _ _L marketing choice.

AND there's still a small chance that the guy is insane and a grifter who sees a lot of people are onto him, corporate trouble brewing so that instead of going the trouble of actually making more stuff, he could decide to cut his losses, price the demo with drip-feed of shit promising more and get at least a bit of money back.

What you think the guy going with the first two depend on your belief that this is something huge and legit, in that case, it would be really obvious. You still discount the off chance he is a grifter that could end up going with choice three. You assume as if the first two instances are the only possiblities, hence we both assume shit likewise and DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW FOR A FACT SINCE IT IS NOT OUT YET. No matter how obvious it is, it doesn't make it a fact on a suspicious, weird case such as this.

killatopak

Gold Member
Some people’s choices actually have consequences.
I won't watch Jav for a week if this really turns out to be Kojimbo related.

See how much I am willing to sacrifice for this to be true?
I now understand why you backed out when the stakes are this high.

At least you don’t get to tattoo Jason on your back.

Faithless83

Banned
Obvious if you are a sane person who is totally not a grifter.

AND even if the guy is insane and/or a total grifter 95% he could still make it free and risk exposing his little asset flip of a game bit by bit as he makes them, just so he keeps the hype alive and deliver promising cryptic bullshit to string people along SO that finally, he sells it many times over than if he did not go with the flow of S_ _ _ _ _L marketing choice.

AND there's still a small chance that the guy is insane and a grifter who sees a lot of people are onto him, corporate trouble brewing so that instead of going the trouble of actually making more stuff, he could decide to cut his losses, price the demo with drip-feed of shit promising more and get at least a bit of money back.

What you think the guy going with the first two depend on your belief that this is something huge and legit, in that case, it would be really obvious. You still discount the off chance he is a grifter that could end up going with choice three. You assume as if the first two instances are the only possiblities, hence we both assume shit likewise and DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW FOR A FACT SINCE IT IS NOT OUT YET. No matter how obvious it is, it doesn't make it a fact on a suspicious, weird case such as this.
Here is the response to your reply:

Since the clues turned into a wait and see game, do you think they will bring the nurses back?
I mean, it's 2021, we can't have this in a video game. /s
Silent-Hill-Nurse.jpg

dwr1WUO.gif

You what the naysayers in this thread remind me of? Remember way back when project beast was rumored. you had so many drive by and say "are we sure is this exclusive?" to now I'm going to say "are we sure this is silent hills?" Ah good times lol.

You assume Sony has the same limited information that you do. We've never seen an indie get a hype app before. What do you assume, that Sony authorized this with zero checks? Do you assume Sony has no more information or evidence of the game than we do?

When you approach a point of skepticism assuming gross incompetence/negligence, then you end up with just as sloppy and idiotic sounding of a theory as the people you don't believe. We've got evidence that the app is real. I'd be absolutely shocked if Sony authorized that without having seen far more of the game than we have.

Think of it this way. The very suspicions that you have come up with in a brief review of this thread would have sounded blaring sirens in the normal vetting process that a more experienced and staffed team at Sony should have undertaken.

I find it slightly annoying that some naysayers come in here acting all high and mighty like we're not a bunch of UFO and flat earth deniers ourselves. I'm not some conspiracy nut, but I'm also not prone to dismissing a bunch of uncanny coincidences.

Fucking Google Translate alone is like a 1 in 600 fluke according to one poster here. You could pick any random dev's name out of a phone book, and your chances of landing on a name that translates verifiably into the name of the prime suspect would be minuscule. And we know from history that Kojima has used his name when creating a fictitious dev before. Now, start multiplying by the other oddities like a hype app (verified) for a no name indie, coupled with the complete lack of traceable employee information for anyone at the firm, and the continued tweets, which began with a SH tease. Your odds of this being some random scam drop to zero, unless you assume all of this passed through the Sony vetting process, which has been solid for decades. And and if we're to assume that Sony's vetting process isn't that strong to begin with, we have to also assume that no one has tried to scam then before, and that this one time is the time they've lavished extra privileges on said scammer.

A lot of pieces have to fall into place for this to be a scam. Not much needs to fall into place for this to be Kojima again. This is a case where we're both looking at the same information, but the gymnastics required to believe bungling by Sony are more involved than just assuming Kojima is cooking something up.

i have no issue with people ignoring theories based on lack of information. That's smart. That's logical. I take issue with people assuming that not only we have been taken for a ride, but that professionals who've iterated this process hundreds, if not thousands, of times have also somehow decided to join us on this magic carpet ride. That's insulting some pretty fucking smart people. There's not much to be gained by Sony here, if this is a scam. There is a lot to be gained if it's Kojima. I trust that professionals haven't lost the will or ability to do their job. I might end up wrong, but there's nothing in it for me. This is just good fun. Sony's indie team? This would be embarrassing.
When you say hype app, I don’t really know what that means. You’re assuming it’s going to be an amazing piece of work with a killer trailer, and not, you know, a piece of crap which is exactly what this same person released on 2015 and called it a playable trailer. Exactly like this.

Alebrije

Curious we do not hear Microsoft talking about something related with Konami IPs...like they know that wont get anything from them because Konami does not cares or could have a deal with other company.

Here is the response to your reply:

Since the clues turned into a wait and see game, do you think they will bring the nurses back?
I mean, it's 2021, we can't have this in a video game. /s
Silent-Hill-Nurse.jpg
A few years back the bartender at my neighborhood bar dressed up as a Nurse from SH. She friggin' nailed it.

I was the only person who knew it was from SH too. Classy lady, served me Miller High Life all night. I was dressed as a zombie.

DryvBy

Does he need to have a masterplan? Can't he just be a moron who stumbles through things and doesn't really know what he's doing?

• Guy won the lottery with an asset-flip pitch and got Sony to tell him "yeah, whatever, it looks decent enough, you can publish in on PS5 once it's finished, and a demo earlier on if you want". Content is scarce right now, so he got the trailer published and a blog post published about it. As far as Sony was concerned, that was (and has been) it.
  • Then people on the internet went wild witg the mental gymnastics, and immediately started saying he was secretly Kojima, over nothing else than his game "making no sense" as a PS5 release otherwise (if they only knew...).
  • He run with it because why not, he must have thought it's free publicity. But with the "Abandoned = S____L" he overstepped, somebody at Sony, Kojima or Konami gave him a call, and he had to publish a full retraction to specify in unquestionable terms that he has nothing to do with either Kojima or Konami. At this point, he's legally safe as long as he doesn't say anything else hinting at him being developing a new Silent Hill (which, in fact, he did not do).
  • People refused to take the very very obvious hint, either the idea of him being Kojima was just too funny to let reality spoil it, or they just really really want it to be true, and started digging around for ANYTHING related to him hat could in ANY way be traced back to ANYTHING connected to Kojima or Silent Hill. Of course, if you look really really had and stretch the facts a bit, a couple of very circumstantial pieces of evidence are bound to crop up.
  • He's now in full panic mode because he doesn't know how to stop it, he's afraid people will want his head on the 22, so he starts pushing the envelope back ("Oh, the app will launch, but it won't actually contain anything initially"; "Oh, sorry, the launch was pushed back by a few days, stay tuned").
Does this sound believable enough to you?
I mean, then Konami, Kojima and Sony could all come out and flat out deny this. There's a really easy fix to this and they're letting it go wild.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Jeff Chubb's other "leaks"

"Starfield coming out in 2021"

"Battlefield 2042 on game pass day 1"

"Kojima's Xbox game will be revealed at E3 2021"

He didn't say any of this lol... he said Starfield is coming 2022 most likely, said not to expect Kojima's game at E3, and said he thinks BF 2042 might come early to GamePass/EA Play, but wasn't "leaking" anything, was just speculation.

Top Bottom