• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hyperbertha

Does he need to have a masterplan? Can't he just be a moron who stumbles through things and doesn't really know what he's doing?

• Guy won the lottery with an asset-flip pitch and got Sony to tell him "yeah, whatever, it looks decent enough, you can publish in on PS5 once it's finished, and a demo earlier on if you want". Content is scarce right now, so he got the trailer published and a blog post published about it. As far as Sony was concerned, that was (and has been) it.
  • Then people on the internet went wild witg the mental gymnastics, and immediately started saying he was secretly Kojima, over nothing else than his game "making no sense" as a PS5 release otherwise (if they only knew...).
  • He run with it because why not, he must have thought it's free publicity. But with the "Abandoned = S____L" he overstepped, somebody at Sony, Kojima or Konami gave him a call, and he had to publish a full retraction to specify in unquestionable terms that he has nothing to do with either Kojima or Konami. At this point, he's legally safe as long as he doesn't say anything else hinting at him being developing a new Silent Hill (which, in fact, he did not do).
  • People refused to take the very very obvious hint, either the idea of him being Kojima was just too funny to let reality spoil it, or they just really really want it to be true, and started digging around for ANYTHING related to him hat could in ANY way be traced back to ANYTHING connected to Kojima or Silent Hill. Of course, if you look really really had and stretch the facts a bit, a couple of very circumstantial pieces of evidence are bound to crop up.
  • He's now in full panic mode because he doesn't know how to stop it, he's afraid people will want his head on the 22, so he starts pushing the envelope back ("Oh, the app will launch, but it won't actually contain anything initially"; "Oh, sorry, the launch was pushed back by a few days, stay tuned").
Does this sound believable enough to you?
His actions don't suggest he is in panick mode at all. He's constantly upping the ante. He now claims the game is fully mocapped, with a unique animation very single time, with no animations repeating even once in the game. He claims he has 50 plus developers working under him. None of this suggests he is going into panick mode. He has also stated multiple times it will not disappoint despite the expectations that it is silent hill.

If you buy that he is not lying, you will also have to admit this isn't a trash asset flip. This is an AAA tier game.

Last edited:

RaySoft

Seems to be gibberish due to incomplete data:
GSGJcGO.png

Got the clean version from reddit:
kh145bo.png

I don't think it's possible to get a cleaner version of the whole thing:

That looks like DotCode. It's a type of barcode. Like this
Impossible to read if you don't have all the dots, since it's using error correction algorithms.

Some more info in this YT video

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Behold the voice of Hasan!

EDIT: apparently accent sounds authentic Dutch so can debunk my uncertainty. Either way no dev is this open in the dms like this if the game is big. This game is likely a scam :(

Last edited:

A Turkish man who lives in the Netherlands yet sounds American....

Crazy news: people can have different accents and move to different countries! I say this as a man originally from North America working as a developer in Europe with a North American accent.

Also, not sure that's a straight American accent there...that sounds Dutchish to my untrained ear.

Last edited:

reksveks

A Turkish man who lives in the Netherlands yet sounds American....

I have jumped off the train and indifferent to it now but I don't know how much you realise that American TV really does have a weird impact on people's accents when speaking English. Had someone come to my school with an American accent and they came from Sri Lanka, they picked it up off US TV shows.

To the naysayers what exactly do you believe? You have only 2 real possibilities

1. BBGS is legit but has nothing to do with Kojima or Sony. Which means this 'indie' dev has 7 studios assisting him and 50+ devs under him to make what? The most high budget indie game ever made? The guy who made such illustrious titles such as 'rewind' and the 'haunting' that sold 10 copies, out of the blue is fully backed by Sony and has money to have a studio exactly as large as Kojima Productions and do full mocap for every single animation.

2. Hasan is just a liar and everything he said in his tweets is just a lie. In which case, to what end? What's the plan here? Lie to everyone, release a trash tier asset flip, end his career, and then what?

I think there is third possibility that is much more likely - It IS indeed a scam, a scam that's going to end up in Kojima Island in Hokkaido prefecture 41°21′34″N 139°48′18″E.
There's another third option.

What lies has he exactly told? He showed a quick trailer he made with some cheap assets in the Unreal engine, and wants to promote his new horror game with it.
He's just stretching the truth about how far along they are, and how capable they are. The rest is the internet running crazy, seeing shapes in clouds.

DonJorginho

Banned
Whoever that is in that audio clip definitely has a Dutch accent though. Dutch people tend to talk American English anyway but still retain the hard stops and intonation of Dutch speech.
I have jumped off the train and indifferent to it now but I don't know how much you realise that American TV really does have a weird impact on people's accents when speaking English. Had someone come to my school with an American accent and they came from Sri Lanka, they picked it up off US TV shows.
Can confirm since I live in the Netherlands. There’s nothing fishy about the accent.
Didn't sound native american to me...
Crazy news: people can have different accents and move to different countries! I say this as a man originally from North America working as a developer in Europe with a North American accent.

Also, not sure that's a straight American accent there...that sounds Dutchish to my untrained ear.
Have edited the original, I am veering into #TeamScam regardless, my faith in this being real fades with every new thing "Hasan" blurts out.

RaySoft

Ive been trying to scan it with a dotcode scanner. but no luck. Even trying to decode it. I think it works as binary vertically?
I don't think you can decode it 1:1 since some dots are there just for error correction and have nothing to do with the original data, just to verify that all other dot's are correct.

This code: (just a sample from internet. Nothing to do with the game.)
barcode_DotCode.png

is:
www.manateeworks.com

Last edited:

SaucyJack

Does he need to have a masterplan? Can't he just be a moron who stumbles through things and doesn't really know what he's doing?

• Guy won the lottery with an asset-flip pitch and got Sony to tell him "yeah, whatever, it looks decent enough, you can publish in on PS5 once it's finished, and a demo earlier on if you want". Content is scarce right now, so he got the trailer published and a blog post published about it. As far as Sony was concerned, that was (and has been) it.
  • Then people on the internet went wild witg the mental gymnastics, and immediately started saying he was secretly Kojima, over nothing else than his game "making no sense" as a PS5 release otherwise (if they only knew...).
  • He run with it because why not, he must have thought it's free publicity. But with the "Abandoned = S____L" he overstepped, somebody at Sony, Kojima or Konami gave him a call, and he had to publish a full retraction to specify in unquestionable terms that he has nothing to do with either Kojima or Konami. At this point, he's legally safe as long as he doesn't say anything else hinting at him being developing a new Silent Hill (which, in fact, he did not do).
  • People refused to take the very very obvious hint, either the idea of him being Kojima was just too funny to let reality spoil it, or they just really really want it to be true, and started digging around for ANYTHING related to him hat could in ANY way be traced back to ANYTHING connected to Kojima or Silent Hill. Of course, if you look really really had and stretch the facts a bit, a couple of very circumstantial pieces of evidence are bound to crop up.
  • He's now in full panic mode because he doesn't know how to stop it, he's afraid people will want his head on the 22, so he starts pushing the envelope back ("Oh, the app will launch, but it won't actually contain anything initially"; "Oh, sorry, the launch was pushed back by a few days, stay tuned").
Does this sound believable enough to you?

not really

RaySoft

Where’s the second pic from? That looks like punched tape

There’s different ways to read 5 track tape, these 2 I’ve tried have resulted in gibberish in either orientation
xyfPtTg.jpg
D2vmA9b.jpg
It's taken from the Death Stranding: Directors Cut teaser.. It's probably DotCode wich is a kind of barcode. (@2:17)

Last edited:
This guy is really not helping himself if this is all fake. Don't give me that absolute bs 'we get wound up in a Kojima conspiracy and nobody believes us', yeah sure Hasan, not like you've been fuelling the fire yourself literally every step of the way. If this is the fake scam full of lies and deception which I'm starting to think it is, I hope this 'development studio', if you can even call it that, comes down in flames over the backlash.

AALLx

Where’s the second pic from? That looks like punched tape

There’s different ways to read 5 track tape, these 2 I’ve tried have resulted in gibberish in either orientation
xyfPtTg.jpg
D2vmA9b.jpg
To be honest, it's from one of the suspected Hasan twitter accounts (that is most likely just a troll). I just found the image that person posted interesting and was wondering if it could mean anything (doesn't have to be connected with all these, just found the cipher interesting in itself):
E4Ev5ltWYAMblts

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
This guy is really not helping himself if this is all fake. Don't give me that absolute bs 'we get wound up in a Kojima conspiracy and nobody believes us', yeah sure Hasan, not like you've been fuelling the fire yourself literally every step of the way. If this is the fake scam full of lies and deception which I'm starting to think it is, I hope this 'development studio', if you can even call it that, comes down in flames over the backlash.
327e7980a82b5686be8db04758c9c9a4--silent-hill--its-always.jpg

AALLx

I don't think you can decode it 1:1 since some dots are there just for error correction and have nothing to do with the original data, just to verify that all other dot's are correct.

This code: (just a sample from internet. Nothing to do with the game.)
barcode_DotCode.png

is:
www.manateeworks.com
Meaning it's highly unlikely that it's an easter egg then, given that the entire code is illegible and therefore impossible to decipher.

emivita

To be honest, it's from one of the suspected Hasan twitter accounts (that is most likely just a troll). I just found the image that person posted interesting and was wondering if it could mean anything (doesn't have to be connected with all these, just found the cipher interesting in itself):
E4Ev5ltWYAMblts

Spoilers I suppose...

Datatsushi (堕辰子) is an extraterrestrial creature in Forbidden Siren, unintentionally setting in motion the game's events, acting as the major influence in the game's storyline...

...The red water appears in the atmosphere of Hanuda village when the Siren blares. It is symbolically the blood of Datatsushi, and is constructed with a crystalline structure that appears to replace the blood of living things...

....The water has massive regenerative properties, so much that dead humans revive as Shibito. In terms of gameplay, whenever the player is injured, the red water falling as rain regenerates the player's health more quickly than normal wounds. Biologically speaking, the red water replaces lost blood, until the crystalline liquid fully runs through a person's veins. Once this happens, the human is bound to Datatsushi and becomes a Shibito....

https://forbiddensiren.fandom.com/wiki/Datatsushihttps://forbiddensiren.fandom.com/wiki/Red_Water

TheGejsza

Next stop: App delayed til the 27th so people go bonkers again, lol
If it's a ruse and Sony want to announce anything regarding Silent Hill this month I think 25.06 is a resonable date to release 'pt-like teaser'. Don't forget they need to give players some time to 'unravel' the 'teaser' and Kojima said multiple times they he thought that PT will take a week to solve but players solved it in 24h. So If this time the ruse will be harder 'to solve' giving players 2 days is a good idea.

So releasine 'teaser app' two days before PSX (Sony event) would be good idea - give enough time to solve mystery and then full 'normal' trailer at PSX. That's how I see it.

KiNeMz

Banned
Spoilers I suppose...

Datatsushi (堕辰子) is an extraterrestrial creature in Forbidden Siren, unintentionally setting in motion the game's events, acting as the major influence in the game's storyline...

...The red water appears in the atmosphere of Hanuda village when the Siren blares. It is symbolically the blood of Datatsushi, and is constructed with a crystalline structure that appears to replace the blood of living things...

....The water has massive regenerative properties, so much that dead humans revive as Shibito. In terms of gameplay, whenever the player is injured, the red water falling as rain regenerates the player's health more quickly than normal wounds. Biologically speaking, the red water replaces lost blood, until the crystalline liquid fully runs through a person's veins. Once this happens, the human is bound to Datatsushi and becomes a Shibito....

https://forbiddensiren.fandom.com/wiki/Datatsushihttps://forbiddensiren.fandom.com/wiki/Red_Water
So red rain. Time rain. What's the link

Doczu

If it's a ruse and Sony want to announce anything regarding Silent Hill this month I think 25.06 is a resonable date to release 'pt-like teaser'. Don't forget they need to give players some time to 'unravel' the 'teaser' and Kojima said multiple times they he thought that PT will take a week to solve but players solved it in 24h. So If this time the ruse will be harder 'to solve' giving players 2 days is a good idea.

So releasine 'teaser app' two days before PSX (Sony event) would be good idea - give enough time to solve mystery and then full 'normal' trailer at PSX. That's how I see it.
But the 27th iscon a Sunday, i don't think any show will take place on a Sunday. Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't recall Sony doing a live show on a Sunday

emivita

So red rain. Time rain. What's the link
You need to look at it in a symbolic way.

The UFO represents the extraterrestrial creature.
The angel plays the horn to make it rain, but this is a symbolic figure. That horn actually represents the siren.
Also, that figure on the bottom looks like a worshipper, just like in Siren:

hL4XSdH.jpg

bellome

E4Ev5ltWYAMblts
This is what i found

Soul Machine​

In Soul Machine Daniel Martin Diaz examines the mysteries of scientific diagrams, secrets of symbols and their everlasting effect on our psyche. The inspiration for this new body of work comes from the mysteries of consciousness, self-aware systems, philosophy, cellular automata, AI, sacred geometry, time travel, and mystical behaviors at atomic and subatomic levels.In recent years, Diaz became immersed in scientific and philosophical theories. In particular, he became obsessed with scientific diagrams, which explain theories and properties though drawings. Although these rudimentary drawings were without any leanings towards aesthetics, he found them to be beautiful, though that is clearly not their intention. He was inspired to use the simplicity of drawing to create his own interpretations of the concepts of consciousness and other theories on a scientific, philosophical, and spiritual level. All of the projects begin as drawings, which have a beauty and intimacy that paintings cannot capture. Graphites allure comes from its subtle lines and the quickness in which one can capture an idea.

RaySoft

Meaning it's highly unlikely that it's an easter egg then, given that the entire code is illegible and therefore impossible to decipher.
That is correct.
I don't know if Sony has released any images from the teaser? IF it's supposed to be a clue, they have to make the whole code readable for the community somehow.

"What do you mean Hasan Kahraman has a failed and deleted Kickstarter where he tried to mimic Kojima and his P.T. success to make some quick buck? You mean like a scam playable trailer that is taken down when there was no interest at the time because it wasn't Kojima's? And this was when, oh 2015? OK"

3E9Eup1.png

I guess planting some coincidences here, some numbers there, then making this ARG the cornerstone of your marketing is enough to fool some nutjobs like in the r/NeverBeGameOver subreddit to pick up those breadcrumbs and run with it.

Voila, you have generated enough hype to make some buck this time before you get shut down by the platform or IP holders or publishers.

Top Bottom