• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That might be true - and I hope so, I want all of those badly - I just don’t think it’s Hassan.
my guess is the playable demo will be laughably terrible. We’ll see.

The reactions will be funny if it really is just a small indie game that looks kinda mediocre and low budget.

At the same time this Hassan guy seems enthusiastic about the game and apparently they've been working with Sony for a while. Theres defo something more to this that is yet to unfold. Maybe this is more higher budget and has more backing from sony than we think?

Last edited:

yurinka

Looking forward to the next Silent Hill pachinko or pachislo:

p2qkowg5aal41.jpg

For me it’s strange that people so easily believe the voice belongs to Hasan. Kojima productions have a small office in the Netherlands so he could just have asked someone there to stand in for Hasan.

if Hasan would be real, he would need five be a master at manipulating people to got first the PS blog post and then even his own app in the store. I will not stopping believing, nothing of this whole thing makes sense.

RaySoft

To be honest, it's from one of the suspected Hasan twitter accounts (that is most likely just a troll). I just found the image that person posted interesting and was wondering if it could mean anything (doesn't have to be connected with all these, just found the cipher interesting in itself):
E4Ev5ltWYAMblts
That picture is featured in the book "Soul Machine" amazon

Edit: Already posted by bellome here

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
For me it’s strange that people so easily believe the voice belongs to Hasan. Kojima productions have a small office in the Netherlands so he could just have asked someone there to stand in for Hasan.

if Hasan would be real, he would need five be a master at manipulating people to got first the PS blog post and then even his own app in the store. I will not stopping believing, nothing of this whole thing makes sense.
It’s 2021. This dude, if real, would have a social media footprint. Especially looking all CG Chad. Multiple pictures, videos, anything.

All believing audio like it’s 1985🙄

Doczu

Meaning it's highly unlikely that it's an easter egg then, given that the entire code is illegible and therefore impossible to decipher.
I pressume this may be an easter egg, but it will be deciphered when the Directors Cut comes out (and the box is to be found in the game).

AI won't help since it's not based of a known quantity like i.e. the alphabet. These are "random" small dot's, so without a good source, you'll only end up with "shit in, shit out".
Thanks, makes a lot of sense

SkylineRKR

Its registered as a sole proprietorship that probably receives funds to actually start something up. But they keep shooting blanks. If anything I feel bad for my tax money.

SaucyJack

It’s 2021. This dude, if real, would have a social media footprint. Especially looking all CG Chad. Multiple pictures, videos, anything.

All believing audio like it’s 1985🙄

Been saying exactly this for a while.

Can anyone find a single detail about Hasan prior to 2015 when the Blue Box stuff was set up? Even his details for the period 2015-21 are extremely minimal, but prior to that, nothing.

Or how about a set of financial statements from Dutch Company's House? There aren’t any, which suggests that the company that has allegedly been operating for 6 years is not actually trading.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

I still can’t believe people think this is kojima and not, you know, a dev who tried to make a PT clone a bunch of times and also released crappy playable trailers for them, and is just trying to generate buzz to do it again.
You assume Sony has the same limited information that you do. We've never seen an indie get a hype app before. What do you assume, that Sony authorized this with zero checks? Do you assume Sony has no more information or evidence of the game than we do?

When you approach a point of skepticism assuming gross incompetence/negligence, then you end up with just as sloppy and idiotic sounding of a theory as the people you don't believe. We've got evidence that the app is real. I'd be absolutely shocked if Sony authorized that without having seen far more of the game than we have.

Think of it this way. The very suspicions that you have come up with in a brief review of this thread would have sounded blaring sirens in the normal vetting process that a more experienced and staffed team at Sony should have undertaken.

I find it slightly annoying that some naysayers come in here acting all high and mighty like we're not a bunch of UFO and flat earth deniers ourselves. I'm not some conspiracy nut, but I'm also not prone to dismissing a bunch of uncanny coincidences.

Fucking Google Translate alone is like a 1 in 600 fluke according to one poster here. You could pick any random dev's name out of a phone book, and your chances of landing on a name that translates verifiably into the name of the prime suspect would be minuscule. And we know from history that Kojima has used his name when creating a fictitious dev before. Now, start multiplying by the other oddities like a hype app (verified) for a no name indie, coupled with the complete lack of traceable employee information for anyone at the firm, and the continued tweets, which began with a SH tease. Your odds of this being some random scam drop to zero, unless you assume all of this passed through the Sony vetting process, which has been solid for decades. And and if we're to assume that Sony's vetting process isn't that strong to begin with, we have to also assume that no one has tried to scam then before, and that this one time is the time they've lavished extra privileges on said scammer.

A lot of pieces have to fall into place for this to be a scam. Not much needs to fall into place for this to be Kojima again. This is a case where we're both looking at the same information, but the gymnastics required to believe bungling by Sony are more involved than just assuming Kojima is cooking something up.

i have no issue with people ignoring theories based on lack of information. That's smart. That's logical. I take issue with people assuming that not only we have been taken for a ride, but that professionals who've iterated this process hundreds, if not thousands, of times have also somehow decided to join us on this magic carpet ride. That's insulting some pretty fucking smart people. There's not much to be gained by Sony here, if this is a scam. There is a lot to be gained if it's Kojima. I trust that professionals haven't lost the will or ability to do their job. I might end up wrong, but there's nothing in it for me. This is just good fun. Sony's indie team? This would be embarrassing.

Last edited:
Everything he's done to get into the PlayStation ecosystem costs money. All this so he can release a free app only to have to turn around and deliver multiple free content updates to it? When does he cash out exactly?
Oh, the app is free? And how do you know this? Guessing? We don't know that.
Oh, the multiple contents released will all be free? And how do you know this also? Just guessing still...
Oh, the game will be free in the end? (if and when it releases that is) Are you guessing this as well, it will be a free-to-play game?

Yeah he is doing this from the kindness of his heart, to fill the exclusive content gap PS5 is having around its release with his wonderful, non asset flipping game which he will release for free cause he likes us and hates money LOL

You assume Sony has the same limited information that you do.
Couldn't read past this sentence becasue you assume Sony is not doing anything behind the scenes currently. Or maybe after giving a chance to BBG to release something, anything that isn't a scam, and if(more like when) they do actually put out the scam, keeping the front appearances of being indie-friendly but behind the scenes litigating their ass to kingdom come? Cause for you everything needs to play out right in front of you in social media or in news etc for you to believe, and nothing you see play out is not actually happening?? What do you know Sony is doing right now apart from what they put out in their PR department and in social media? While the answer to that is you don't know, you will just go ahead and assume nothing just because you believe they need to do something public.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck

Oh, the multiple contents released will all be free? And how do you know this also? Just guessing still...

Oh, the game will be free in the end? (if and when it releases that is) Are you guessing this as well, it will be a free-to-play game?

Yeah he is doing this from the kindness of his heart, to fill the exclusive content gap PS5 is having around its release with his wonderful, non asset flipping game which he will release for free cause he likes us and hates money LOL
Oh, the app cost money? And how do you know this? Guessing? We don't know that.

Oh, the multiple contents released will all be paid content? And how do you know this also? Just guessing still...

👆

Look at how easy it was to pick your infantile post apart.

Since when had anyone ever paid for a trailer? After you educate me on that then I will apologize.

schaft0620

Idk if anyone has brought this up before but the story that the game has a $250,000 budget and is AA with 50 devs is a lie. The game has been in the works for ~5 years. So let's say 3.

$250,000 / 3 = $83,333.333/year. You can't pay 50 people on that, you can't pay 50+ people on 250k in one year, nevermind 3-5 years. It's a lie.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Well, maybe you should reserve judgement until its actually released before declaring it a scam?

Strange idea, I know!

Oh, the app cost money?
It is sunk cost for the final product which should be the game, which in turn is not free. So he is looking to make money on the game. Do we agree on that?

And I wasn't proposing the demo will be paid my friend, I was proposing people are assuming a WHOLE LOT of things when it comes to this thing, demo being free is one of them like it is a given.

Look at how easy it was to pick your infantile post apart.
Puhhhlease find your own shtick, picking apart your infantile post was easier the first time, all you doing is copying me like Hasan Kahraman is copying Hideo Kojima LOL

MastaKiiLA

Couldn't read past this sentence becasue you assume Sony is not doing anything behind the scenes currently. Or maybe after giving a chance to BBG to release something, anything that isn't a scam, and if(more like when) they do actually put out the scam, keeping the front appearances of being indie-friendly but behind the scenes litigating their ass to kingdom come? Cause for you everything needs to play out right in front of you in social media or in news etc for you to believe, and nothing you see play out is not actually happening?? What do you know Sony is doing right now apart from what they put out in their PR department and in social media? While the answer to that is you don't know, you will just go ahead and assume nothing just because you believe they need to do something public.
You think it makes logical sense to keep a fraudulent scheme going while actively litigating? Where have you seen this play it in real life? That's an honest question, as there might be legal scenarios that I'm not aware of.

I'm perfectly open to your scenario, if it made much sense. If they're litigating behind the scenes, then this is behavior they would want to discourage. This whole thing is public enough that they don't need to put up a front about being indie friendly. People know this already, especially the indie devs. Your suggestion honestly doesn't make sense.

And no, I don't assume everything plays out visibly. I stated as much. However, you're suggesting 2 conflicting behaviors. The conflict being the legal process, which usually doesn't jive with continued allowance of the litigated behavior.

I love seeing how cock sure some people are that this is a nothing burger and how hard they work at trying to make us believe it :messenger_tears_of_joy: .

If I honestly thought there was nothing to it, maybe I would comment once or twice to put out the inconsistencies and then let it go.

Please stop trying to gaslight us here. You have access to the exact same information we do, you don't have some special knowledge we don't all have. Some are making deductions and inferences based on previous behavior of Kojimma, etc. We are also inferring the silence from companies that are otherwise real quick to dispel rumors and speculation that can impact them means they are in on it. Nevermind the most tone-deaf company (Konami) actually leaning into it and teasing the exact same thing, when a year ago they couldn't wait to shut down this chat.

It smells more of desperation how hard certain people are trying to fight it. It's ok, once it's all done we might quote a few posts and meme them a bit, but it's all fun and games here :messenger_winking:

Feel free to come back once things are clear one way or the other.

Faithless83

Banned
It is sunk cost for the final product which should be the game, which in turn is not free. So he is looking to make money on the game. Do we agree on that?

And I wasn't proposing the demo will be paid my friend, I was proposing people are assuming a WHOLE LOT of things when it comes to this thing, demo being free is one of them like it is a given.

Puhhhlease find your own shtick, picking apart your infantile post was easier the first time, all you doing is copying me like Hasan Kahraman is copying Hideo Kojima LOL
You are assuming a lot of things yourself. PT was free.
Why would they release a paid app for a trailer/demo?

How can you generate hype if people need to pay to try something?
Think harder before posting.

As a side thing for the non believers. Sony was happy to make a public stink and remove the most anticipated game of the year from their store last year. Now for some reason they are giving the keys to the castle to some scammer nobody and not say a word?

Lol you guys don't even believe your own story 😂😂

Faithless83

Banned
As a side thing for the non believers. Sony was happy to make a public stink and remove the most anticipated game of the year from their store last year. Now for some reason they are giving the keys to the castle to some scammer nobody and not say a word?

Lol you guys don't even believe your own story 😂😂
The amount of people still lurking here is too damn high.
This killed the e3 "momentum", if we can even call it that.

"Not Kojima" won the E3 and didn't even had a trailer in it... I mean... you know what I mean. :messenger_sunglasses:

You think it makes logical sense to keep a fraudulent scheme going while actively litigating? Where have you seen this play it in real life? That's an honest question, as there might be legal scenarios that I'm not aware of.

I'm perfectly open to your scenario, if it made much sense. If they're litigating behind the scenes, then this is behavior they would want to discourage. This whole thing is public enough that they don't need to put up a front about being indie friendly. People know this already, especially the indie devs. Your suggestion honestly doesn't make sense.

And no, I don't assume everything plays out visibly. I stated as much. However, you're suggesting 2 conflicting behaviors. The conflict being the legal process, which usually doesn't jive with continued allowance of the litigated behavior.
If this turns out the way I think it will, what is fraudulent is going to be IPs, like IP infringements that can not be said to be just referenced. They are not directly ripping off Sony, they are using their platform to rip off other IPs in their software product, and they are not ripping off people.
I am pretty sure it will do 'references' that completely rip off other well-thought-out games. Perhaps personal defamation and impersonation could be filed against them if there's proof they laid out these 'coincidences' beforehand with a plan. The first batch may end up with cease and desists filed against them if they put out a game with a price at the end of all of this, while right now it seems like they are putting out a free app to demo their game, and thus no harm done.

"You think it makes logical sense to keep a fraudulent scheme going while actively litigating?" I never said that but if you want to strawman my points you could do it that way. They haven't done anything yet, this doesn't preclude Sony from building up a case against just to be safe if they think this situation warrants it. Also until BBG makes any gains from anything, they are warranted benefit of the doubt in a judicial sense. Public opinion, like myself, thinking BBG are a scam is whole another thing.

I thought the reverse orange (blue) was a reference to bluepoint on the Death Stranding trailer, now I don't know anymore.

Best scenario we got both MGS Remake and Silent Hills.
Oh I 100% believe that too, I do think both teases are slightly different. To me the main narrative seems to be Konami and Kojima's relationship to have been mended to some degree, probably with Sony in between and a truck load of cash. Feels like SH and MGS are a shoe in, I hope for more, but I dare not dream :messenger_winking:

Edit: MGS sound in the Nexus on Demon's Souls was a pretty clear hint. That and Bluepoint's tease a few years back referencing Demon's Souls and several Konami IP

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
I thought the reverse orange (blue) was a reference to bluepoint on the Death Stranding trailer, now I don't know anymore.

Best scenario we got both MGS Remake and Silent Hills.
Would make more sense to be a Blue Box hint.

However with Death Stranding late 2019 and last year delays + director's cut... how far in development can this actually be?

Even if Kojima or Blue Box Studios have nothing to do with it, there will probably be a new Silent Hill game soon.

#teamreal

Last edited:
You are assuming a lot of things yourself. PT was free.
Why would they release a paid app for a trailer/demo?

How can you generate hype if people need to pay to try something?
Think harder before posting.
Sunk cost=demo will be free, I am not assuming otherwise.

Asking you if the app will be free and why, is not assuming it won't be free... It was the best way to show you guys doing a lot of assuming but if you think I was assuming, OK then likewise.

MastaKiiLA

I love seeing how cock sure some people are that this is a nothing burger and how hard they work at trying to make us believe it :messenger_tears_of_joy: .

If I honestly thought there was nothing to it, maybe I would comment once or twice to put out the inconsistencies and then let it go.

Please stop trying to gaslight us here. You have access to the exact same information we do, you don't have some special knowledge we don't all have. Some are making deductions and inferences based on previous behavior of Kojimma, etc. We are also inferring the silence from companies that are otherwise real quick to dispel rumors and speculation that can impact them means they are in on it. Nevermind the most tone-deaf company (Konami) actually leaning into it and teasing the exact same thing, when a year ago they couldn't wait to shut down this chat.

It smells more of desperation how hard certain people are trying to fight it. It's ok, once it's all done we might quote a few posts and meme them a bit, but it's all fun and games here :messenger_winking:

Feel free to come back once things are clear one way or the other.
Agreed. I'd also like to add that this thread has been fun. We'll reach a conclusion, either for or against us nutters, and I don't mind people laughing at my expense. However, in the meantime, this thread has brought together a bunch of posters who might not agree on anything inside or outside of gaming. However, in here, we're all united in finding out what's going on, and we're investigating, meme-ing, and laughing together.

Strangely, these conspiracy threads are safe havens of positivity. No theory is too outlandish right now, and no one is going to rip you for being wrong. It's why I've only posted a few times in the UFO thread in the OT, because I don't like being Buzzkillington. I think there's a sense of ease in knowing that you're not the only person with outlier beliefs. So everyone is in a good mood in these threads.

I say, join in the fun. There isn't the same flurry of new discoveries that we had in the first days, but hopefully we'll find some new leads to follow soon. Probably to dead ends, but we'll still have fun getting there. I'm personally hoping that dot code can be properly imaged, so that we can start digging into that.

At the end of all of this, all we'll have left are the constant console warring, and childish animosity that comprises more of the gaming threads. I can go back to being a skeptic about most things again then. For now, please allow us this escape. A chance to indulge in something exciting and unknown. I personally love a good mystery, and that's what this whole thing is to me.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Sunk cost=demo will be free, I am not assuming otherwise.

Asking you if the app will be free and why, is not assuming it won't be free... It was the best way to show you guys doing a lot of assuming but if you think I was assuming, OK then likewise.
So you are arguing for the sake of arguing and not because you disagree or believe the opposite?

How many times are you going to say assume today?

longdi

Banned
imo if kojima is really behind this, he better revealed it by Wednesday.

The meme has gone on for too long, it becomes trolling

So you are arguing for the sake of arguing and not because you disagree or believe the opposite?

How many times are you going to say assume today?
Yeah, that's a thing people can do when they want to find holes in you guys' crazy theories, think of it as checks and balances kinda thing. I like to see more theories that pass muster as it is fun. Poking holes in some of them are even more fun.

As many times I'm damn well pleased lol

Top Bottom