• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

MikeMyers

Yeah it bothers me when people try to act like some authority of Sailor Moon information when most of the time they are full of misconceptions and is just embarrassing to watch.

And I'll watch the other film tomorrow, CJ.

I never really got the whole "social network" thing. Maybe it's just not my thing. Heh.

People got me to join a bunch of them, but I never understood them and I basically forgot about them after a few days. I do post on Facebook, though, but it's mostly just about what I'm playing at the moment. Hah.

I do have a Tumblr page for Sailor Moon, though, which I mainly created to post the gifs that I made for people here, but I haven't updated it very often in the last few months. Not sure if I'll ever really update it again.

Anyway...how much do non-plastic top hats go for? >_>

Ayumi

Another thing I don't like, are those people who think they're better fans for having watched the show before others.

Didn't mean to turn this whole subject into a negative thing, just airing my thoughts a little.
I hope these cute doodles I saw on pixiv makes up for it!
(Looks best on the white theme.)

G7NzzbU.png

7HvIYEG.png

MikeMyers

I do have a Tumblr page for Sailor Moon, though, which I mainly created to post the gifs that I made for people here, but I haven't updated it very often in the last few months. Not sure if I'll ever really update it again.

Anyway...how much do non-plastic top hats go for? >_>
Heh those dubbed episodes aren't even on Hulu anymore. Uh, $3.95 for the hat?

Another thing I don't like, are those people who think they're better fans for having watched the show before others.

Didn't mean to turn this whole subject into a negative thing, just airing my thoughts a little.
I hope these cute doodles I saw on pixiv makes up for it!
(Looks best on the white theme.)
Cute pictures, don't forget about the Keiko Han interview. Not trying to impose, just reminding you.

Heh those dubbed episodes aren't even on Hulu anymore. Uh, $3.95 for the hat?.

I know. :(

Anyway, thanks for the link, though that looks like the same ones I often see at local stores. I didn't like those, and they're always too small for me... :'(

Maybe I'll just photoshop a top hat into a picture. Hah.

You're trying to do Tuxedo Mask cosplay, right?

I'm thinking about it, since I might be visiting my friends in Miami all of next week, which means that I might actually get to go outside on Halloween for the first time in years. Not sure that I'll have the money to do a Tuxedo Mask costume, though.
Maybe I'll just do cheap Luigi again. I bought a cheap hat and taped an L to it. Hah. I never wore it outside of the house, though. It was pretty much just for a profile picture on Facebook.

Off-topic, but I dislike how Sailor Moon became a huge competition for posting news and pictures. It just seems so incredibly obnoxious and insincere. I find it kind of hard to find fellow SM fans on Twitter who post for themselves and not everyone else.

I do have many followers who came to me just because of my SM tweets/posts, but I don't really post stuff I don't care about. And most SM Twitter people do that. They post every little thing they find, trying to gain followers or become the "BEST SOURCE FOR SAILOR MOON NEWS".

Edit: I still post news and stuff here and there, but I don't care if I'm days late posting it. Though, I post a lot less now than before because of these people. :v

Hm... You on Twitter then? Feel free to follow. Same username as here :p

Hmm...maybe I should just do PGSM Usagi, or maybe Rei/Mars. I've got long enough hair for those. Not sure that I'd look good in a skirt, though. Haha.

Or maybe Nephrite. Yeah, that'd make a lot more sense.

Ayumi

Hmm...maybe I should just do PGSM Usagi, or maybe Rei/Mars. I've got long enough hair for those. Not sure that I'd look good in a skirt, though. Haha.

Or maybe Nephrite. Yeah, that'd make a lot more sense.

Nephrite... ; ~ ;

You better be adding thorns to your cosplay.

I'm a terrible person, I still haven't opened up my Jupiter and Saturn SH Figuarts. I need to rearrange my desk so all of them can have places to stand.

Ayumi

Cute pictures, don't forget about the Keiko Han interview. Not trying to impose, just reminding you.
Will do it once I have time. I'm mostly posting from mobile this weekend. Might not be able to do it until next week because of IRL stuff. Sorry!

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon R 65
tumblr_mdjqevo6OQ1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

Makoto and Minako get into an argument over their ex-boyfriends. I don't think this episode passes the Bachdel Test, but it has some funny reaction shots. Before I whined that it was lame that Makoto and Minako shared an episode, but rewatching Season 1 again, I realized that we had a lot of Usagi-Ami-Rei but not much of Usagi-Makoto-Minako, so this was welcome. Oh and Usagi can do a great Linda Blair impersonation apparently.

Yep. Then in Crystal she reads Tomodachi, which is another word for "friend".
Hmm, what other manga would you recommend to fans of the SM comic?

Will do it once I have time. I'm mostly posting from mobile this weekend. Might not be able to do it until next week because of IRL stuff. Sorry!
It's cool, take your time! Did you get around to watching the latest Crystal episode yet?

Ayumi

It's cool, take your time! Did you get around to watching the latest Crystal episode yet?
Not yet!

Also wow, I had no idea Sailor Moon cosplayers got so much attention here.. I'm at a huge Halloween party barely anyone is wearing cosplays yet. I really gotta use the toilet but I'm too scared to walk through the people. They all keep stopping and taking photos, it's embarrassing. :<

Also wow, I had no idea Sailor Moon cosplayers got so much attention here.. I'm at a huge Halloween party barely anyone is wearing cosplays yet. I really gotta use the toilet but I'm too scared to walk through the people. They all keep stopping and taking photos, it's embarrassing. :<

Do as Sailor Venus!

ssaeru9j07.gif

MikeMyers

cj_iwakura, I watched the Orange Road epilogue. Future Hikaru is hot!

Not yet!

Are you cosplaying as anyone? Usagi?

It would be awesome to cosplay as Tuxedo Mask, maybe next year
I'm being him this Halloween.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon R 66
iXBKFk37F5rMy.gif

Chibiusa has to make curry for her school, and goes to Usagi and Mamoru for help. Some nice development between Chibiusa and Usagi here, and the scenes where the Inner Senshi help Usagi learn to cook were hilarious. This is the infamous episode where Minako cuts her finger. Wasn't there a similar scene like this later on in the series?

Sailor Moon R 03

Never any luck in love for Makoto.

Some random guy gets attacked by a monster and for some reason it's somebody Makoto knows, Usagi tries her best to get Mamoru to remember and then a hm... new character shows up and saves the day... Except he leaves before the enemy is truly beaten. Way to go there. :p

Oh, and nobody remembers to study for a test.

eastx

Watched PGSM 35 yesterday...

Loved that Usagi finally found out Sailor Venus's real identity. I wish they had mined that for comedy more. But dang, they had to end with Minako's dramatic collapse instead.

I keep wondering. Does the actress who plays Mio (Alisa Durbrow) have a surgically enhanced mouth? It's so gigantic and distracting.

Mio03_zps1c4682e8.jpg

jwk94

Sailor Moon GAF! I have a few questions about the upcoming blu-ray release:

1) Any chance we'll get the english songs from the OG anime?

2) Will we get Moonlight Densetsu in English?

3) Sailor Moon/mini moon excluded, how different were the names between the dub and Japanese version?

Thanks for the help!

MikeMyers

is anyone familiar with the musicals? I've been updating the opening post and I realize I still need a write-up for that.

Watched PGSM 35 yesterday...

Loved that Usagi finally found out Sailor Venus's real identity. I wish they had mined that for comedy more. But dang, they had to end with Minako's dramatic collapse instead.

I keep wondering. Does the actress who plays Mio (Alisa Durbrow) have a surgically enhanced mouth? It's so gigantic and distracting.
Yeah, you'll notice PGSM Usagi is even more naive than Anime Usagi. As for Mio, yeah I kind of had that reaction too, but it is possible that it is natural too, so I didn't want to be a dick about it.

Sailor Moon GAF! I have a few questions about the upcoming blu-ray release:

1) Any chance we'll get the english songs from the OG anime?

2) Will we get Moonlight Densetsu in English?

3) Sailor Moon/mini moon excluded, how different were the names between the dub and Japanese version?

Thanks for the help!
The DVD and Blurays will come with the original Japanese version and a brand new dub that has nothing to do with the DiC dub, so don't expect anything from that dub to be here. Representatives of Viz Media did mention that their new voice actors have had to sing, but from what I saw on Hulu, the opening theme is still in Japanese. The names are Usagi (Sailor Moon), Ami (Sailor Mercury), Rei (Sailor Mars), Makoto (Sailor Jupiter), Minako (Sailor Venus), and Mamoru (Tuxedo Mask). I'm not familiar with the DiC dub much, so I don't know what names were changed. Usagi's two pals are called Naru and Umino, while Mamoru's buddy is Motoki. The cats are Luna and Artemis.

) Sailor Moon/mini moon excluded, how different were the names between the dub and Japanese version?

I know you said excluded, but I'm added them just to have a complete list:

-Sailor Moon: Usagi Tsukino (JP), Serena Tsukino (dub)
-Sailor Mercury: Ami Mizuno (JP), Amy Mizuno (dub)
-Sailor Mars: Rei Hino (JP), Raye Hino (dub)
-Sailor Jupiter: Makoto Kino (JP), Lita Kino (dub)
-Sailor Venus: Minako Aino (JP), Mina Aino (dub)
-Sailor Pluto: Setsuna Meioh (JP), Trista Meioh (dub)
-Sailor Uranus: Haruka Tenoh (JP), Amara Tenoh (dub)
-Sailor Neptune: Michiru Kaioh (JP), Michelle Kaioh (dub)
-Sailor Saturn: Hotaru Tomoe (JP), Hotaru Tomoe (dub)
-Tuxedo Mask: Mamoru Chiba (JP), Darien Shields (dub)
-Sailor Mini Moon: Usagi "Chibiusa" Tsukino (JP), Serena "Rini" Tsukino

Bladenic

She does it again in another episode of that very same story arc.

With help from Sailor Venus

Yeah the very next one. Crescent Beam was actually used a lot in tandem with other attacks it seems. Rewatching the show now, I never realized how long it really takes for Minako to come into her own. Up to this point, her only starring episode was the one about her past, and it really doesn't fit with how her personality later develops.

MikeMyers

Personally, Episode 52 is the first real Minako episode for me. I enjoy Episode 42 but it doesn't really feel like a Minako episode to me, given how serious it is compared to the goofy nature of her latter ones.

jwk94

is anyone familiar with the musicals? I've been updating the opening post and I realize I still need a write-up for that.

Yeah, you'll notice PGSM Usagi is even more naive than Anime Usagi. As for Mio, yeah I kind of had that reaction too, but it is possible that it is natural too, so I didn't want to be a dick about it.

The DVD and Blurays will come with the original Japanese version and a brand new dub that has nothing to do with the DiC dub, so don't expect anything from that dub to be here. Representatives of Viz Media did mention that their new voice actors have had to sing, but from what I saw on Hulu, the opening theme is still in Japanese. The names are Usagi (Sailor Moon), Ami (Sailor Mercury), Rei (Sailor Mars), Makoto (Sailor Jupiter), Minako (Sailor Venus), and Mamoru (Tuxedo Mask). I'm not familiar with the DiC dub much, so I don't know what names were changed. Usagi's two pals are called Naru and Umino, while Mamoru's buddy is Motoki. The cats are Luna and Artemis.
No!!!! But the songs and names were kinda the best parts =/. Sigh, oh well. What did you mean by what you saw on Hulu? Also, thanks everyone.

Syrinx

I love how they just left Hotaru as is.

MikeMyers

Hulu has the entire first season of the anime available to watch legally. They briefly put the new dub on there, but it isn't there anymore.

EDIT: Directed at jwk94's question.

Bladenic

Wonder if they'll continue putting the dub ahead of the physical releases for a limited time, I really want to hear Makoto and Minako.

Top Bottom