• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

Graham starting off claiming the Republicans could be the next target sounds so fake and hollow. I wonder why the heavily orchestrated attack didn't occur against them this time?...

I remember hearing that they also hacked the Republicans, they just didn't release it. Anyone unsympathetic to the Kremlin could be a target.

rambis

Banned
ALL THIS IS POLITICAL If you think anything is going to come out of these bullshit hearings you're going to be very disappointed

Every word coming out of these Senators mouths can be easily predicted based on the D or R next to their name

You are the most obvious Trump shill here lol. Its always fun watching you guys sweat.

If it's nothing why is Trump sweating and deflecting?
I never said it was nothing. I think it's going to be substantial. I just don't think it's going to be something that will lead to immediate impeachment proceedings like some seem to be hoping for.

If they tried to get the hearing canceled, which would result in terrible fallout, they are afraid of worse fallout when she does testify.
Yeah I think this is going to contradict a lot of what Trump said.

This is testimony. She's not going to say "and I've got the email from Donald Trump to Vladimir Putin right here" and whip out a printed copy, and no one is expecting that. Her swearing before Congress that the White House is lying would be huge.
Yes, that would be significant. Sadly, it's just another instance of Trump blatantly lying.

Arttemis

Is he wrong? You don't think they'd hack a candidate like Mitt Romney, for instance? Trump's views on Russia are in stark contrast to traditional neoconservatism.

Their strategy doesn't exist in a vacuum. They front a candidate or cause to push their agenda. Trump's volatility in US, Brexit's xenophobic and isolationist causes in UK, and Le Pen in France.

His words are hollow because he's acting ignorantly to the fact that the benefactor of Russia's attacks is the President, who is exactly the kind of disruptor that Putin wants.

You are the most obvious Trump shill here lol. Its always fun watching you guys sweat.

He's not wrong, the questions the senators will ask or the things they will say (like in these opening statements) are going to be party lines.

However, the people who testify could give actual juicy information.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Clapper had no idea about the fbi investigation

Given its sensitivity, even the existence of a counterintelligence investigation is closely
held, including at the highest levels. During my tenure as DNI, it was my practice to defer to the FBI Director – both Director Mueller and Director Comey – on whether, when, and to what extent they would inform me about such investigations. This stems from the unique position of the FBI, which straddles both intelligence and law enforcement. As a consequence, I was not aware of the counterintelligence investigation Director Comey first referred to during his testimony before the House intelligence committee on March 20th, and that comports with my public statements.

https://www.lgraham.senate.gov/publ...orable-james-r.-clapper---opening-remarks.pdf

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ya, PLus this one is Heavy on the information, unlike the previous hearings i've watched.

Also the speaker has a great voice.

having this strange auditory flashback to the old Dragnet show. This guy is speaking like a straight up FBI Agent/Police Detective.

latest

Holy shit, that was masterful. The 18 hours gap he's referring to is the gap between US embassy attacked in Benghazi and President Obama calling it a terrorist act.

Please elaborate. Why are they "bullshit hearings"?

I was referring to Republican senator (I think it was Lindsay Graham) mentioning the bullshit leak narrative that the White House is also pushing, these senators are just falling in line completely with the talking points of the party

of course it is incorrectly assumed I was somehow backing Trump

rambis

Banned
He's not wrong, the questions the senators will ask or the things they will say (like in these opening statements) are going to be party lines.

However, the people who testify could give actual juicy information.

Graham has already proven him wrong basically, calling Trump an idiot if he is still trying to say that nothing happened. Remove your bias and let the people talk, the last Senate hearing was very informative from both "sides".

Just wanna say thanks to everyone posting updates and transcripts since I can't watch while I'm at work. Even if we don't get any bombshells so to speak it's still super interesting how this seems to be making certain people sweat o:

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
"y'all really bringin me up here for this bullshit?" is what this dude sounds like

flkraven

Just wanna say thanks to everyone posting updates and transcripts since I can't watch while I'm at work. Even if we don't get any bombshells so to speak it's still super interesting how this seems to be making certain people sweat o:

Same. Was live streaming on my phone but the boss is here now, so I will need frequent updates!

I was referring to Republican senator (I think it was Lindsay Graham mentioning the bullshit leak narrative that the White House is also pushing, these senators are just falling in line completely with the talking points of the party

of course it is incorrectly assumed I was somehow backing Trump

It's weird how that assumption follows you around.

Vuapol

Holy shit, that was masterful. The 18 hours gap he's referring to is the gap between US embassy attacked in Benghazi and President Obama calling it a terrorist act.

Actually he was referencing the missing 18 minutes in Nixon's Watergate tapes.

Top Bottom