• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

I was referring to Republican senator (I think it was Lindsay Graham mentioning the bullshit leak narrative that the White House is also pushing, these senators are just falling in line completely with the talking points of the party

of course it is incorrectly assumed I was somehow backing Trump

A republican spewing bullshit makes the entire hearing bullshit?

Am I the only one that feels like it'll get to the point where a WH official or Nunes will stop these hearings by pulling a fire alarm in the hallway and running to the restroom or something?

RG0BS1U.gif

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Clapper notes the IC assessment of Russian intervention in 2016 conducted by CIA, NSA, and FBI. Not all 17 agencies in IC

Am I the only one that feels like it'll get to the point where a WH official or Nunes will stop these hearings by pulling a fire alarm in the hallway and running to the restroom or something?

Nunes can't do shit and they tried to get this pushed back. .

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Clapper says the Russians used aggressive cyber attacks on both the GOP and Democratic parties but only released documents from Democrats.

Chumly

Just wanna say thanks to everyone posting updates and transcripts since I can't watch while I'm at work. Even if we don't get any bombshells so to speak it's still super interesting how this seems to be making certain people sweat o:
I just wanted to post as well that I appreciate detailed recounts of the testimony. I'm just refreshing at work and can't watch live

What happened? Sorry couldn't watch the stream
Sen. Whitehouse a huge ruckus was made about the 18 hours gap re: Benghazi, but the 18 day gap between Yates informing the admin and Flynn being fired is even more egregious, stinging the Republicans a little.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Clapper has started talking, discussing IC efforts.

He's largely describing what communications look like (redacted identities), request process, reviews over time, leaks and so forth. He is probably setting the stage for what happened here.

rambis

Banned
Clapper says the Russians used aggressive cyber attacks on both the GOP and Democratic parties but only released documents from Democrats.
Right, we've known this from very early on.

Yes, especially when it's the Republicans who are in charge of these committees, it's all political

Im as anti-right as anyone can reasonably be and this is such dismissive bullshit. There hasn't really been any reason to question the integrity of the Senate investigation.

Sen. Whitehouse a huge ruckus was made about the 18 hours gap re: Benghazi, but the 18 day gap between Yates informing the admin and Flynn being fired is even more egregious, stinging the Republicans a little.

He said 18 minutes not 18 hours. It was a reference to the missing 18 minutes of Nixon's tapes regarding Watergate.

So...Clapper just said that Comey committed perjury right? Did I hear that right?

What? No I don't think you did.

I believe he was speaking to his own earlier comments about not having seen evidence of collusion, at a time when he was unaware of the FBI's investigation into that very matter. Unless I'm very confused.

Top Bottom