• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live – Season 40 |OT| 1975-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Prob

Banned
Anybody else think Dakota Johnson would be good in an awkward comedy situation?

Maybe. She has good timing and a specific energy but SNL didn't really seem interested in doing her any favors. Feel like tonight wasn't her fault; hope she doesn't catch a ton of shit as the whole thing was just flat.

Laughed at the Worf death scream and I stand by that laugh!

FredX72

Really do not understand the hate on here. I legitimately laughed at most of the sketches and thought it was one of the better episodes in a while. The ISIS thing was hilarious.

I'll grant the ISIS Sketch. In fact, most of the stuff they film outside the studio is good. It's the stage stuff that falls so flat for me.

Aaron

90% of their jokes this season are 'funking up' whatever. Like making Ginsberg say biiach and the like. While half the current cast are not funny at all. Weekend Update actually seemed good this week because everything else was so bad by comparison.

megamerican

Beyond the the terrorist taped bit it was pretty abysmal. The Vulcan doctor could have worked but the audience non reaction killed it.

It's scary to think of how predominantly young this cast is. Means they might stick around for awhile :/. I still don't get why they took Mike O Brien off the cast. He added some welcome offbeat stuff.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Chris Hemsworth is extraordinarily uncharismatic.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
That chicken was a better actor than most Hollywood stars

vatstep

Hemsworth has been in every skit so far (not including the cold open). That's more than some hosts do in an entire show.

Prompto

Banned
That was probably the best weekend update with the new anchors that I've seen. Not that it's saying much but still.

vatstep

A wild Chris Cornell appears

vatstep

Perfect ending.

Good episode!

GQman2121

Banned
Shockingly good episode. And I'm happy to see that the Weekend Update duo have come good since the New Year. They're hitting their stride and bouncing off each other well.

Well, in sad news, I've estimated that it will take me about $13 million dollars in plastic surgery to look like Chris Hemsworth.

Great episode, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom