• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live – Season 40 |OT| 1975-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Second week in a row that the show has ended early compared to when it normally would. Straining to fill 90 minutes. The "mining the archives for unused material" may be a legitimate theory.

megamerican

The jay z bit was really good but didn't it feature two dudes not even on the show anymore? lol

Yeah I'm not sure why they didn't keep O'Brien on as a featured, he had quite a few of those taped bits and they seemed to go over pretty well.

Seemed like a pretty halfhearted attempt. JK Simmons was really good with fairly limited material though. Maybe it's because this was the third week in a row with new episodes, but this screamed phoned in to me.

So we're getting holograms next week?

16468292271_4652b94e9e.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Oh I thought the 40th anniversary special was going to be new content
That's not the 40th special; that's on Sunday the 15th.

The Carlin episode is presumably next week's SNL Classic episode, which airs on NBC at 10. Tonight's was Patrick Swayze from 1990, featuring the Chippendales skit — fucking classic.

B.K.

The Carlin episode is presumably next week's SNL Classic episode, which airs on NBC at 10. Tonight's was Patrick Swayze from 1990, featuring the Chippendales skit — fucking classic.

Speaking of old episodes, does NBC stream them anywhere? I'd like to watch older episodes from the 80s and 90s that I've never seen. It's too bad the DVDs of the first few seasons sold so badly.

Speaking of old episodes, does NBC stream them anywhere? I'd like to watch older episodes from the 80s and 90s that I've never seen. It's too bad the DVDs of the first few seasons sold so badly.
Yahoo Screen has the entire sketch library I think.
That's about it.

vatstep

Now that SNL40 is behind us, let's get back to some modern era suck.

Dakota Johnson will be terrible, I'm sure.

vatstep

Uhh, nice try I guess, but that was bad.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
This is wretched. Never seen Dakota Johnson act before (refuse to watch 50 Flops of Trash) and after this 20 minutes, I don't ever want to again. Cringe

I'm gonna go watch the newest episodes of Cougar Town I haven't seen yet instead

vatstep

Riblet was only half funny once guys.
I'm done.
Yeah, I sort of can't believe they brought him back (but not really). Even in the tradition of Weekend Update characters, he's extremely one-note.

Derpyduck

Banned
Riblet is better than both those other two guys who are so inconsequential that I can't even remember their names. Maybe if they were named after delicious meats, I'd remember them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom