• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live - Season 42 |OT| Kenan's Still Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

That was a weird finale. Did Margot show everyone her boobs prior to coming back from break?

Everyone looked shook.

dcelw540

That was okay but I feel Saturday night live is kinda an unbalanced show. Some skits are funny but super short and some are way to long. Also as a Canadian having a lot of the stories revolve around politics can be a bit overwhelming since I don't keep up to date on it. Also surprised no harley quinn skit, overall It was okay but I wish this show was longer or even less commercial breaks.
Sorry that's my little rant. :)

Why does my NBC guide showed a one hour SNL time slot at 10/9c and then at 11:30/10:30c another SNL but this one for 90 minutes? What did I miss? Which is which? Why were there two?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Kate McKinnon is so adorable. <3

The cold open was decent. Was expecting it to be a lot better though.

That was okay but I feel Saturday night live is kinda an unbalanced show. Some skits are funny but super short and some are way to long. Also as a Canadian having a lot of the stories revolve around politics can be a bit overwhelming since I don't keep up to date on it. Also surprised no harley quinn skit, overall It was okay but I wish this show was longer or even less commercial breaks.

Since Jay and Taran are gone, no suicide squad sketches. They would've easily had been the joker and deadshot in a sketch.

That was a phenomenal episode. The Librarian was a classic before it even finished. Very excited about the new head writer team after this.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Didn't get a chance to watch last night but saw the cold open on YouTube. Out of all the Trump impressions over the past year I think Alec Baldwin did the best one last night. Uncanny.

OK I have watched 3 clips from last night and holy cow they were killing it hahahaha Kate Mackinnon is the best, Baldwin killed it as trump had me in tears

That was a phenomenal episode. The Librarian was a classic before it even finished. Very excited about the new head writer team after this.

The new cast members seem promising too. The guy who played co-anchor in the sinkhole sketch played a great straight man.

And I was impressed by Margot; she can do funny.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think my favorite gag was The Weeknd Update where it just cut to The Weeknd and he said "I got a haircut."

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Pete Davidson was born to play Elliot in a Mr. Robot parody sketch. When he popped up in the black hoodie I was like "of course!"

And Leslie moving him away from the edge of the screen was cathartic as fuck lol

It was definitely a big improvement from any of last season's episodes. Let's see how long they can keep it up.

That Hunch Bunch sketch was pretty surprising. Called someone a pussy and dropped in a cumming joke. I didn't watch it live, but that seemed early in show still.

I like how Leslie went all in on her hack. That old laptop made me chuckle.

Surprised I haven't seen this thread bumped. The anticipation for tonight's episode seems huge. It's rare that SNL has the ability to deliver commentary on a huge story (and one as ripe for parody as this) so close to the origin point. Baldwin has been a solid Trump so far, but tonight could be legendary.

Aeana

I'd be excited for this episode even without the potential for commentary since Lin-Manuel Miranda is hosting. Even the promos for this week were hilarious.

hokahey

Welcome to 40 years of SNL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom