• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live - Season 42 |OT| Kenan's Still Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy Fallon is still so bad. How is it so hard to read cue cards? Tina Fey not doing a Palin reprisal during election time is a waste.

mreddie

giphy.gif

BJK

...and you know they gave Fallon hoagies just so that he'd have a mnemonic for the accent he couldn't stop butchering.

whitehawk

Banned
Cold opening was awesome, host part was awesome, high school play clip was awesome, day off clip was awesome, first half of weekend update was awesome.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Whoa, that white dude doing that musical number in the beginning has some major skill.

big ander

Oof on this ep. Pretty good cold open followed by trash. Monologue was standard and boring ("My Shot" is the only song I've heard from the show and I thought it was annoying then, this didn't really change that and I'm pretty sure Hamilton is just not for me). almost zero live sketches came together: teacher was a dud, wells fargo a dud, campfire a dud. the Stranger Things one wasn't a complete dud because Kenan and Leslie were funny but it's a really basic principle that no sketch should be 75% simple references to a thing.

even Weekend Update, after starting great, ended so weak because of Fallon and Fey. Fallon was more obviously awful but Fey didn't fare so hot either—couldn't we have less of past cast members coming back every freaking week? Maybe that would allow new cast members to actually build an identity? I get that all Fallon has to do with himself is every once in a while play like connect four but with funny hats on or something in between getting loaded but that doesn't mean he should be welcomed onto SNL just to cure his boredom. Let him be bad on his own show.

Oh and Twenty One Pilots shouldn't be allowed. how does white guy reggae/rock-rap exist in the year two thousand and sixteen. no.

Exceptions: all the pre-taped stuff was excellent. Crucible cast party was catchy and fun, Kellyanne's day off was hysterical with McKinnon at the top of her game, Diego Calls His Mom was weird and weirdly sweet, another good Melania moment. Also liked the last sketch, Pete killed it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So good. The cold opens so far have been pure gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom