• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Strimei

Yeah, that's the only reason I didn't tag it. Seemed like something that could be assumed, like "I can't wait for them to get to the house."

But I've been watching a lot of different LP's and I've noticed that events seem to be happening differently from my playthrough, like
I don't remember the leg thing happening in mine. I just hopped down the hatch and he never caught me
. Or
the Mia fight. She was chainsawing through walls and everything in my playthrough but Pat managed to beat her in that one hallway.
This game clearly had more variation than I thought it did.

Its pretty impressive some of the variations. I remember seeing in the Giant Bomb quicklook
Jack fucking just walks through/demolishes a wall at one point to follow Dan Ryckert in the main house near the first save room
, but I hadn't seen that in others.

They really thought stuff out for "what if they're taking ages to get where they need to go?" or getting caught at specific moments and whatnot.

zeemumu

Its pretty impressive some of the variations. I remember seeing in the Giant Bomb quicklook
Jack fucking just walks through/demolishes a wall at one point to follow Dan Ryckert in the main house near the first save room
, but I hadn't seen that in others.

They really thought stuff out for "what if they're taking ages to get where they need to go?" or getting caught at specific moments and whatnot.

The thing about that Mia fight is that she knew that I'd back myself into a wall to get a clear shot at her from the other end of the room so she came in through the wall behind me because it connected to one of the other rooms without walking straight through the door
. Scared the crap out of me.

I heard Liam say on a different podcast that he misses the SBF podcast so based on that I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a lot of guest appearances on it in the future. Would certainly make me happy.

Fat4all

Banned
I'd be 100% OK with Liam doing his own thing and occasionally showing up on the podcast.

I need him to pour honey into my ears every now and again.

I'd like to see Liam be a guest on Pat's stream, always loved their LP's and they seemed to be one of the better team ups.

Also if there's ever another saltybet fisticuffs it'd be awesome if he could join them.

zeemumu

Met Matt and Leana at Frank and Sons. They were really nice and I think I kept my cool on the outside but internally I was a nervous wreck.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Man, i live basically on the border of Canada and in the same time zone as these losers so they must be close but I will never see them in my life and its kind of a bummer. Not that I blame them, no one ever wants to come to Maine :/

Man, i live basically on the border of Canada and in the same time zone as these losers so they must be close but I will never see them in my life and its kind of a bummer. Not that I blame them, no one ever wants to come to Maine :/

Maine: Great to drive through.

I have met some crazy people from your state let me tell you.

zeemumu

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the last parts of the zones blocked by orange fog gates until you
retrieve the lordvessel?

FlowersisBritish

I'm from Southeast Missouri, define "Crazy"

CUZ I have a whole region filled with crazy motherfuckers that I was born in

Eh, why can't we both be crazy places together? Hand in hand with methlabs all over the states? In actuality, Maine is kind of notorious for being pretty nice for the most part. Also protip to any avid off topic people, in about ten years everyone is going to be talking about Maine because they'll be like "Why is Maine's economy suddenly collapsed?" Answer: Because everyone died of old age!

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the last parts of the zones blocked by orange fog gates until you
retrieve the lordvessel?

Yep, that fucked me up on my first playthrough because I went down through the worst of it (
Tomb of the Giants
) and boy was it tough. But no, the real tough part was climbing my way back up.

Kay, but in truth, I super miss this forwards then backwards mode of transportation. Its a damn shame its only in DS1. Traveling via walking is the best in fantasy worlds. Might try a 'no teleporting' run in Bloodborne or something with some rules. Like 'first lamp you light in an area is your hub bonfire and you can only teleport to that!' kind of dumb restriction or something. Also note: I am the kind of person who plays BB without a hud on because I've played it so much that I need weird restrictions to freshen it up.

FlowersisBritish

Oh yeah, he and Woolie(?) were art majors in college. Pat Psychology. And Liam I dunno. Game Design? Japanese studies? Cooking? Anyway, Matt drew the original shitty 2bfp opening.

Kinda surprised at how cool that deviant art stuff is actually, I'm a little jealous. Wonder if he keeps up with art?

Archgan

Oh yeah, he and Woolie(?) were art majors in college. Pat Psychology. And Liam I dunno. Game Design? Japanese studies? Cooking? Anyway, Matt drew the original shitty 2bfp opening.

Kinda surprised at how cool that deviant art stuff is actually, I'm a little jealous. Wonder if he keeps up with art?
I think he's mentioned before that he doesn't really draw anymore.

BenjiGAF

Almost had a meltdown when it wasn't RE7 part 3 tonight

That L.P. (and of course the game itself) is some gripping shit. Need moar.

I like Woolie's version of the Dark Souls lore where the rats and slimes were like, "Yo, fuck Blighttown tho" and built the door.

And the Gaping Dragon was obviously on board. They gave him the key and he was like, "Yeah no, those guys down there are dickbags, I'm eating this shit straight up."

If they do Isaac again, they should get someone on who knows all this stuff just off the top of their head, so they can explain to Woolie what's going on and very quickly answer the questions before he goes and does something stupid. Or maybe someone who does a run of the game and explains things as they run into them.

Fat4all

Banned
Hey, they played Yakuza 0 for machinima. Also newish intro.

NOOOOOOOOOO

5Ro99ZB.gif

WHY WHYYY

NO LP, NO LIAM, ALL DAVID CAGE

Fancolors

If they do Isaac again, they should get someone on who knows all this stuff just off the top of their head, so they can explain to Woolie what's going on and very quickly answer the questions before he goes and does something stupid. Or maybe someone who does a run of the game and explains things as they run into them.

They should try calling Norththernlion to participate on a stream. Dude recorded a podcast with Slowbeef and he worked nicely as a guest.

So is there a guide for the "big boyz big poise" build that Woolie is going for? Kinda interested in replicating it for a fresh run of Dark Souls.
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls
This is a really full featured character builder, and how you'd max poise is:
  • You add all your stats and pick the best starting class for the stat spread
  • Decide on weapons you wanna use, and rings
  • Then there's the little tab on the left that says Armor optimizer. You pick the roll class you want, select Max poise, and hit the button-- and then it finds the optimal set for max poise from everything in the game.
Leveling Endurance past 40 actually isn't bad if you've hardcapped your damage stat and health, btw. It'll get you more poise by increase your max weight even further.

In PvP terms there's poise breakpoints where you can know exactly how much you need to eat attacks from certain weapons, but I assume that's not your focus.

Top Bottom