• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Altairre

That RE7 intro is really strong and I'm looking forward to the rest of this playthrough. I've also been digging all the quicklooks they've been doing recently. The diversity is definitely helping. Overall I've been watching more videos than I have for quite a while.

Edzi

That RE7 intro is really strong and I'm looking forward to the rest of this playthrough. I've also been digging all the quicklooks they've been doing recently. The diversity is definitely helping. Overall I've been watching more videos than I have for quite a while.

I hope the trend of one offs continues. I can't dedicate enough time to keep up with most full LPs anymore, and on top of that I won't be watching any LPs of new games I want to play through myself (like RE7).

I hope the trend of one offs continues. I can't dedicate enough time to keep up with most full LPs anymore, and on top of that I won't be watching any LPs of new games I want to play through myself (like RE7).

Sounds like they're going to keep it up or give a second-off to some of the ones they've done, according to the podcast.

Lord Phol

Yeah yeah yeah another RE playthrough with the classic duo friends! This is going to be awesome!

Agreed, I was uncertain how things would play out with just Woolie and Pat but they've kept the quality going for sure.

Think it's a bit of a bummer that they aren't playing RE7 in VR as everyone else in the impressions thread has been singing it's praises. But I guess Pat gave it a go and it put him off, so his decision. Still a shame imo. I bet it's just because he didn't want to further expose his cowardice.

"They get the fake maple syrup."
"That we sell them!"
"They can't tell the difference!"
"We take corn syrup and call it maple syrup and we sell it!"
"Ahhaha we got you!"

I'm fucking dying. This Parasite Eve II playthrough.

"They get the fake maple syrup."
"That we sell them!"
"They can't tell the difference!"
"We take corn syrup and call it maple syrup and we sell it!"
"Ahhaha we got you!"

I'm fucking dying. This Parasite Eve II playthrough.

I never thought I'd be so delighted to know why having your arm torn off is less likely to kill you than a little cut to your artery

Also can I say that PEII has fucking amazing lighting during the night sequence (for a PS1 game)?

Man I'm such a huge baby. I keep turning on the RE7 LP and after a few minutes switching to something else.

Its great to hear Matt again, and I love we wasted no time throwing shade on Woolie

zeemumu

I honestly didn't know that you could
lose your leg
in that part of RE7. I usually managed to evade long enough to sneak back and open the hatch.

Some of those death animations from RE7 are really gruesome.

Like how much research went into those death animations? because that's all fucked up man.

Can't wait till they get the shotty lol

Dekutulla

Man I'm such a huge baby. I keep turning on the RE7 LP and after a few minutes switching to something else.

Its great to hear Matt again, and I love we wasted no time throwing shade on Woolie

I feel you, man. I loved the other RE LP's, but RE7 being first person horror + jumpscares just makes it hard to watch for me. Usually I wait for some redditor to post a list of timestamps because I'm a big baby :v

i didnt know you could just straight up eat herbs in RE7 without turning them into medkits, but i never had the need for that.

also didnt know you could open those little lockbox things that had the lockpick in it lolwoops

Altairre

Yo that
leg
scene in the second RE7 episode. The fact that you can apparently miss it makes it even better. Good job Capcom, I was expecting a cashgrab off of stuff like P.T. but it totally isn't. I'm almost ashamed of my words and deeds.

Edzi

Don't worry, we won't spoil anything that they either haven't covered or isn't obvious.

Spoiling stuff they've played is still spoiling, you can't expect everyone here to be following all their LPs. LP/episode specific discussions should either be on Reddit threads or in spoiler tags.

zeemumu

Spoiling stuff they've played is still spoiling, you can't expect everyone here to be following all their LPs. LP/episode specific discussions should either be on Reddit threads or in spoiler tags.

I did spoiler tag the thing from the episode.

Oh please, I absolutely will assume that people in the SBF thread would be consuming SBF content. If you really want to go radio silent on RE7, you should stay away where people might be talking about it.

Or buy the game and play it.

Edzi

Oh please, I absolutely will assume that people in the SBF thread would be consuming SBF content. If you really want to go radio silent on RE7, you should stay away where people might be talking about it.

Or buy the game and play it.

Umm, I'm specifically talking about game spoilers. If your really think that's okay, then yeah, maybe it is time to vacate the thread.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I mean, I think as a general rule, we all keep up to date on stuff we care about and don't really need spoilers. But at the same time, stuff like RE7 doesn't come out everyday and its understandable a user would want specifically try to avoid spoilers. Edzi asked us to be careful of spoilers, won't kill anyone to use spoiler tags for RE7 stuff for a bit.

That SBFP play Mr. Shifty is absolutely awesome

Imagine Hotline Miami +modern day setting +the ability to shift from one spot to another spot+ heist?

Whatever, I spot a indie GOTY contender in the making

Strimei

I mean, I think as a general rule, we all keep up to date on stuff we care about and don't really need spoilers. But at the same time, stuff like RE7 doesn't come out everyday and its understandable a user would want specifically try to avoid spoilers. Edzi asked us to be careful of spoilers, won't kill anyone to use spoiler tags for RE7 stuff for a bit.

That's fair, I'm just curious if the part about Jack was part of this spoiler conversation, since I feel that's one of those "yeah I guess its a spoiler but its blatantly obvious its a fight" type spoilers and doesn't count, at least to me.

That said, people do sometimes have a tendency to go "I can't wait for them to fight xyz" and spoil more things that way, which is annoying.

zeemumu

Does that even count as a spoiler?

I mean, that's like saying "I can't wait for them to fight Ganon" in a Zelda game or something.

Yeah, that's the only reason I didn't tag it. Seemed like something that could be assumed, like "I can't wait for them to get to the house."

But I've been watching a lot of different LP's and I've noticed that events seem to be happening differently from my playthrough, like
I don't remember the leg thing happening in mine. I just hopped down the hatch and he never caught me
. Or
the Mia fight. She was chainsawing through walls and everything in my playthrough but Pat managed to beat her in that one hallway.
This game clearly had more variation than I thought it did.

Top Bottom