• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

So because of the Handshakers mention on the podcast the mrs and I decided to check it out. Holy fuck it is amazingly terrible beyond what they talked about. Like, you seriously have to watch at least the first episode. Everything is so goofily proportioned and these weird camera pans including all angles of the characters in a shot as if to show off the amount of money they have... And these shitty 3D chains that have way too much animation put into them. It's so dumb.

The first episode's pace is incredibly different from the second episode, it almost feels like two different animes.

Meffer

At first I was like, "How could it have been Woolie's opinion that upset him and not Pat's?"

And then I realized you can't actually argue with Pat's contention on this. Gon looks like a fucking dumb baby.
It makes his character and growth all the better especially when you get to the Chimera Ant arc when you start to notice something is not quite right with Gon.

Strimei

It's good. I'd advise you to play it unspoiled

It's one of those games where the less you know the better

Eh, I'm interested in it but not to the level to play, at least right now. Money is a bit tight for me and I have to pick and choose which games to get for the next few months, and RE7, while interesting, isn't one of them (Nier Automata, Yakuza 0, P5 are my choices). I'm happy to watch it and then play it myself later when I can get it for cheaper.

Hearing them talk about Nioh trial on the podcast, I didn't realise Pat was so bad at video games now. Eh, I guess I'm a crazy who loved the difficulty of the Alpha.

Waiting on the Yakuza 0 one off Pat. Do it.

It's not that he's bad, but more so that he and many others tried to Play Nioh like a Souls game and doing so will get your ass handed to you.

Anung

Un Rama
You and me both.

Yakuza is a perfect series of games to LP, they are so overboard nuts crazy and radical as hell.

Lot of text reading and down time between certain missions and extra stuff. I think it'd be LP poison personally. Plus Yakuza 4 was one of their lowest viewing figures LP wise. Rather they just do a one-off to give the game some exposure and some streams.

Strimei

It's not that he's bad, but more so that he and many others tried to Play Nioh like a Souls game and doing so will get your ass handed to you.

Yup, went in thinking "so I hear this is Souls-like" and I got bodied hard.

Still didn't get that ki pulse ability though.

edit: I like that Woolie mentions the "stupid question" about pyromancy.

Can't wait until he meets Alvina.

veBvUyv.jpg

hupla

The suspense on wether or not woolie will be invaded by Kirk is killing me!!! Pretty sure it won't happen at this point but there is still a bit of hope

Strimei

The suspense on wether or not woolie will be invaded by Kirk is killing me!!! Pretty sure it won't happen at this point but there is still a bit of hope

I think Pat has totally forgotten about it, though since Woolie backed down from the Gaping Dragon for the moment, there's still hope.

The hunter X hunter conversation on the latest podcast is actually killing me how can people be so wrong about '99 I'm not even a die hard purist but this is just aggravating

Strimei

The hunter X hunter conversation on the latest podcast is actually killing me how can people be so wrong about '99 I'm not even a die hard purist but this is just aggravating

How are they wrong about the '99 series? I've heard nothing but "stay away from that".

(Also I have yet to really see what is great about the show. Its not bad but...eh. (I'm watching on Adult Swim))

edit: I still hold out hope they do RE6 at some point. I want to see them suffer again.

How are they wrong about the '99 series? I've heard nothing but "stay away from that".

(Also I have yet to really see what is great about the show. Its not bad but...eh. (I'm watching on Adult Swim))

edit: I still hold out hope they do RE6 at some point. I want to see them suffer again.

Woolie saying the direction or animation is flat is just wrong. Its a far less flashy show but overall I think it's better made. It certainly suffers from not being HD.

There's nothing wrong with the pace either. The opening episodes in '99 are so much better.

People should just read the manga anyway.

Strimei

Woolie saying the direction or animation is flat is just wrong. Its a far less flashy show but overall I think it's better made. It certainly suffers from not being HD.

There's nothing wrong with the pace either. The opening episodes in '99 are so much better.

Ah gotcha.

RE7: Matt does sound kind of out of it, still. But he says he's rusty so maybe that is it. edit: He's getting more into it as time goes on so yeah just warming up.

"Don't worry Matt, we're only playing the most important game of the year and maybe our careers!"

Man this game is way too spooky for me, I'm glad they're LPing it.

I really don't get your complaints. They're right, it looks like way too much money was thrown at it.

Budget doesn't mean anything. Hand Shakers looks like shit because its GoHands, who have made previously shitting looking anime like K. Because they are using an abominable mishmash of 20 different techniques - hand-drawn animation, absurd camera movement and usage, 3DCG backgrounds and character models, all that stuff. None of that cost more money.

Budget is the go to word people use for anime when they don't actually know anything about production. What matters 1,000x more then budget is talent and a good production schedule, just look at KyoAni.

They're just describing what it looks like dude, also I'm pretty sure they were very clear that it is a bad anime there. Pat and Woolie hadn't even heard of it before.

Moaradin

The early stuff is better sure, but Woolie isn't gonna get to the parts of HxH he might like with that pacing. The sooner he can get to Yorknew the better.

2011 anime is still overall better, and I'd definitely recommend any newcomers to the series to watch that over the 99 series or reading the manga. You'll get a pretty satisfying ending that way at least.

Anung

Un Rama
Wow, that RE opening is fantastic!

Ahhh good old Matt. Game says "Dulvey, Dulvey Louisiana". 10 seconds later Matt says "So where does this game take place? I guess the game doesn't tell you."

The closing animation is crazy good too.

Good to have Matt back though at least for variety. I wonder if he'll like the enemies in this considering most of them shit talk pretty hard.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Good to have Matt back though at least for variety. I wonder if he'll like the enemies in this considering most of them shit talk pretty hard.

The thing Matt did that made me realize how much I missed him immensely was calling that dude Lynch. Matt's ability to pull out references with shocking accuracy is kind of mind boggling honestly.

Archgan

Top Bottom