• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEA announces Limited Edition Gran Turismo PSP Entertainment Pack

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Tiktaalik said:
Yeah I'm really confused. Hey SCEA I already have a PSP 1000 and I'm not upgrading. I would consider buying a PSPGo but you're not giving me any reason to.

wtf???????

How about you just buy games? They don't really care. Buy the games. GAMES GAMES GAMES!

Oni Jazar said:
That's kind of what I'm saying, they didn't really have a choice and a $250 PSP Go was the best deal they could come up with for retailer's sake.

What makes you think that I didn't know what you meant?!

I apologize man. I'd had a rough day. Didn't mean to be a jerk.

beast786

This is exactly what they did with God of War 2.

Using the Install base of PS2 instead of injecting it into Upcoming PS3.

Either way GT PSP is mine

Jim said:
It's different silver with a different finish actually.
I love the Mystic Silver 3000 finish, it's so smooth and fingerprint free. My fav PSP color.

O rly? Silver is also my favorite PSP color, might have to check this out after all. A new silver variant would actually be preferable to black, blue or something else.

deepbrown

Jim said:
For 10 days only.
Well whoever gets it free during that 10 days has it free forever. You're making it sound like they only have it free for 10 days, then they either have to pay or it's locked. lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
beast786 said:
This is exactly what they did with God of War 2.

Using the Install base of PS2 instead of injecting it into Upcoming PS3.

Either way GT PSP is mine

Uh, completely different. PSP Go is still the same platform as the PSP...

All that goodies for $199?!?!
goddam

I'm still getting a PSP Go over a 3000. But after seeing deals like this, I'll have to hold off the Go until price drop/bundle :(

beast786

Kintaro said:
Uh, completely different. PSP Go is still the same platform as the PSP...

Its the same platform but idea to use a AAA title to either promote a new hardware or make money off the already bigger install base. In both case they picked the install base and not promote a new brand/product/platform etc etc

What the...

Rock Band "Lite" (the PSPGo pack in) is a freaking insult at this point. Not only is it pathetic, but it also confirms that PSN will never get the real game. No Dissidia, no Rockband, heck there isn't even a single EA umd on the store right now. Meanwhile the 3000 is getting pack ins left and right

And people in the Go hype thread are talking about 300 ums by launch on PSN, theres 48 now:lol

I don't know which SCEA head the Gamestop CEO has pictures of but those pictures must have some really messed up shit in them (why are they the one thing Sony can't leak!)

And I wanted a Go too :( I need a new MP3 player and my 2000 is just too freaking big. Zune HD here is come!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I still can't believe Gran Turismo PSP is real. :lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
gerg said:
Historically its LTD is certainly respectable, but selling 120k a month (in America) isn't very good at all.
When you consider it's been a fairly dead platform this whole year (quick, what was the last major PSP game?) I think it'll do much better with a slate of new games. But, we shall see.

I mean, look at what has released for the PSP since March.

http://psp.ign.com/index/reviews.html

That's the very definition of a dead man walkin.'

HamPster PamPster said:
What the...

Rock Band "Lite" (the PSPGo pack in) is a freaking insult at this point. Not only is it pathetic, but it also confirms that PSN will never get the real game.

I don't think so - Rock Band is practically a digital content delivery trojan horse. I'd be shocked if they didn't put it up there.

gerg

chubigans said:
When you consider it's been a fairly dead platform this whole year (quick, what was the last major PSP game?) I think it'll do much better with a slate of new games. But, we shall see.

It depends what those games are. I won't see them driving PSP sales too much if they're not especially different from previous titles. But, as you say, we shall see if and when they're actually released.

PSPGO is only here to make the PSP3000 seem like a great deal.

I've said it since they announced the price point. Sony is testing how much people are willing to pay for a "digital download only" system, in the face of the same product with an optical drive. Testing the waters for the future, I presume.

If you're gonna announce a GT PSP bundle at least make the PSP like this:

white-psp.JPG

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
GamePnoy74 said:
If you're gonna announce a GT PSP bundle at least make the PSP like this:

white-psp.JPG
Indeed. The one time where I wouldn't mind having a big ass logo somewhere on the PSP...GT's logo is just damn classy.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Is anybody seriously going to buy a Go?

They are basically feature identical but the 3000 is heaps cheaper. Add to the fact that used umd games can be found dirt cheap as opposed to the ridiculous prices they are charging on PSN.

Ranger X

Sony is THE DUMB with the PSPgo and I'm actually happy this pack happens here because it will help the PSP GO to die.

The PSPGO will have its worse sales right here in America. WE ARE the continent where it needs to be pushed with Gran Turismo. Europe will buy Gran Turismo regardless and will probably buy more PSP GO anyways. Japan is simply buying more portables so it's not even a worry over there.

Now in America they are removing the only thing that could have been an incentive to buy a PSP Go. Seriously. It's dead now. And that's good.

Tiktaalik said:
Yeah I'm really confused. Hey SCEA I already have a PSP 1000 and I'm not upgrading. I would consider buying a PSPGo but you're not giving me any reason to.

wtf???????

It's been said a bunch of times, but they don't care if psp owners upgrade or not and they don't care whether new customers are buying the 3000 or the GO. They just want you to start buying the games, preferably via PSN.

Also, mystic silver psp >>>>>>>>>>>> piano black finish

Seriously, piano black finish on a console, or a TV or blu ray player is acceptable, but putting it on a portable device is the worst idea ever.

spwolf

Ranger X said:
Now in America they are removing the only thing that could have been an incentive to buy a PSP Go. Seriously. It's dead now. And that's good.

yes, they want you to buy PSP 3000 dont they? Go. Do it.

LiveFromKyoto said:
I don't think so - Rock Band is practically a digital content delivery trojan horse. I'd be shocked if they didn't put it up there.

No, rock band lite comes with 5 songs which pretty much forces you to buy more if you want to keep playing

I don't know how many the real rock band unplugged has (I was waiting to download it, how stupid of me) but I know its more than 5. They'll just throw the lite version up for 2 bucks or something when the Go launches for anyone who doesn't get it as a pack in

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised it GT Portable doesn't actually get a digital version, but instead a "lite" version where you buy more cars

Or how about Dissidia Lite... buy more final fantasy characters! .... well if Ramza gets thrown up there then SOLD:D

Tiktaalik

H_Prestige said:
It's been said a bunch of times, but they don't care if psp owners upgrade or not and they don't care whether new customers are buying the 3000 or the GO. They just want you to start buying the games, preferably via PSN.

Also, mystic silver psp >>>>>>>>>>>> piano black finish

Seriously, piano black finish on a console, or a TV or blu ray player is acceptable, but putting it on a portable device is the worst idea ever.

If that were to make any sense why offer any bundle at all?

Tiktaalik said:
If that were to make any sense why offer any bundle at all?

Well this bundle does cost $30 more than a core psp 3000, so Sony isn't really giving away the game for free. So essentially Sony is just selling GT PSP at a discounted price for a limited time.

Iknos

I plan to pick up a Fanatec wheel early next year...getting this is out of the question. But it's enticing.

Too enticing.

Kittonwy

Banned
Tiktaalik said:

wtf???????

Probably trying to move the old models first.
Indifferent2.gif

borsdy

Banned
I have two phat psp-1000's and the red god of war one, I will also buy this.

edit: i wasn't actually getting gtmobile before this lmao. im weird rite?

borsdy said:
I have two phat psp-1000's and the red god of war one, I will also buy this.

edit: i wasn't actually getting gtmobile before this lmao. im weird rite?

It's funny because some people bought phat psp-1000's because of GT4 mobile.

GQman2121

Banned
$50 more expensive with no free Grand Turismo. So the soul incentive to pick up a Go is now strictly cosmetic.

I didn't think there was anyway they could make that more apparent, but here we are.......

Dizzan

MINI Member
GQman2121 said:
$50 more expensive with no free Grand Turismo. So the soul incentive to pick up a Go is now strictly cosmetic.

I didn't think there was anyway they could make that more apparent, but here we are.......

Don't forget the super important Bluetooth :lol

GQman2121 said:

Cosmetic and more built-in storage, but yeah. If the PSP 3000 wasn't such an unappealing form factor to me, I'd jump over this deal. No doubt this is a good deal for those who want the UMD PSP. It definitely is strange that the PSPgo doesn't come bundled with something more than Rock Band Lite. I'd figure a movie download voucher or a free Minis download. Strange...very strange.

Top Bottom