• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

School Days |OT| (Adult VN, English, Nice Boats) Don't hate the player hate the game

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
y4rhu.png

What is School Days?

School Days is a Japanese visual novel developed by 0verflow, released in Japan in 2005 for PC. It was later ported to the PlayStation 2 and PSP. A Remastered Edition with extra content, called School Days HQ, came out in 2010. The English release of School Days is the HQ Version. The game already has three sequels out in Japan.

The game plays a little bit different from most VN's. Most VN's have you reading text with static images. School Days is presented with fully animated anime cutscenes. During the scenes choices come up like in a normal VN and you can choose which answer you want to give. These choices affect which route you take and can possibly take you to 1 out of 20 endings.

The School Days game has an anime adaption which is particularly infamous among the anime community, and if you find yourself interested in watching it after playing the game or seeing this thread, I recommended posting your reactions to the anime in Anime-GAF. I'm sure they would enjoy it.

Release Date

June 27, 2012

Where can I buy it?

Jast USA is currently the only place selling it. Right now the game is shipped on DVD, but there should be a Digital Download version coming soon.

Warning JAST USA has some adult images elsewhere on their site. The School Days page does not have any adult content on it.

The Game is 100% DRM Free

Story
In School Days you take the role of Makoto, a student at Sakakino Academy. Like any young man you have your eye on the girls around you with thoughts of more than just friendship, and when your classmate Sekai offers to introduce you to that cute girl you see on the train every morning, you can't say no.

Her name is Kotonoha, and she's everything you could ask for in a girlfriend, but when you're about to go on your first date and turn to Sekai to thank her for her matchmaking efforts, she takes her payment in the form of a kiss. Could it be that she has feelings for you too?

Thus one of the most infamous love triangles in anime and eroge history begins, with you guiding Makoto through the perils and pitfalls of romance with Kotonoha, Sekai, and the other heroines of School Days. Will you skillfully maneuver your way to one of the game's more than a dozen happy endings, or will you end up on the road (or boat) to perdition? Experience one of the most memorable tales of the decade in interactive full animation!

The Characters

PFz4G.png

IZBl9.png

ojc3E.png

an49x.png

hKRPN.png

The School Days site does have NSFW images. I checked it out a week back. There were boobs and vaginas in the images.

On another note, I am considering buying this game. I do love a VN.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The School Days site does have NSFW images. I checked it out a week back. There were boobs and vaginas in the images.

On another note, I am considering buying this game. I do love a VN.

There is two different sites for it. You would be mentioning the
schooldays.us
site which I did not link. As far as I know the JAST page I posted has no adult pictures on it.

Well, a golf clap to JAST for having the balls to licence, localise and sell the damn thing for actual money. Still, getting a post in before someone declaring that they're creeped out and other standard issue complaints with regards to otaku stuff.

Soma

Oh man. The other day I was just thinking about starting the anime too.

maybe I should just straight up go with the VN.
yes i'm aware of the whole 'nice boat' deal as well

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Nice boat.

Also MC looks like such a douche, god damn.

So, I can expect a School Day community? Will the Katawa Shoujo community fight for supremacy in the VN realm?

I'd be willing to bet no, because free is infinitely less money than the twenty bucks or whatever JAST is charging for it, especially considering the anime adaptation's free on Crunchyroll.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Is the VN as fucked as the show? If so, I might buy this.
Once I finish My Girlfriend is the President.

No oh no, just as I read the title the nightmares came again.
Someone tricked me saying this was a school comedy, I wanted to watch one at that time because I wanted to cheer up...
Motherfucker.
Fuck this anime, fuck it in the ass.
If you see it you will feel like shit.
So does the game have happy endings or are all "hey ho im going to fuck you up the ass" type of endings like the anime has?

No oh no, the nightmares.
Someone tricked me saying this was a school comedy, I wanted to watch one at that time because I wanted to cheer up...
Motherfucker.
Fuck this anime, fuck it in the ass.
If you see it you will feel like shit.
So does the game have happy endings or are all "hey ho im going to fuck you up the ass" type of endings like the anime has?

I'm pretty sure there are more good endings than there are bad ones. The anime just decided to troll everyone.

RightStuf is also selling both the standard and collector's edition of the game. But it must also be stated that it is under the adult section of the site, so there will be adult content if you search beyond this title.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Is it any good? I don't like shitty V/Ns.

If so, how good?

Is it better than Bible Black?

J/K, Bible Black sucks.

cress2000

RightStuf is also selling both the standard and collector's edition of the game. But it must also be stated that it is under the adult section of the site, so there will be adult content if you search beyond this title.

Yeah, and it's cheaper there. But the tradeoff is that you'll probably be waiting some extras weeks for it to ship. RightStuf tends to get their initial shipments of JAST stuff pretty late for some reason.

Eusis

looks pretty normal from the OP

what's the weird twist
Read how the anime ended. They had to censor part of it for broadcast with footage of kittens and flower fields as I recall. EDIT: Forget reading just watch the above.

Hell, I'm kind of stupefied this is getting an actual release. Not that I can protest increased availability of stuff, plus it sounds like the anime just decided to adapt a bad ending path anyway so I wonder if good ending paths are a bit less fucked.

Yeah, and it's cheaper there. But the tradeoff is that you'll probably be waiting some extras weeks for it to ship. RightStuf tends to get their initial shipments of JAST stuff pretty late for some reason.

I always get my orders quite early as I live in Iowa, but I have not ever pre-ordered VNs. I just wanted it to be known that JAST is not the only place to order the game.

-GJ-

The anime was so fucking weird. It was a 'regular' slice of life drama show, but
in the last episode those girls went batshit crazy

I certainly didn't expect that when I started watching.

zroid

Banned
lol wow, had no idea this was getting an English release. I may just have to check it out.

The anime certainly left an... impression on me.

Top Bottom