• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Schwarzenegger mocks Cali Legislators as "girlie men", some say thats homophobic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/l...7623,print.story?coll=la-headlines-california

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger mocked his opponents in the California Legislature on Saturday as "girlie men," and called upon voters to "terminate" them at the polls in November if they don't pass his $103-billion budget.

Using tough rhetoric that borrowed from his days as a bodybuilder and actor, the governor said state lawmakers are telling "lies" and are "back to their old habits" after a post-recall burst of bipartisan collaboration.

Legislators, he said at a rally in the food court of the Ontario Mills shopping center, are "part of a bureaucracy that is out of shape, that is out of date, that is out of touch and that is definitely out of control in Sacramento."

Schwarzenegger added, "They cannot have the guts to come out there in front of you and say, 'I don't want to represent you. I want to represent those special interests: the unions, the trial lawyers'…. I call them girlie men. They should get back to the table, and they should finish the budget."

The governor's pugnacious turn raised objections Saturday, with the "girlie man" reference becoming the focus.

"It's really painful to hear the governor resort to such blatant homophobia," said Sen. Sheila Kuehl (D-Santa Monica), chairwoman of the Senate's Natural Resources and Wildlife Committee. "It's an old-fashioned way of talking about gay men as to indicate they're not as strong. So that part is really painful. And I have to say it's really surprising. It's like he can't get his way so he resorts to some kind of name-calling."

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I don't see how this is homophobic, unless he directed it specifically at gay people. Which I don't think he did.

It really reminds me of something McBane would say. Seriously :)

It's weird when Ah-nold is ripping off his one-liners from a source that's basically parodying him (Hans & Franz). Even weirder when he's doing it as governor of California in a political context.

Of course, now that I think about it, didn't Arnold show up on one of those bits?

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
i can't wait till i graduate from college and have his signature on my degree

the support arnold has is really amazing; it isnt a traditional republican base.. it is a wide broad general public support...

he could probably be president one day if the constitution was amended.. thats what president bush should be pushing for; not for the gay marriage ban.. but for removing the ban against non-native americans running for president.

It would be a blatantly partisan move, and probably unpopular after 9/11. Also, I doubt Bush is happy with Arnold since he's doing very little to campaign for Bush.

Yeah, sure Arnold, people should just step back and allow you to do whatever you want to do. The sad thing is the people most affected negatively by his policies are too star struck and too enamored by the gimmick of Arnold as governor to realize Arnold getting his way would not be the best thing for them. As for Bush amending the constitution so Arnold could be President, the hard right would never allow such a thing to happen, at least not for a moderate.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I would think that Sheila Kuehl's instant connection to homosexuals from Arnold's statement is more offensive...

snaildog

You'd have to think of gays as being 'girlie men' in the first place to think this is homophobic, which would make you homophobic yourself.

FoneBone

snaildog said:
You'd have to think of gays as being 'girlie men' in the first place to think this is homophobic, which would make you homophobic yourself.
IAWTP -- but posts like these still make me feel rather depressed:
Cyan said:
My governor is awesome. I like having someone in office who isn't at all political. Every few weeks we get something like this.
Boogie9IGN said:
I love living here in California.

Constitution needs to be changed so that Arnold can become President.
siege said:
I agree. He would be a fantastic president.

The actual content of what he is opposing is completely ambiguous from what's been posted, yet there are retards willing to back the statements as confirmation of his greatness. The quotes posted in this article do nothing to suggest he has ANY insight into the matters at hand. All we know from the information posted is that he wants people to approve of his budget and that he thinks the representitives who dont like his budget are weak and corrupted (for no other explicitly mentioned reason than ... that they don't like his budget).

Ripclawe

Banned
Governor won't apologize for calling his foes 'girlie men'

At a rally yesterday in Stockton, the governor gave a speech almost identical to the one he delivered in Ontario but without the "girlie men" remark. Spokesman Rob Stutzman said the line was dropped because Schwarzenegger had already sent the message he wanted to send, not because he regretted his remarks.

"It's a forceful way of making the point to regular Californians that legislators are wimps when they let special interests push them around," Stutzman said. "If they complain too much about this, I guess they're making the governor's point."

http://www.marinij.com/Stories/0,1413,234~26642~2281305,00.html

Guzim

story.arnold.stamp.postal.jpg

:lol

Willco said:
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER FOR PRESIDENT. LET'S MAKE DEMOLITION MAN HAPPEN.

You sure?

"I'm sorry to say that the world has turned into a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of robed sissies."

I don't wanna live in a world like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom