• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game |OT| -- Seven Exes and Tons of KOs

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
God dammit, I'm dying for this to go up.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
_dementia said:
go to bed
chances are when you wake up, it'll be ready

What? It's 3:30 in the afternoon. :lol

Einbroch

Banned
I moved my PS3 out into the main room, bought another controller (cheap ass one), and made sure everyone had cleared their schedules.

FOUR PLAYER LAN PARTY HOOO.

thetrin

Yep, found the demo via search. Gonna play a bit of it before I buy it.

Glad it's 10$ not $15. I might grab it if I like the demo; I do like beat 'em-up's.
Shame there's no online; I don't have many changes to have people over to game anymore.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Same here, my pre-order code is not recognized yet.

Why do I have a feeling it's going to be like 72 hours before Ubi's codes are authenticated or something? Not to sound negative, but that's the typical fuckup of our "superior" digital distribution age :p

Kaijima said:
Same here, my pre-order code is not recognized yet.

Why do I have a feeling it's going to be like 72 hours before Ubi's codes are authenticated or something? Not to sound negative, but that's the typical fuckup of our "superior" digital distribution age :p
I'll give it an hour. Then I'll buy again and just give this code to a friend.

LegatoB said:
Yep, it just went through. FALSE ALARM, PUT DOWN THE PITCHFORKS.
Ubisoft Toronto is right around the block from me. I would have put the hurt on them and told them to fax it to Montreal.

LOL
I think the demo sold me. It plays just like River City Ransom, all the way down to the weapon throw charge exploit. The pause menu backgrounds look like they came from Earthbound so I guess I'm in. Te game didn't really seem that hard though; I beat the demo on the hardest setting fairly easily but then again I already knew how to play it right.

the chris

Just downloaded the demo, is anyone else having issues playing it? The menus and everything else was fine till I started actually playing it, the sound cut out and there was a delay in hitting the pause button on the controller and the pause menu coming up. When I quit and tried the demo again it froze up my system.

shwimpy

Just finished the first level... freaking awesome. Will continue when my girlfriend comes home. For 10 bucks, it's a no brainer.

vazel

Banned
What's with the vegetarian screen? Is that based off something? I'd hate to think the developers are preaching to me. It's bad enough my monitor does it about my carbon footprint.

Played the demo and will buy tomorrow when it goes up in the UK. So good, my girlfriend and I just had a blast playing it.

vazel said:
What's with the vegetarian screen? Is that based off something? I'd hate to think the developers are preaching to me. It's bad enough my monitor does it about my carbon footprint.

You've not read the comics have you.

Proven

vazel said:

The 3rd ex is a vegan.

Toki767

Just beat the first level. Love the game. Wish it had online coop though. Might have to actually invite friends over to play this. :lol

thetrin

The game isn't bad so far, but range and hit detection are issues for me. If you stand too close to an enemy, you won't hit them at all, and player hit range is pretty short with no special attacks that increase it (like Wolverine's claws in the X-Men arcade game). Player movement outside of dashing seems pretty slow, too. The game feels strangely slow in comparison to something like Turtles in Time.

They say that each character has a unique move set, but it seems more like each character takes a unique combination from a pile of common attacks.

The lack of online coop means I'll only be able to play with people on weekends. This isn't a huge deal, but the game isn't a ton of fun to play on your own.

So far, I'm pretty lukewarm on the game.

Top Bottom