• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pruitt confirmed by Senate to head EPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Yep, opposition fought tooth and nail with all-night sessions to push and plead for a delay until these emails were released(actually until after 3/3 given the president's day week given few will be available until returning from districts).

Of course the GOP cheated this fuckwit in. They can all choke. This needs to be a widespread story scandal on par with that other email scandal. I mean this evidence exists and should be a stain on every single one that voted him through.

I wasn't sure if I should make new topic about this. I already feel like I spam Off-Topic with this bullshit created by Trump :/

Spladam

The shit that was in those emails though... damn man. It's like Trump is hiring the people most likely to cause the respective agencies to fail.

Breathe in extra air now and store it for later.

Gold.
I wasn't sure if I should make new topic about this. I already feel like I spam Off-Topic with this bullshit created by Trump :/
I was about to make a thread about the emails when a search led me here. To many Trump threads in off topic anyway.

Glix

Emails show ties between new EPA head, energy firms: watchdog

Emails released by the Oklahoma attorney general's office show a cozy relationship between energy companies and Scott Pruitt, who was the state's top prosecutor before being sworn in last week as the new chief U.S. environmental regulator, a media watchdog group said on Wednesday.

The Center for Media and Democracy has sought the release of emails between energy companies and Pruitt for the past two years, saying they show energy companies drafted language that Pruitt's attorney general office then used in suing the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the office he now heads, over regulations on energy operations.

The attorney general's office released more than 7,500 pages of emails late on Tuesday, holding back an unknown number of documents it called exempted or privileged.

Among the documents released were communications between Devon Energy and Pruitt's office that suggest the company gave the Oklahoma officials language on limits on methane emissions at oil and gas operations. Pruitt's office then used this language in suing the EPA over the regulations, the documents suggest.

The EPA did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Nick Surgey, a research director at the Center for Media and Democracy, called the document release a "major breakthrough" that revealed a close and friendly relationship between Pruitt's office and the oil and gas industry, with frequent meetings, calls, and dinners.

The center said before the release of the emails that Pruitt's office had violated Oklahoma's Open Records Act by delaying their issuance.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...133d&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Good thing that GOP rushed vote through and didn't wait for these emails to be released. Absolutely nothing to see here. Nope.

"I say it's better to get along with big oil than not. And if big oil helps us in the fight against climate change, which is a major fight, and has consequences all over the world, that's a good thing. Will I get along with them? I have no idea.""

ElRenoRaven

Emails show ties between new EPA head, energy firms: watchdog

Emails released by the Oklahoma attorney general's office show a cozy relationship between energy companies and Scott Pruitt, who was the state's top prosecutor before being sworn in last week as the new chief U.S. environmental regulator, a media watchdog group said on Wednesday.

The Center for Media and Democracy has sought the release of emails between energy companies and Pruitt for the past two years, saying they show energy companies drafted language that Pruitt's attorney general office then used in suing the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the office he now heads, over regulations on energy operations.

The attorney general's office released more than 7,500 pages of emails late on Tuesday, holding back an unknown number of documents it called exempted or privileged.

Among the documents released were communications between Devon Energy and Pruitt's office that suggest the company gave the Oklahoma officials language on limits on methane emissions at oil and gas operations. Pruitt's office then used this language in suing the EPA over the regulations, the documents suggest.

The EPA did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Nick Surgey, a research director at the Center for Media and Democracy, called the document release a "major breakthrough" that revealed a close and friendly relationship between Pruitt's office and the oil and gas industry, with frequent meetings, calls, and dinners.

The center said before the release of the emails that Pruitt's office had violated Oklahoma's Open Records Act by delaying their issuance.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...133d&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Good thing that GOP rushed vote through and didn't wait for these emails to be released. Absolutely nothing to see here. Nope.

Yup. People here had to fight like hell to get these records. He fought tooth and nail. This just proves what everyone here knew. He's a scumbag in big oil's pocket.

Ac30

Yup. People here had to fight like hell to get these records. He fought tooth and nail. This just proves what everyone here knew. He's a scumbag in big oil's pocket.

Yes, but as always with Trump's government:

"But is it against the law tho"

His whole cabinet is that Key and Peel sketch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom