• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

Taruranto

"I was wondering how do you get a house with a pit. The market for them must be pretty limited"

Chad is so stupid. I love him.

Last 10 minutes were solid, but rest of the episode was pretty bleah. Ending "reveal" was pretty obvious.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
"So Gone Girl."
"Thats Bullocks!"
"No you're thinking of Gravity. "

This show keeps getting better and better.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm still so on the fence about this show. I definitely enjoy it more than AHS, which takes itself so seriously but isn't written well enough to stand under the scrutiny. This is at least cheesy and doesn't pretend to be anything else.

But every episode has some funny moments that keep me coming back. Like calling it "The war of northern aggression." Smart joke, fits with the character and they didn't linger on it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"It's not my fault that some guy died in the '70s!"

"Excuse me, then whose fault is it? Mine?!"

lmao

Also,

"It's this way, I promise!"

"How could you promise, we're in a maze and you don't know where you're going!"

omg this episode was so funny

wait is that the first time they showed the Opening Credits intro

OMG that Prison guard doing the slow-mo pointing to the door. LOL

silent of the lambs, shinning, and Evil Dead (camera) nods

Yes. One of the producers already told us it would debut with this episode:

The main title sequence will debut with episode 105 on 10/13.

I really wish the ratings were better. I'm glad we held throughout the 2 hours at least. Hopefully we retain our viewership next Tuesday. I'm curious to see how the repeat does on Thursday. Thanks again to those who gave it a shot, whether you ended up loving it or hating it!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Someone else mentioned the same thing about the intro. I don't know how it has been going on broadcast, but I've definitely seen it before watching via Hulu. Not for the premiere episode, but after that.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
My god, those twins are comically terrible actors. Thank god there's only one left.

Terrible acting kind of works for this series though lol.
But yeah they were bad. Chanel in prison makes me wonder if a Scream Queens set in prison would work. Have all the killers not die this seasonbut imprisoned.

Chanel # 3 is becoming my favorite character in the show so far. Billie Lourd really sells her character with her high fashion, 'I'm too cool for this shit' model posture that fits her sarcastic, yet witty, personality perfectly. Her lines are just pure comedic gold, and she delivers them effortlessly. Impressive given that this is her first acting gig!

I was hoping that Chanel # 5 would get the cut one episode because I really don't see what she brings to the show other than being Chanel #1's outlet for belittling. Her character just seems so one dimensional.

Chanel # 3 is becoming my favorite character in the show so far. Billie Lourd really sells her character with her high fashion, 'I'm too cool for this shit' model posture that fits her sarcastic, yet witty, personality perfectly. Her lines are just pure comedic gold, and she delivers them effortlessly. Impressive given that this is her first acting gig!

Yes! Billie Lourd is fantastic. I couldn't believe she was a newcomer.

Taruranto

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Lea Michelle was the killer.

Destroying the sorority from the inside and outside? Plus Ryan Murphy playing favorite.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Watched the best comedy of all time Mean Girls again a few days ago, and I'm LOVING the inspiration the character of Chanel clearly got from Regina George <3

tjpIBzd.gif

EulaCapra

Quick blurb about Scream Queens in Hollywood Reporter profile story with Ryan Murphy: (Bolded possible season 2 plans)

But when Murphy woke up the following morn­ing, the narrative had changed. The series had lured only 4 million viewers, and his feed was full of tweets about the show's "lackluster" performance. "I thought, 'OK, well, that's it,' " he says. "That and my career is over in some weird way." Fox TV COO Joe Earley gave him his first of several pep talks. "I think we got caught up in a part of our business that has changed," he told Murphy, a point Walden would reiterate when the series saw a dramatic lift online and on-demand. (One week in, that audience had more than doubled.) Soon, she and Newman, who were as eager to protect the ego of their prized showrunner as they were to preserve the reputation of their network, would put out a press release: "Scream Queens is a model for contemporary viewership."

Whether there's sufficient money in that model remains to be seen, but Murphy's spirits have lifted when I see him a few days later. He's already pitched Walden on a broader second season, which would feature a cast of all different age groups. (The current one will likely have four survivors, whom he says will play the same characters in a new venue.) "With all of my work, it always takes a while for people to get it," he says, reminding me — and perhaps himself — that neither Horror Story nor Glee was a hit right out of the gate. "It goes from, 'What the hell is that?' to 'Oh, I like that.' So hopefully, given the opportunity, the same thing will happen with Scream Queens."
Varying age groups does indeed sound like Scream Queens: Summer Camp.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Have they ever addressed why there are only like 8 girls (used to be 10 I think) in a sorority at a large school?

I guess in previous years it was super exclusive so the numbers were low
and now when they would let anyone in nobody wanted to join

Bladenic

Also I really don't like Abigail Breslin in this. She's had some moments but she's overall miscast.

This episode wasn't very good. Just very odd pacing all around. Chanel #5 being in the maze and next scene she's in is the voting scene and she doesn't even mention anything about it lmao

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Also I really don't like Abigail Breslin in this. She's had some moments but she's overall miscast.

This episode wasn't very good. Just very odd pacing all around. Chanel #5 being in the maze and next scene she's in is the voting scene and she doesn't even mention anything about it lmao

That bothers you? How about a guy who got both his arms cut off with a chainsaw being up and back on campus days later as if it were a minor flesh wound?

This show is dumb, hysterical fun. The Channel #2 kill in the pilot set the tone. If You thought that was zany or unrealistic this is not the show for you.

Just finished watching Haunted House and Pumpkin Patch. Both episodes were amazing, and so much stuff happened, and so many references! I still have no idea who the killer could be, but holy shit I wasn't expecting
Gigi to be in cahoots (yeah, I said it--cahoots) with the red devil(s).

LycanXIII

I guess in previous years it was super exclusive so the numbers were low
and now when they would let anyone in nobody wanted to join

Yep, that was shown in the pilot. Everyone but the group they have now walked out. Must have just been the Chanel's in it before that.

I bet the main Red Devil is the baby.

"It's not my fault that some guy died in the '70s!"

"Excuse me, then whose fault is it? Mine?!"

lmao

Also,

"It's this way, I promise!"

"How could you promise, we're in a maze and you don't know where you're going!"

omg this episode was so funny

"It's the Red Devil. Let's wreck his car."

LawfulEnder

Neo Member

Doesn't she tear up and talk about how she's still upset about it, or is that a different scene? She definitely talks about how messed up she is because of it at some point.

That bothers you? How about a guy who got both his arms cut off with a chainsaw being up and back on campus days later as if it were a minor flesh wound?

This show is dumb, hysterical fun. The Channel #2 kill in the pilot set the tone. If You thought that was zany or unrealistic this is not the show for you.

She did, but I agree that this episode did start to show the beginnings of Ryan Murphy Fatigue. Especially with Zayday's character personality change.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Seven Minutes in Hell

Chanel makes an unexpected decision in order to remain safe, and as a result, Zayday gains power. Meanwhile, the Kappa Kappa Tau gals hold a slumber party, where something surprising is uncovered.

Top Bottom