• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Theory about who those sorority girls from 1995 might be.

We've already seen and met Mandy. She mentions that out of the other 3 girls, 1 killed herself, 1 became institutionalised and the third became a news anchor. I think Gigi might have been the girl who was holding the baby and she became institutionalised a while after the incident and had the baby taken away. Grace's mother might be the one who killed herself. And as for the news anchor, I'm going out on a limp and connecting that to either Chanel #1 or Chanel #5 (since they both mentioned that it was their dream to become one). Maybe they just want to follow their mum's career paths.

Taruranto

At this point I really don't know who the killer could be and how he's related to Nick Jonas.

I was into the dad, but Grace called him on that, so I doubt it could be really him.

I was into Zayday, but she gets kidnapped.

Holy shit, Chanel O'Ween.

And then Pete being Mattchew Maconagee.

Also, has anyone realized Pete is working for Starbucks?

Peet's Tea and Coffee.

EDIT: oh my god Chad and Hester.

How the hell did that get on network.

W-00

Chad needs to survive for a long time. Possibly even be a survivor. He's too funny to die.

This is my first Ryan Murphy show. They seem to be pretty popular (since he's getting to make so many), but what's the writing quality like in terms of stuff making sense? How likely is it that we'll be able to use logic to deduce the identity of the killer?

For instance, there's evidence proving that the killer isn't one of the Dickie Dollar Scholars
(well, other than Boone)
, Denise, Zayday, or Pete. How likely is the show to contradict that evidence later?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Is it wrong that this is far and away my favorite Ryan Murphy show? I know it's only a few episodes in, but this show is so far really impressing me with its subversion of tropes and irreverent humor. I wasn't sold on the first two episodes, but both this week and last have been really funny. Not interested in the slightest in who the killers are, but I am definitely gonna go along for the ride regardless, which I think is probably more of the point anyway.

How likely is the show to contradict that evidence later?
It's a Ryan Murphy show so very likely. Unless he and the writers are really putting their all into the script, expect plotlines that are either dropped completely or solved in an unsatisfactory way.
This season will probably be reasonably tight but if any of his past shows are a clue I would fear for future seasons.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
this show really found it's footing fast

also love that Megyn Kelly was apparently a Kappa from the baby scene

Chad needs to survive for a long time. Possibly even be a survivor. He's too funny to die.

My feeling is one of the S1 survivors dies at the climax of the first episode of S2.

This is my first Ryan Murphy show. They seem to be pretty popular (since he's getting to make so many), but what's the writing quality like in terms of stuff making sense? How likely is it that we'll be able to use logic to deduce the identity of the killer?

For instance, there's evidence proving that the killer isn't one of the Dickie Dollar Scholars
(well, other than Boone)
, Denise, Zayday, or Pete. How likely is the show to contradict that evidence later?

1. All Ryan Murphy shows start out fucking amazing and then get up their own ass around episodes 8-10 when they try to be what they were originally a satire of. This was Glee's main problem (also American Horror Story S3 and 4).

2. Ryan Murphy shows almost always nosedive after season one. Glee, while not getting a pass, is understandable in the fact that Fox ordered half of the series (3 out of 6 seasons) in a span of three days after the pilot aired on Hulu six months before its television debut.

3. You started to see the Logic Gymnastics in this episode with the dead bodies and especially Chad's incredibly intense death fetish that we never before heard about before. Things will only make sense as long as it is not in the interest of something cooler happening. Ryan Murphy would even make fun of himself losing interest in plotlines or spontaneously starting new ones in the later episodes of Glee. There even was a seven seven episode of Nip/Tuck that introduced a drug-addict brother of the main character who never was heard from again after.

3. You started to see the Logic Gymnastics in this episode with the dead bodies and especially Chad's incredibly intense death fetish that we never before heard about before. Things will only make sense as long as it is not in the interest of something cooler happening. Ryan Murphy would even make fun of himself losing interest in plotlines or spontaneously starting new ones in the later episodes of Glee. There even was a seven seven episode of Nip/Tuck that introduced a drug-addict brother of the main character who never was heard from again after.
Pretty sure Chad's thing about death was brought up in the pilot. When he was talking to Chanel during and after sex.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Pretty sure Chad's thing about death was brought up in the pilot. When he was talking to Chanel during and after sex.

Yeah, the death fetish was one of the most memorable things about the show for me, lol. It's so taboo. When he was about to have sex with Chanel he told her he wanted to choke her out and when they went to go see the dead body he was aroused.

Something that seemed really weird about this episode was the "girl power!!!" scene where they beat up the frat guys. That was so strange... especially for those characters. Is Chanel actually changing or was that just a one time thing? o_O

Yeah, the death fetish was one of the most memorable things about the show for me, lol. It's so taboo. When he was about to have sex with Chanel he told her he wanted to choke her out and when they went to go see the dead body he was aroused.

Something that seemed really weird about this episode was the "girl power!!!" scene where they beat up the frat guys. That was so strange... especially for those characters. Is Chanel actually changing or was that just a one time thing? o_O

That was Ryan Murphy One-Off.

Goldrush

Weird to me too. Thought the whole thing might have been staged by the Chanel for the election.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The best characters are clearly Chanel, Denise, Chad and Dean Munch.

Ugh, but I really hope Zayday is alive, it looked like the killer stabbed her in that last frame :(

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What are the odds about a musical episode?

An entire episode? I wouldn't expect it. A long and awkward musical sequence? I'd say 95%. The Stevie Nicks cameo in American Horror Story: Coven was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I'm still on the fence about this show. I was originally going to drop it before this episode, but has some extra time and actually liked it for the most part. The Denise Hemphill character cracks me up, so that helps.

2. Ryan Murphy shows almost always nosedive after season one. Glee, while not getting a pass, is understandable in the fact that Fox ordered half of the series (3 out of 6 seasons) in a span of three days after the pilot aired on Hulu six months before its television debut.
Yeah, I always noticed it being a common trend. Glee Season 1 was so much higher quality than the other seasons. I watched it until the end, but it hurt.
I want to pick up American Horror Story but it seems to follow the same trend from what I heard.

Honestly would not bother me if Ryan Murphy just made plenty of 26 episode shows than try to make series.

Just as a fun exercise, I was trying to think up what locations other seasons of this would be. It's actually harder than I thought, because(unlike AHS) most slasher/scream queen type genre film is so teenager focused, all the settings feel similar.

So we know season 2 will be Summer Camp, which is a no brainer. I came up with:

Ski Lodge
Spring Break/Beach Vacation(really this would be the same types of sorority characters though)
Movie Set/Reality Show

Anybody think up any others?

Kain

I like how everyone in this show seems to be completely crazy. It's so much fun than the overdrama of AHS.

We've already seen and met Mandy. She mentions that out of the other 3 girls, 1 killed herself, 1 became institutionalised and the third became a news anchor. I think Gigi might have been the girl who was holding the baby and she became institutionalised a while after the incident and had the baby taken away. Grace's mother might be the one who killed herself. And as for the news anchor, I'm going out on a limp and connecting that to either Chanel #1 or Chanel #5 (since they both mentioned that it was their dream to become one). Maybe they just want to follow their mum's career paths.

The thing that struck me as weird with Mandy is she has been off the grid since the baby being born but knows one of the others may have become a successful news anchor. If she wasn't killed this episode I'd figure she had something to do with the killings.

jond76

Banned
Gigi's intro where she tells Zayday that she had a traumatic experience where part of her psyche was stuck in the 90's makes a lot of sense now.

This show is great. Long live Chad!

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
That was a pretty decent episode. Actually, this whole season has been more than decent.

The only person I don't like is the main character. She just has too much of a "goody goody" face/vibe for me.

Also, it's all about youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~.

FaceTurn

The thing that struck me as weird with Mandy is she has been off the grid since the baby being born but knows one of the others may have become a successful news anchor. If she wasn't killed this episode I'd figure she had something to do with the killings.

She had a tv in in her caravan. Plus off the grid doesn't mean you can't watch tele now and then.

CoolOff

I'm 10 minutes into the first episode and I've already died of laughter like three times. This is amazing.

"A party where everyone is encouraged to wear/be white."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I fucking love this show so much. By far the best new show of the season. Preview looks amazing.

This one will hurt when it gets canceled this year :/

LycanXIII

I'm not so sure.
Mandy points out that they moved away, changed their names, and left that behind. I don't think that Grace's mother would mention she was in KKT if she was part of the group. Grace's father could still be involved though, with the baby being Grace's sibling.

I'm trying to figure out which KKT girl was the baby.
We know it's probably not Grace since she's supposedly 18, so it'd have to be one of the Chanel's. Chanel #1 knows her family. Chanel #2 is dead. Chanel #3 is Manson's love child. What do we know about Chanel #5's family?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Loving this show but I can't see it going beyond a first season tbqh nor do I want it to. Keep it one nice solid season instead of dragging out a good thing until it ain't so good anymore. This concept isn't made for a multi-season show.

First: most of these characters could be dead at the end of the season and a new season with a new cast doesn't have the same appeal because this cast is great. Plus what would they do, go to yet another school? Lame.

Second: The Muppets beat Scream Queens in the ratings LOL, by nearly 2 million extra viewers. Shocked at how low the ratings for Scream Queens are considering the critical reception and A-List (well Jamie Lee Curtis mostly) cast.

kirblar

Loving this show but I can't see it going beyond a first season tbqh nor do I want it to. Keep it one nice solid season instead of dragging out a good thing until it ain't so good anymore. This concept isn't made for a multi-season show.

First: most of these characters could be dead at the end of the season and a new season with a new cast doesn't have the same appeal because this cast is great. Plus what would they do, go to yet another school? Lame.

Second: The Muppets beat Scream Queens in the ratings LOL, by nearly 2 million extra viewers. Shocked at how low the ratings for Scream Queens are considering the critical reception and A-List (well Jamie Lee Curtis mostly) cast.
They've already trademarked a possible season 2:

Scream Queens: Summer Camp

Bladenic

The critical reception ain't great either

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are you being facetious? I don't think any Ryan Murphy show has ever been prematurely canceled.

arent the ratings shit? like getting worse each ep? I fear it wont go past season 1, and it will hurt because I love it. Whats facetious about that?

Top Bottom