• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scumbag Intel: Shady Practices, Terrible Responses, & Failure to Act - Gamers Nexus

Mr Hyde

This dude is a like a digital Robin Hood. He targets greedy tech companies and reveal their slimy practices to the common folks, so that those who have been robbed and cheated by these assholes can finally have some justice, and get the support and care they should have gotten from the beginning.

Topher

Gold Member
Someone check on Leonidas Leonidas

Matthew Broderick GIF

Astray

Anyone with a brain would have known to steer clear of Intel desktop products by now. Incoherent chipset support strategy and an ever-increasing wattage as substitute for actual innovation in IPC and core design.

Can anyone give us the summary of this video? Not very keen on watching an hour's rant.

StereoVsn

winjer

Gold Member
Damn. And the terrible part is the people who will pay for it are going to be regular employees, small investors and alike.

Upper management will get away with this shit as usual, at worst jumping out with a golden parachute.

And at the end of the year, we'll see how big are the bonusses for the CEO and members of the board.

LOL @ Steve crying with the dollar bills.

Edit: damn. What a terrible view of Intel. Garbage company. I mean, we shouldn't trust any company, but this is insane.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Yeah, once Steve comes at you about something like this...hold on to your butts.

I like that he started doing this more. He already provided a good service for us with his comparisons and analysis, this takes it to another level.

SHA

Sounds like AMD is the new villain here, that explains how next gen consoles moving to ARM, I don't really care, I just want the absolute best possible experience.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Gold Member
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

That contributor is still way off the mark to what happened to Intel in the last month, what’s the point? It dropped for all the other reasons BUT what he predicted.

I think you need to go back and read that article, because if you can't see how what he listed there has direct ties to what is happening now, then I'm not sure what to say other than, "maybe it's time to try on Leonidas' clown shoes."

The crashing and burning of Intel's stock is not just about this faulty CPU controversy or a market correction; it's about a complete lack of faith in the company's product offerings and roadmap. Nobody believes in anything Intel is doing, period. Gelsinger's strategy is failing.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I think you need to go back and read that article, because if you can't see how what he listed there has direct ties to what is happening now, then I'm not sure what to say other than, "maybe it's time to try on Leonidas' clown shoes."

Ok let's see the 3 reasons he "predicted" over a month ago :rolleyes: (even though the stock also climbed 2 weeks later from this article to 13% higher, but let's put that under the rug)
  • AI behind competition
  • Foundry business financials remain underwhelming (as in right in the middle
  • Despite a low valuation, most of wall street is lukewarm
Reasons why its down
  • They reinstated dividends a while ago when they should have kept it off, why pay so much money when you have so much capital in future assets. Those dividends could have kept the jobs. Now they stop the dividends but its too late.
  • They're right in the middle of RMA controversy, which is exactly what this thread is about and you called me in it ? They're in middle of having lawsuits thrown here and there for those chipsets.
  • There foundries are still being built. Huge amounts of capital investments for something that will start to bring in money years away
  • Global decline in electronics in the last month, investors are preparing for imminent interest rate cuts, all electronic/AI are now victims of portfolio recalibration
eXl8gFt.jpeg

Why is AMD down %20 ? Nvidia 12%, Qualcomm 21%, Micron 30%, TSMC 10%? Or Buffet dropping 50% of his Apple portfolio?

All because of Intel's AI chips underperforming? (the ones not even out with the NPUs)

The crashing and burning of Intel's stock is not just about this faulty CPU controversy or a market correction; it's about a complete lack of faith in the company's product offerings and roadmap. Nobody believes in anything Intel is doing, period. Gelsinger's strategy is failing.

What does that have to do with my original comment?

You can think whatever you want, at least bring in your own arguments.

Or are you really selling the idea that this contributor from a month ago is a genius and we should subscribe to him because he's got the best interest of us in all this? He predicated the whole market right? All this red above? Motherfucking genius!

We should subscribe to him right?

Even bears when they yell a crash every month will eventually be right

You bring Leonidas in this, WTF are you on about Chiggs Chiggs ? I have never owned a single Intel CPU for one. As if I'm an intel shill on this forum. GTFO.
I critique the idea that random contributors on internet giving advices on stock markets as if they have your best interest in mind. They literally want the stock to crash to buy more at low prices. The guy right now and probably the hedge fund behind him is happy that this is what happened.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Gold Member
Or are you really selling the idea that this contributor from a month ago is a genius and we should subscribe to him because he's got the best interest of us in all this? He predicated the whole market right? All this red above? Motherfucking genius!

I mean, say whatever you like about the man, but holy moly, he called it far better than you, blind luck or not (and I'd argue "not'). :messenger_tears_of_joy: And this is the real reason you're reacting this way, though I do give you credit for showing up.

Ok let's see the 3 reasons he "predicted" over a month ago :rolleyes:
  • AI behind competition
  • Foundry business financials remain underwhelming
  • Despite a low valuation, most of wall street is lukewarm
Reasons why its down
  • They reinstated dividends a while ago when they should have kept it off, why pay so much money when you have so much capital in future assets. Those dividends could have kept the jobs. Now they stop the dividends but its too late.
  • They're right in the middle of RMA controversy, which is exactly what this thread is about and you called me in it ? They're in middle of having lawsuits thrown here and there for those chipsets.
  • There foundries are still being built. Huge amounts of capital investments for something that will start to bring in money years away
  • Global decline in electronics in the last month, investors are preparing for imminent interest rate cuts, all electronic/AI are now victims of portfolio recalibration

Glad to see you agree with the contributor about the Foundry reason. Of course, you're trying to sell it the way Pat is: "oh, we're playing the long game." Just wondering--like most investors--why any reputable company would use Intel as its fab? Maybe Taiwan is invaded and South Korea is nuked and there are literally no other choices? Sure, I get that. But given Intel's reputation nowadays, do they even have enough in the tank for the "long game?"

I'd say "fuck" and I'd say "no."

And, golly, I'd sure hate for you to think that I don't have my own ideas, but it would appear that---GASP--others do indeed cite AI as one of the reasons for Intel's flailing.

But Intel also missed out on the AI wave. The chipmaker is struggling to keep up with powerhouse rival Nvidia, which has become one of the most valuable public companies in the world off the artificial intelligence boom. Intel’s heaviest losses were in its chip-making Foundry business, which it has heavily invested in 2024 “for the AI era.”

I realize that's just one blurb from some idiot at CNN who could never hope to reach your might or majesty, but I can find a bunch of negative Gaudi articles for you if you'd prefer? Not like it would be difficult.

Obviously, I agree with your dividend comment, but I'm still walking away with the same impression I've had for over a year: nobody believes in anything Intel is doing right now, their fab biz is an unproven pie-in-the-sky, they're losing talent hand over fist, and it's going to take a whole lot more than a "Ryzen moment" to turn the ship around.

If FuckedCompany.com were still around, Intel would surely be a topic of discussion...daily.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
@ Chiggs

Like I said, "ok"

I didn't call or predict Intel stock, so let's begin with that, I called that stock puppet contributors have no fucking place in discussion.

You seem to misinterpret my original comment in that other thread for a pro intel thing. I don't attack the article because he's telling peoples to sell Intel, I could not give two shits about peoples selling Intel. But his history is filled with "this will crash" and like I said, bears eventually are right.

Just a few days ago he said buy Google, microsoft and Nvidia. All down. :pie_thinking: Genius. When he told peoples sell Intel, it was up 13% two weeks later. On a long enough timeline, anyone is right with predictions then.

I predict Nvidia will go down further but up someday

Think About It GIF by Identity

I'm pointing out that contributors and financial advice online is all bull fucking shit.

Its like someone dropping this

Or to take Jim Cramer's advice.

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
And I was slightly upset that at the time I’ve built my wife’s PC tower I went with 12th gen i5 instead of a more modern CPU. Dodged a massive bullet by Intel’s out of stock in my area.

I was always a Ryzen guy since 2600x and it’s kinda sad that normal x86 is now basically a monopoly by AMD. Intel deserves it’s fate tho.

SABRE220

Good... Fuck them.

page hop GIF
I have no love for intel but we need intel to stay competitive to keep amd on its toes in the cpu sector and to have some hope of competition in the gpu sector since Amd has pretty much thrown in the towel and is content price gouging customers for nvidias crumbs.

Last edited:

Frwrd

I have no love for intel but we need intel to stay competitive to keep amd on its toes in the cpu sector have some hope of competition in the gpu sector since Amd has pretty much thrown in the towel and is content price gouging customers for nvidias crumbs.
Agreed.

Another reason why I wish success to Qualcomm, all these upcoming CPUs and most importantly to me personally, APUs, are something that I hope and pray to see competitive prices in between them.
Am realistic about it and I don't tend to expect "cheap" anything from anyone nowadays, but if we can keep all these MFs "fighting" with each other in other to keep prices 'in-check' that would be a win-win for everyone.

I wish no full dominance to anyone in any market, competition is good for us the customers; always.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I have no love for intel but we need intel to stay competitive to keep amd on its toes in the cpu sector have some hope of competition in the gpu sector since Amd has pretty much thrown in the towel and is content price gouging customers for nvidias crumbs.
Nah, arm has we covered

SABRE220

Nah, arm has we covered
Arm in the desktop market is still a hypothetical and far from becoming a true mature player in the desktop market for atleast another generation. It might make a bit of a splash but lets be real it will take a while and will need the stars to align to become a real player in the pc market.

Top Bottom