• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Mobius 1

Thanks for the recommendations, I was able to hit a couple of them and look around. Beautiful place, had a great experience with people. If I return, it will be to stay.

I'm not from California so please don't shun me if I do

riotous

Banned
Which is the best internet provider in town? I just moved into a new apartment and need to get internet service set up. Any recommendations?

See if you can get CenturyLink gigabit; they also have lower tiers for cheaper.

The gigabit is amazing.

nBubOjg.png

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I live five blocks above gasworks park. I have never seen so many tickets. Ironically the one guy completely blocking our one-way street has not been spotted yet.

dLMN8R

I live five blocks above gasworks park. I have never seen so many tickets. Ironically the one guy completely blocking our one-way street has not been spotted yet.

Tonight was nuts. I live around 45th and Stone Way - a 25-minute walk from Gasworks Park - and even that far away every single street parking spot was taken.

Stinkles

Tonight was nuts. I live around 45th and Stone Way - a 25-minute walk from Gasworks Park - and even that far away every single street parking spot was taken.

People seem to have been better behaved last night. Usually the streets are awash in Coors Lite cans and Dicks wrappers.

There were also fewer extra curricular fireworks all night. Gentrification.

Spent the day over in West Seattle but came home before the fireworks started. Pretty quiet in Green Lake, some people were shooting stuff off but it's wasnt a disaster zone this morning.

dLMN8R

People seem to have been better behaved last night. Usually the streets are awash in Coors Lite cans and Dicks wrappers.

There were also fewer extra curricular fireworks all night. Gentrification.

I dunno, I was hearing large number of fireworks until 1AM at least. Probably later too, but I was asleep by then.

Also - traffic on both 45th and 50th was backed up the entire way from I-5 to Stone Way until at least Midnight. Complete madness!

scitek

I just stayed home last night. Tons of people were shooting off fireworks on Vashon Island, so I basically had a show from my porch.

On a side note, I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job I've wanted literally since I was a kid, and it's all because I took the initiative. I don't know how to feel.

It's looking like my time in Seattle is drawing to a close at the end of the summer, so I'm going to try and do fun stuff before I leave. Is Mount Rainer a must-see? That's one of the places I haven't hit up yet but I'd like to do so before I leave. I'll probably do a day-trip to the Olympic Peninsula as well.

I just stayed home last night. Tons of people were shooting off fireworks on Vashon Island, so I basically had a show from my porch.

On a side note, I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job I've wanted literally since I was a kid, and it's all because I took the initiative. I don't know how to feel.

I replied to your post in the job search thread, but you should feel awesome. :D I hope the phone interview goes well!

Stinkles

It's looking like my time in Seattle is drawing to a close at the end of the summer, so I'm going to try and do fun stuff before I leave. Is Mount Rainer a must-see? That's one of the places I haven't hit up yet but I'd like to do so before I leave. I'll probably do a day-trip to the Olympic Peninsula as well.

I replied to your post in the job search thread, but you should feel awesome. :D I hope the phone interview goes well!

Ranier is amazing and has tons of amazing spots, but the Olympic peninsula is otherworldly.

yea, check out Hoh Rainforest/Shi Shi Beach

Thanks! I'm going to try and make it a long day trip since I'm sure a lot of the places are booked up. We'll see. I'll definitely drive down to Rainier as well. I'm glad I did Mount Si and Lake Serene a few years ago. This area is so beautiful and I'm going to really miss all the nature.

I have until the end of August, so I should be able to fit a bunch of stuff in.

Brakke

Banned
It's been hit-and-miss for a bit now, but it looks like it'll rain this weekend. So you'll get that good authentic Seattle experience!

Whatcha coming up for?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's been hit-and-miss for a bit now, but it looks like it'll rain this weekend. So you'll get that good authentic Seattle experience!

Whatcha coming up for?
Mostly kendo events, so I don't mind if it rains this week-end, as I'll spend a lot of time inside a gym. For the rest of the week the seminars are in the evening, so I hope it's nice out during the day so I can walk around downtown and stuff. ^^

watershed

Banned
So it looks like I'm going to have to go with comcast for my internet. I signed up for the Performance Starter service for $29.99 a month. I figure it will be good enough. For a second I thought Wave provided service to my neighborhood based on their website zipcode thing but then they emailed me back saying no.

There's a Poke Stop right across from my house. I was wondering if the Bomb Shelter under I-5 in Green Lake would be something, it's pretty popular for Geocachers. So I downloaded the game to see. Yep. Poke Stop.

If any of you guys play and happen to end up there, make sure you wave at the brick house across the street.

dLMN8R

There's a Poke Stop right across from my house. I was wondering if the Bomb Shelter under I-5 in Green Lake would be something, it's pretty popular for Geocachers. So I downloaded the game to see. Yep. Poke Stop.

If any of you guys play and happen to end up there, make sure you wave at the brick house across the street.

45th Stop & Shop?

dLMN8R

Hehe, not THAT poke. That silly Pokemanz phone app. I wish I had a poke place across from my house. That would be better.

LOL I didn't even consider that as a definition of "poke stop". I installed Pokemon GO and uninstalled it about 10 minutes later.

But that said.....45th Stop 'n' Shop is really amazing.

LOL I didn't even consider that as a definition of "poke stop". I installed Pokemon GO and uninstalled it about 10 minutes later.

Same here. I downloaded it to see if the bomb shelter was a landmark, and then deleted the game. No interest in Pokemon and holy crap does that app suck battery life and heat my phone up like crazy.

dLMN8R

Same here. I downloaded it to see if the bomb shelter was a landmark, and then deleted the game. No interest in Pokemon and holy crap does that app suck battery life and heat my phone up like crazy.

The 10 minutes I mentioned were at SeaMonster Lounge last night. I did happen to catch a Bulbasaur while I was there. So yay?

It also drained my battery by 5-10% in those ten minutes!

spuckthew

What's up with the weather this summer. It's been so up and down lately.

I need my sun!

Word. I was in town last week visiting family and it was a real mixed bag. Would have preferred it being like last year's June/July.

I was around Gig Harbor for the 4th and the weather was apparently better than around Seattle (my girlfriend's mom said it rained in Bellevue).

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm back home in Canada and I just want to say, Seattle was a really cool city and I had a fantastic time there. I hope to return some day, possibly in 3 years for the next women's kendo tournament. ^^

Eyeron

45th Stop & Shop?

Oh man. That place is heavenly. Went to La Carta de Oaxaca a few days ago and managed to wolf down a Poke bowl less than an hour later. Was going to just try a few bites to see what the fuss was about and save the rest for later but it was too delicious. Could have died happy after those meals.

dLMN8R

Oh man. That place is heavenly. Went to La Carta de Oaxaca a few days ago and managed to wolf down a Poke bowl less than an hour later. Was going to just try a few bites to see what the fuss was about and save the rest for later but it was too delicious. Could have died happy after those meals.

Between 45th Stop 'n' Shop and Ezell's moving in soon, that block is suddenly a massive bottleneck!

Glad I can walk there in under 15 min.

scitek

I have another phone interview this week (my 4th with this company), and this time it will be with the guy I messaged on LinkedIn about the opening to begin with.

Funny how it's come full circle.

Mobius 1

I have a job offer, measuring my options about accepting it or not. Maybe it's time to start thinking seriously about which neighborhood I'd like to live at initially.

Top Bottom