• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Section 8: Prejudice |OT| Thread of ridiculously good value $15 PSN/XBLA/GFWL

Man

Played a couple of SP levels and a Conquest match and a half.
The shooting and movement feels right and the two (mp)levels I have seen are well designed, large and with a good amount of players. Drop is cool.

edit: Am I the first PS3 Prejudice owner to post here? Guess so (first post after July 26th).

It's an UE3 so by nature it looks bad and it lacks AA atleast on this platform.
The scripting in the SP might throw some warning signals as well but the combat mechanics and the MP feels really well tuned. What I have seen so far of MP is very promising.

The MP is great. I think I've done about 100 hours of it so far (I'd have to check to be sure) and I'm at level 100. I fear for people trying to get into this game on 360 now seeing as though the player base is so good at it.

Seeing as though you can have 32 people stand in the same spot and go crazy with rockets and explosions I'd actually say the graphics are pretty good. The permutations of stuff the game has to calculate is crazy really. Every person can have 4 deployable weapons and drop at least one vehicle each so the sort of stuff this game has to track and render is pretty nuts.

This game should really win a design award of some kind. The depth and balance here is stunning. The layers and interdependance between maps, loadout, abilities, vehicles, deployables, and missions is one hell of an accomplishment. Then they added bots that work on top of this. There really isn't much farther this game could have gone.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Somehow I've never heard of this game until just now. Trailers look awesome. $5? Bought!

edit: ah fuck, GFWL. this is what I get for not reading.

Game is awesome, map packs are £1 each right now too so it's the best time to jump in fully loaded :D

Really need to start playing again, think I will do this week.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Good god! I was surprised at this. I grabbed it this morning in the Steam sale, and I was expecting a little budget game I could throw on when I was bored - but I'm quite amazed at the quality. This thing looks like a bloody full priced title. Plays really well, too - kind of like a mashup of Tribes and the better elements of Halo.

From what I can see, the drawbacks seem to be that it's a port, and GFWL - but at this price, who cares?

Don't know if anyone's up for a game, but leave me a PM if you are. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well I got S8 way back when Amazon had it for $4.99 for the PS3

Today I finally platinumed it lol, getting the last few badges + reach rank 50, I just was jonesing for more S8

1 week ago I platinumed S8P so, it nice having 2 shiny platinums for both iterations, lets see is there's a S8(#3) in the works

I have to say, I'm surprised at how good this game feels. It being made by TimeGate (Kohan!) I expected the strategic elements in place to work well, but the weapons I care about and the movement to some some extent feels really good as well. The sniper rifle is super quick to scope, the rocket launcher is a ton of fun, the pistol is alright, grenades and mortars feel very satisfying etc. The amount of health each player has also brings an interesting dynamic to it, and the turrets feel just right. They have made a proper hardcore shooter here!

My only gripe is that it seems like it'll take ages to get the tweaks that'll make it play even better and you can't just grind everything quickly in SP. That really sucks, they have a great game here, there's no need to put that shit in there.

Cystm

This game flew under my radar. Steam is having a sale on the game and all it's DC for 6 dollars.

Is anyone even still playing this?

Top Bottom