• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA AM2 Collection Vol. 1 |OT| Now you can Model 2

Does it cost publishers to release XBLA games in multiple regions? VirtuaON and Virua Striker don't seem like they need any extra localization as the original arcade games had English equivalents. Odd decision.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Does it cost publishers to release XBLA games in multiple regions? VirtuaON and Virua Striker don't seem like they need any extra localization as the original arcade games had English equivalents. Odd decision.
I honestly thought MS prohibited Japan only XBLA releases. Someone clarify this for me.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Both Virtual On and Virtua Striker are up on Japanese PSN via search. Downloading VO right now.

Galdelico

Both Virtual On and Virtua Striker are up on Japanese PSN via search. Downloading VO right now.
Shame they really didn't come to the west, in the end.

Is there any notable difference between PS3 and 360 versions of these AM2 games? I may double dip with VF2 a FV, just to complete the set at least on one platform.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
There aren't any differences to my knowledge, but someone who knows more may chime in. Yeah, it's annoying that Sega won't be releasing these two outside Japan, but at least the netcode to Japan has been playable so far (which usually isn't the case for my East Coast internet).

Tain

Just got Virtual On on XBLA. I don't know if it helps anybody, but the game doesn't do an IP check. You'll still need a Japanese account and Japanese points.

And with that, I have all three Virtual On arcade releases on my 360. The port seems every bit as good as I could expect, save maybe the lack of widescreen. The game is quite a shock after so much Oratorio Tangram.

Just got Virtual On on XBLA. I don't know if it helps anybody, but the game doesn't do an IP check. You'll still need a Japanese account and Japanese points.

And with that, I have all three Virtual On arcade releases on my 360. The port seems every bit as good as I could expect, save maybe the lack of widescreen. The game is quite a shock after so much Oratorio Tangram.
That's good to know. I guess if you are a hardcore enough fan of VO then you'll jump through the extra hoops to get it.

I hope this isn't the last we'll hear of classic SEGA AM2 ports on live and psn.

Slermy

That's pretty cool. Almost worth it just for the novelty alone.

SkylineRKR

VO is sweet. I just bought it off the Japanese PSN along with VS.

Lush Model 2 graphics and framerate strike yet again, those games still look good to me. I set the controls to dual stick and it works reasonably well with DS3. Been doing Temjin's special all over the place.

I love VS as well, but I can see why this wouldn't be released outside of Japan. It would be completely and utterly destroyed. I'm having a laugh though, make a foul at the centre of the pitch and the opponent is actually posting a wall of players, lolz. Scored the most awesome bicycle kick with Holland against France.

Top Bottom