• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA AM2 Collection Vol. 1 |OT| Now you can Model 2

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
But Dynamite Deka 1 on west was Die Hard Arcade. Sega paying again for Die Hard license at this time is very unlikely, that's what I meant saying Deka has no license but is Japanese only.

Well, Sega has a good relationship with 20th Century Fox over the Aliens license, and there's a new Die Hard movie coming out soon, so...

Dynamite Deka 1/Die Hard Arcade is an ST-V game though.

There are already more Model 2 games than Saturn/ST-V ones on XBLA (I can only think of Silvergun and Guardian Heroes; Nights was based on PS2 code).

GrayFoxPL

Dynamite Deka 1/Die Hard Arcade is an ST-V game though.

Remake was made. For a fast buck they could just up the res to 720p and release. Problem is they gotta translate some text, seems easy, but Sega.

Then the no-license game is Dynamite Deka 2. Simple. I got your first Die Hard reference, though.
Deka 1 had no license too. They slapped Die Hard on it when bringing it to the west.

Tizoc

SEGA released Monster World IV, they can just release Dynamite Deka 1 as Dynamite Cop 1 and bundle it with 2 and release it for $10-15 (Then again there's a new Die Hard movie in the works....)

TheOGB

Banned
Damn Sonic the Fighters is hype as hell online. Not proud of those 2 losses to cheap ass gliding Knuckles and lame ass Sonic, though. :I

geebee

Banned
Sega is easily my favorite publisher for digital distribution. I never thought I'd be playing these arcade classics again.. and at this level of quality.

Archon473

Where can I find tournament footage of Fighting Vipers, or at least a detailed description of its system? The armor mechanic sounds interesting and for five bucks, I could investigate this one.

Slermy

Screw that, I want a XBLA/PSN port of Virtua Racing.

My god, I'd buy that in a heart beat. Kudos if they include the extra levels and cars fron the 32X release.

Hell, they could even throw in the extra courses from the PS2 "Ages" release as well.

Tain

You can expand the screen size to fill while maintaining aspect ratio, and I'm pretty sure you still get a native image when you do.

And if they're doing a Dynamite Deka bundle, we need all three games. Third one still hasn't made it home!

TheOGB

Banned
I suck whole ass at Fighting Vipers :[

Trying to get this Skirt Destroyer achievement is getting my ass royally kicked. I can barely make it past Tokio, and when I do Sanman is right after. ~.~

SkylineRKR

I suck whole ass at Fighting Vipers :[

Trying to get this Skirt Destroyer achievement is getting my ass royally kicked. I can barely make it past Tokio, and when I do Sanman is right after. ~.~

I did it in VS mode. Getting a 10 streak and then chose her and pulled off the armor destroy move.

I don't know how much more difficult the Normal arcade setting for FV is compared to the Saturn port. But I do know that, even with my lack of practice, Saturn FV's easy to beat.

SkylineRKR

This is one is nail biting hard. Especially, when not into Random mode, Picky and Jane are tough mofos. They could ofcourse be easier if they're your first opponent.

But you can cheese low sweeps it seems, it worked out a few times.

I beat it with grace, but I lost over 10 times to Jane I think. B.M. I beat right away though.

Reiko

Banned
That comparison just seems to be looking out to sea on the same stage on the DC version? The buildings are there to the right, or am I missing something here? The arcade version also has a point in the fight where the geometry is pretty.. sparse in the background.

On Dreamcast the platform is stationary with some minor geometry representing the buildings in the distance.

In the arcade the platform moves and takes you into the city and over the water. Lots of large objects were removed from the DC version. The cage in Picky's stage is even more detailed.

SkylineRKR

Grew to really love FV, more than ever even. Well, liked it in the Arcade too but most coins went into Tekken 3 back then.

Easy to get into, simple combos, some hard hitting attacks... air recoveries even. FV must also be the only fighting game where I don't hate the wall game. It plays damn brilliant with the TE stick.

Managed to 1cc it with Mahler. He's ridiculously strong, I mostly just used his punch combos and launcher. And his leap on downed enemies defeats armor, which is safer to try than the others' armor moves. I don't think he was meant to be a separate dude in FV1 already, but rather just a less powerful version of B.M. thats not too OP in VS mode.

So yeah, I'm now anticipating a port of FV2. Played that a shitload on DC with the DC stick.

Dachande

Had a look at the New Releases section on XBL and saw these... I'm going download all three, but I had enough spacebux to buy one right there and then.

Had to think about it, but I think it's gotta be FV. I loved VF2 but I have some lovely after-school FV memories...

GrayFoxPL

Grew to really love FV, more than ever even. Well, liked it in the Arcade too but most coins went into Tekken 3 back then.

Easy to get into, simple combos, some hard hitting attacks... air recoveries even. FV must also be the only fighting game where I don't hate the wall game. It plays damn brilliant with the TE stick.

Managed to 1cc it with Mahler. He's ridiculously strong, I mostly just used his punch combos and launcher. And his leap on downed enemies defeats armor, which is safer to try than the others' armor moves. I don't think he was meant to be a separate dude in FV1 already, but rather just a less powerful version of B.M. thats not too OP in VS mode.

So yeah, I'm now anticipating a port of FV2. Played that a shitload on DC with the DC stick.

Yeah, played it whole day. Mahler is a boss even in small version. Kills BM in 10 sec max. Badass. They could've tone him down twice more and he still be better then half of the cast.
But I got decent with Picky the low tier. 6 stage in Ranking mode. Knee to air throw. Love air throws in this. Game's awesome as hell, shame no one's online :(.

Some commands are hard as hell to pull off. Picky has pp f+kk double knee which so crazy unresponsive and it ends up as a flip(ppk) most of the time. Even if similar commands for other characters come out without problem, this one is unusually strict.

Raxel has f+k+G,qcf+k.hcf+k triple spin kick, cool but good luck with the last part.

SkylineRKR

I tried that combo and did it. He's so far the only char with rolling motions I've tried so far.

Basically, what I do is 2 extremely quick HCF+K motions after the f+KG. Seems to work quite a few times. But its prob. too hard to pull of in actual battle. I can't however pull of Bahn's P+G bb+P+G throw command. Unless its the same move but with a 2 hand swing animation. Another very hard one is Mahler's falcon punch as an ender.

Mahler is officially boss as he can also stand on top of the cage.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Where can I find tournament footage of Fighting Vipers, or at least a detailed description of its system? The armor mechanic sounds interesting and for five bucks, I could investigate this one.
Yeah I'm sitting down with the game and trying to actually dig into it for the first time now and am wondering if there are any good online resources out there to help the process along. Manually digging through the movelists to document which moves can armor break, launch, or even basic stuff like mid/low is a bit cumbersome without any kind of training mode and a command list that resets to the top every time you access it.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Can't find anyone online for VF2. Last time I checked there was only 750 people who have registered a score on VF2 Online.

Come on peeps buy these games! I'm on 360.

I was finding quite a few games the other day on 360, most of the players were from Japan and the connection was suprisingly good. I tried going on today, but not as much luck =/

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Any advice on the Skirt Destroyer achievement for Fighting Vipers? That's probably the toughest achievement across the three games.

Wow, Fighting Vipers has aged kind of poorly; but I still love it. So much of the presentation is aped today by other fighting games. Sega leading the way!

Sega needs to get Model 3 games on the consoles. I want Fighting Vipers 2 and Spikeout.

Reiko

Banned
Wow, Fighting Vipers has aged kind of poorly; but I still love it. So much of the presentation is aped today by other fighting games. Sega leading the way!

Sega needs to get Model 3 games on the consoles. I want Fighting Vipers 2 and Spikeout.

Fighting Vipers was high end compared to everything released during that time period.

The armor damage indicator was later ripped off in the WWE Smackdown games.
The armor breaking mechanic was later ripped off in Soul Calibur 4.

And outside of a few stages... FV2 isn't much of a looker compared to the first game.

Tizoc

Any advice on the Skirt Destroyer achievement for Fighting Vipers? That's probably the toughest achievement across the three games.

Hmm Mahler has the ability to destroy armors easily right? Go into Versus (offline) and do the requirements.

Fighting Vipers was high end compared to everything released during that time period.

The armor damage indicator was later ripped off in the WWE Smackdown games.
The armor breaking mechanic was later ripped off in Soul Calibur 4.

And outside of a few stages... FV2 isn't much of a looker compared to the first game.

You don't need to remind me.

I played the shit out of FV in the arcade and on the Saturn. :p

I just recall people being turned off by the wacky ass character designs.

Bloody Roar / Beastorizer was the more relatively popular Fighting Vipers rip-off. The one time the furries won. :p

Tain

Man. I knew that all the Saturn Model 2 ports were seriously ugly compared to their arcade versions, but this is the first time I've actually played a significant chunk of Fighting Vipers and VF2 arcade, and all the missing touches are piling up and blowing me away. The hard shadows in Candy's stage, the broken armor bits bouncing around in the ring, the dynamic car headlight shadows on Picky's stage, the fence raising and flowing flags on Wolf's stage, the bridge's shadow in Shun's stage... Combine this stuff with the model and texture detail and it's hard to believe that anyone can stand playing the Saturn versions of these games these days.

Apparently Pepsiman wasn't in arcade FV. Bummer. I figured since I was seeing Pepsi ads in the game he might be there. Cracked up at background signs "DO SKATEBOARDING" and "CAP'N CRUNCH" in Honey's stage. Don't remember those from the Saturn version.

I never got all that into FV all those years ago, but it's been pretty fun messing with this. I'm going to try to get some friends into it. Not expecting much!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Remember that there's a manual armor break command.
I know. I was planning on plugging in a second gamepad and doing that command to get that achievement.

So, I can select Candy, play versus mode, and do the manual break move ten times for that achievement?

Top Bottom