• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA AM2 Collection Vol. 1 |OT| Now you can Model 2

Endo Punk

Bought Fighting Vipers. Looked pretty neat so I gave it a try and I actually really dig the style. The characters are really unique and I wish SEGA never stopped making it, would love to see a current gen version.

Bahn is my man, too bad he doesn't have many combos but a great heavy hitter. Feels so good punching people out the arena.

Sega is easily my favorite publisher for digital distribution. I never thought I'd be playing these arcade classics again.. and at this level of quality.

Couldn't agree more.

Galdelico

I wonder if it's actually possible for SEGA (seeing the recent crossover in DoA5) to re-release the first Model 2 Dead or Alive, just like they did with FV and VF2.
I can't even describe how much I'd love it.

Trojan X

Banned
Just downloaded Virtua Fighter 2 on the PS3. Yes, I can confirm that this is a perfect emulation of the Arcade game. Excellent.

Unfortunately, I'm searching for online opponents but I cannot find anyone. Its pretty upsetting so I've made a player match (Trojan-X). Hopefully someone will come for some battles.

Endo Punk

Just downloaded Virtua Fighter 2 on the PS3. Yes, I can confirm that this is a perfect emulation of the Arcade game. Excellent.

Unfortunately, I'm searching for online opponents but I cannot find anyone. Its pretty upsetting but I'll keep hoping to play someone online.

Same with Fighting Vipers. Tried for 10 mins and not a single fight.

Trojan X

Banned
Yes. I finally played someone online. I've won but instead of allow me to replay the person it just give me an option to quit out of the game and search online again. So silly, that drops the User Retention.

SEGA never learns... :(

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
TrojanX, do you have VF2 on PS3 or 360? If PS3, send me a friend request at Pak38. We have the Atlantic between us, but I played a Japanese player last week and it didn't feel too bad so I think it ought to be playable. I'm not very good at VF2 Sarah though. =)

I just got into RE6 yesterday, but I'm sure we can play some soon.

SkylineRKR

Grabbed StF from the store, the only one of the threesome I didn't have yet.

I really dig it. Its a useless fighter ofcourse, and the gameplay is pretty whack. Recovery from inputs is sooo slow...

But the graphical style, music, sounds... its really funny. Sonic beating the snot out of Tails is just cool. I like those Sega arcade graphics a lot anyway. You'll start to wonder why everything has to look so gritty nowadays.

Trojan X

Banned
Just had some brilliant fights on VF2 just now. It's a pity that playing a game this intricate online is extremely tough.

Other than the desire for native widescreen support, and maybe the laughably easy achievements, wouldn't people agree that these arcade releases really knock it out of the park? Fantastic emulation, online play, great prices. Even little tweaks in a few cases, Sonic the Fighters being the most notable so far. They did a terrific job with these.

I know that above sounds a little viral marketer, but it'd be nice if they got the message that yes, we really like this. It's a shame the sales seem to be low.

Trojan X

Banned
Other than the desire for native widescreen support, and maybe the laughably easy achievements, wouldn't people agree that these arcade releases really knock it out of the park? Fantastic emulation, online play, great prices. Even little tweaks in a few cases, Sonic the Fighters being the most notable so far. They did a terrific job with these.

I know that above sounds a little viral marketer, but it'd be nice if they got the message that yes, we really like this. It's a shame the sales seem to be low.

I think its low because hardly anyone knows about it. On the UK PSN, it got virtually no page 1 or 2 coverage at all. I know about it because of this forum, but if I wasn't a forum member then I would have been oblivious to VF2 existing on the platform. SEGA hardly did any PR for the game over here so I'm really not surprised that the sales are low. The only way the game will pick up sales is if we talk about it, but you have to ask yourself... why should we do the work that SEGA should be doing? Pity. Incredible emulation and I'm enjoying the game when I do eventually find someone online. However, SEGA need to do a better job at putting a little extra care in their smaller titles, especially when the PR doesn't cost a penny.

iidesuyo

What the hell!! I had to search on the Euro PSN to find this game. Then it gave me the Artwork of Fighting Vipers. PSN doesn't care at all, most people won't even notice that VF2 is available.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I can't do the manual armor break move to save my life. Every time I input the command, no armor breaks and Candy just does her "put out da tush" move.

Any help? That and the Skirt Destroyer achievement are literally the only two achievements I don't have in the game. I have the other 13, and all the achievements for VF2 and Sonic.

Galdelico

I can't do the manual armor break move to save my life. Every time I input the command, no armor breaks and Candy just does her "put out da tush" move.

Any help? That and the Skirt Destroyer achievement are literally the only two achievements I don't have in the game. I have the other 13, and all the achievements for VF2 and Sonic.
I did both in Vs Mode, with the time set to max so I didn't have to hurry.

First one: on my controls setup I have P+K+D on left trigger (I read some other people wanted to reassign it to RB) and, with my character facing right, I quickly input right-left-right-left+PKD. This last one - left+PKD - is meant to be done at the same time.
For some reason I found R-L-R-L easier to input with the analog stick.

Second one: easily done by playing offline Vs with my brother. You have to streak 10 wins in a row (I'm pretty sure you can pick up you favourite character during these first ten matches), then select Candy for the 11th and finally - anytime during the fight - pull out her armour break move (the same of above). That's all.

Trojan X

Banned
What the hell!! I had to search on the Euro PSN to find this game. Then it gave me the Artwork of Fighting Vipers. PSN doesn't care at all, most people won't even notice that VF2 is available.

I know. I would like to think this is Sony's error but as it's down to the way the game is submitted to them, I guess SEGA is also at fault too. Who the true culprit, who knows but in the end of the day this issue only hurts SEGA in terms of lost revenues and Sony in terms of credibility.

Tizoc

I know. I would like to think this is Sony's error but as it's down to the way the game is submitted to them, I guess SEGA is also at fault too. Who the true culprit, who knows but in the end of the day this issue only hurts SEGA in terms of lost revenues and Sony in terms of credibility.

Eh EU PSN is retarded like that sometimes, especially with the new store. Try looking for it via the website-
http://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Trojan X

Banned
Still get matches in VF. Fighting Vipers is very dead from my failed attempts to play online matches.

On the PS3, VF2 is pretty active thanks to the many players from Japan. In terms of western players, there doesn't seem to be much of them. I'm still playing the game now and again so if you want to play with (or against) me, please look out for "Trojan-X".

Other games... I don't know what the situation is.

Slygmous

Finally bought VF2 and FV.
How on earth do you beat Jeffry? He beats me in 3 moves :( VF2 is way harder than I remember.
Vipers is better, Candy is going well. Even played somebody online (and won!). Vipers style feels a lot more natural to me. Takes me back to all those hours spent in Megamix :)

xemumanic

Unfortunately, I'm searching for online opponents but I cannot find anyone. Its pretty upsetting so I've made a player match (Trojan-X). Hopefully someone will come for some battles.

I too have the game, but on 360. I couldn't believe how great of a port it is. It truly is perfect. The ONLY thing I could complain about is the lack of widescreen, but at $5, I have no right to. The lack of a rematch option is just stupid. This is a bug that should be fixed if they ever decide to use their free patch. It's a good thing that these games weren't bundled.

But I still would like to see widescreen added, if possible.

Hardly ever seems to be anyone on to play. Even set to worldwide.

Am cry.

Update - always better in small hours UK / evening US...

Good lord i forgot what a nasty input reading son of a bitch VF2's CPU is!
Just spent 45 mins trying to get past Jeffry as Kage.... you may as well forget any high attacks or PPPK combos or throws when he's just going to duck under everything within a fraction of a second and hit you with a 75% move and then finish you off with a stomp. Even when you do connect with something he just walks through it into another goddamn throw!
I did finally beat him but gave up on CPU Kage afterwards. Watching that bastard duck my combos 100% of the time and retaliating with the same thing is just infuriating.. just like watching him use moves i can't remember the commands for (nor their names!).

geebee

Banned
Good lord i forgot what a nasty input reading son of a bitch VF2's CPU is!
Just spent 45 mins trying to get past Jeffry as Kage.... you may as well forget any high attacks or PPPK combos or throws when he's just going to duck under everything within a fraction of a second and hit you with a 75% move and then finish you off with a stomp. Even when you do connect with something he just walks through it into another goddamn throw!
I did finally beat him but gave up on CPU Kage afterwards. Watching that bastard duck my combos 100% of the time and retaliating with the same thing is just infuriating.. just like watching him use moves i can't remember the commands for (nor their names!).
Yeah, it is pretty rough. The worst thing is that it's difficult to know when to quit.. which adds to the frustration haha.

Still get matches in VF. Fighting Vipers is very dead from my failed attempts to play online matches.

It's about a 5-minute wait on Fighting Vipers to get a single match (Xbox 360, UK evenings). Almost always against Japanese players. Not that I mind too much though because the netcode is surprisingly good.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Are we any closer to knowing when Virtua Striker and Virtua On will be released? I really want Virtua Striker!!!

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Yeah, it is pretty rough. The worst thing is that it's difficult to know when to quit.. which adds to the frustration haha.

Haha...Same problem here. I suck at VF2 even though I own the arcade machine!

Just one more, last time!!!

Guardian Heroes? Restrict it to Xbox
Anarchy Reigns? Delay it for almost a year.
Shining Force content on youtube? Hit them with copyright violations.
Virtual On? Restrict it to Japan

The hits just keep on comin'.

GrayFoxPL

itwJvSYY6dRPx.gif

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Wonder if it's a rights issue, Sega thinking it's not worth the trouble after disappointing sales of the first three titles outside the Japan region, or just Sega being Sega.

rvy

Banned

SEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Who runs this fucking company? Seriously.

Tizoc

I dunno...I think an English release of this will happen down the line.
Or we might get VS2 and the 2nd Virtual On game instead?
Either way will prob. grab them off JPN PSN if their price is equivalent to $5 each.

If we're talking English release, AR was delayed for oh say 6 months, so half a year. Don't see how that's a biggy though.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I dunno...I think an English release of this will happen down the line.
Or we might get VS2 and the 2nd Virtual On game instead?
Either way will prob. grab them off JPN PSN if their price is equivalent to $5 each.

If we're talking English release, AR was delayed for oh say 6 months, so half a year. Don't see how that's a biggy though.
Oratorio Tangram already had an XBLA release...

I was.

A lot of things can change in 6 months. 6 months ago I owned a PS3 and I would have bought and enjoyed AR. Now I don't and I won't. You can counter "who's fault is that", but I'm still calling it almost a year.

Tizoc

I was.

A lot of things can change in 6 months. 6 months ago I owned a PS3 and I would have bought and enjoyed AR. Now I don't and I won't. You can counter "who's fault is that", but I'm still calling it almost a year.

Eh I have a 300+ game backlog, my PS3 backlog was big during 2012 and is starting to thin now. Plus I'm getting it later this month since my brother is sending it to me from UK.

Tizoc

Eh don't let it get you down, once they announce their next set/batch of Classics releases you'll be :-D

Wonder if a petition or 'X strong for Virtual On and Virtua Strike English release' might change their minds?

Sigh stupid Yen, why I gotta pay so much for a Japanese PSN Cash code?

Top Bottom