• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Rally Online Arcade PS360 |OT| Contains 100% Real Mud

Daigoro

New_TM_SR_Logo1.jpg

When was the last time you enjoyed getting dragged through the mud?

Race through five different types of terrain in more rally-bred vehicles than a baker can shake his dozen at. Including the Ford Focus RS, the classic Lancia Delta Integrale and the ferocious Bowler Nemesis.

Play through a slew of modes including Time Trials, Single Races, and Championship Events.

Cut to the chase and face off online in a variety of 6 Player multiplayer racing events – isn’t it about time you showed your friends who’s numero uno?

Compatible with the Wireless Xbox 360 Racing Wheel, PlayStation Move, and Logitech Driving Force Wheels.

Xbox LIVE®Arcade - Spring, 2011
PlayStation®Network - Summer, 2011

*2-6 Online Multiplayer
*1-2 Player Local
*Contains 100% Real Mud

Sega America Blog said:
SEGA’s history contains a hearty lineage of both racing and arcade games — and those are being brought to bear once again this Spring, with the release of SEGA Rally Online Arcade!

SEGA Rally Online Arcade is an all-new HD game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles featuring fast-paced offroad racing action. If the title seems like a mouthful consider it the necessary application of great racing games from SEGA’s past — SEGA Rally Revo and SEGA Rally 3, in particular, have lent their unique racing DNA to this new off-road console game, which aside from lots of great single player challenges, will specialize in numerous online modes.

The game includes familiar race types such as “Championship Battle Mode” and “Time Attack”, letting you fight your way through a field of cars over successive tracks or race against the clock, respectively. There’s a new achievement system for unlocking additional content, and a total of 13 cars to choose from. Multiplayer options include 2 players locally and 2-6 for online play, where you can compete for online leaderboards on tracks choked with dirt, mud, and snow.

Speaking of the tracks: Also featured is the “Desert ’95″ track (seen below), from the classic arcade game “SEGA Rally Championship”. It’s a callback to SEGA’s long history in racing games, when arcade technology made it possible to race on different terrains for the first time.

With HD graphics and a great blend of arcade and realistic driving physics, you’ll have the chance to jump right in and tear up the tracks as you hone your skills for competitive play. Stay tuned for more info on this title, and get ready to race!

5396419989_dd497b5859.jpg

5396420259_6515511755.jpg

5396903660_1b3dfcbaec.jpg

Gowans

Teknopathetic said:
Snap, this is out right now? I'd get it on 360 if I knew whether or not leaderboards are Gold only.
There are Gold only leaderboards in games? I thought they were universal?

Will defo see if this holds up when it's up, should be withing the hour right?

"There are Gold only leaderboards in games? I thought they were universal?"

Dance Central definitely has Gold only leaderboards. That's the only 360 game I actually play.

Daigoro

Teknopathetic said:
"There are Gold only leaderboards in games? I thought they were universal?"

Dance Central definitely has Gold only leaderboards. That's the only 360 game I actually play.

damn. i didnt even realize there was such a thing. that sucks.

if someone doesnt beat me to it, i can test it out in a few hours for you.

Gowans

Teknopathetic said:
Man thats really shitty, here's hoping it isn't the start of a trend for MS to further justify gold.

Every XBLA game's leaderboards so far are Gold/Silver (Hence Rlans Leaderboard sales data)

Gowans007 said:
There are Gold only leaderboards in games? I thought they were universal?

Will defo see if this holds up when it's up, should be withing the hour right?

Fuck this is out today?, omg i aint got any points meltdownsssssss.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I can't find it on the store yet but apparently it is out today, looking forward to trying out the Desert ’95 track.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
thelatestmodel said:
Just checked, and it's not out yet in the UK.

Is it supposed to be out today?

It's there mate, I'm in the UK also, just go to letter 's' in Arcade Games, if you can't see it try reloading the list.

"60FPS or bust"

It's basically Sega Rally 3 which was Sega Rally Revo Deluxe, so I doubt you're going to get 60fps.

If you want that, you should just get Sega Rally Revo on PC.

Wow, thanks SEGA. Hope you're enjoying your MS money cause you're not gonna get anything from me.

V_Ben

Banned
LOVE & TRUTH said:

Wow, thanks SEGA. Hope you're enjoying your MS money cause you're not gonna get anything from me.

There's no PSN store at the moment! :p

Mr YuYu

Will be buying this! I really hope this sells well. 800 points for this seems like very good value for this game!

Haven't played a sega rally game since the saturn version :) I think it was actually 1 of my first saturn games

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Teknopathetic said:
Could just be my imagination but the handling seems way different from how I remember Revo originally handling (for the better).
Seems pretty much the same to me.

Championship is easy until the 1 on 1 on Riverside. :(

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
KennyLinder said:
Might have to check this out, see what they did to it...

I think I remember you...weren't you a part of the original crew that made Revo? If so, I'd really appreciate any nuances you see between your version and the new one.

Ok so I lied, I downloaded the trial... The 30fps killed it for me... Hearing that imitation GAME OVER YEAHHHHH after the race was painful.

Would it be too much to ask to have an AM2-developed 60FPS racing game on the HD consoles?

LeMaximilian said:
I think I remember you...weren't you a part of the original crew that made Revo? If so, I'd really appreciate any nuances you see between your version and the new one.

Yeah that's right, just a distant memory now :( Going to grab it later and check it out.

Everdred said:
Sega Rally Revo with a different name?
Nah this is SR3 arcade, Revo is quite different and more of a home single player game, arcade has edited tracks which are more simple, wider and tweaked starting points.

LOVE & TRUTH said:

How many things qued up for PSN do you think have been delayed due to the month of outage?

V_Ben

Banned
KennyLinder said:
Yeah that's right, just a distant memory now :( Going to grab it later and check it out.

If you don't mind me asking... what do you do now? Do you still work in games? :)

Top Bottom