• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Rally Online Arcade PS360 |OT| Contains 100% Real Mud

Suzzopher

Cheating bloody AI in the final race of the championship ;x Seriously, if you clip an edge once, he is gone from your sight for the rest of the race!

Koralsky

Will buy it when the PSN version is released, but i hope SEGA will be clever enough and put digital version of the original Sega Rally - mix of Saturn and arcade version.

Keio said:
How is the handling? Is driving outside of asphalt still like sliding on oily ice?
Different from Revo, tight and easier.
Obviously shorter (apart from online and trying to improve your score) but better driving game imo.

30fps is a shame but I can see why, this game really does feel like someone grabbed Revo, removed most features and then called it SR3 :|

No car alt paint jobs
5 tracks overall

Extremely basic arcade game, Outrun online arcade is a lot better. Doesn't help that I love Revo and have beaten that game 3 times fully. A port of the arcade version of SR 1 or 2 would have been a lot better in both gameplay and music.

cjelly said:
I just cannot beat Lakeside D:
Yeah not beat him yet either but try using the Focus, handles well in corners.

LOVE & TRUTH said:
Xbox LIVE®Arcade - Spring, 2011
PlayStation®Network - Summer, 2011

Wow, thanks SEGA. Hope you're enjoying your MS money cause you're not gonna get anything from me.

Sega even delayed the game for a few weeks (from the original late April release) to be able to launch the game at the same time on XBLA and PSN (since the PSN was out of order).

Is really Sega fault that PSN went down? Besides, there is no PSN store restored yet. Sega probably has to lauch the game on XBLA now otherwise will miss the launch spot.

And actually I am glad that I got the game today, I do not want to want for Sony s! implementation of a network to go up (and really hope that new PSN implementation is better than the last one...).

Chiaroscuro said:
Sega even delayed the game for a few weeks (from the original late April release) to be able to launch the game at the same time on XBLA and PSN (since the PSN was out of order).

Is really Sega fault that PSN went down? Besides, there is no PSN store restored yet. Sega probably has to lauch the game on XBLA now otherwise will miss the launch spot.
You're right, I completely forgot the PSN Store isn't up yet. Shame on me! Sorry for the venting, everyone.

Phatcorns

Glad to see some people liked Revo. I thought that was one of the best racing games I've played in years and it got UTTERLY ignored. Oh well, thems the breaks sometimes.

LOVE & TRUTH said:
Xbox LIVE®Arcade - Spring, 2011
PlayStation®Network - Summer, 2011

Wow, thanks SEGA. Hope you're enjoying your MS money cause you're not gonna get anything from me.

I hope they are too. As SRO is only £6.40 on Live and without discounts from points cards, where it will cost £7.99 whenever it becomes available on PSN.

Anyone who has both consoles who wants to wait longer and pay more to play is being foolish.

Upsidedown Fuji said:
I hope this game gets a large enough community. I really enjoyed playing Outrun online. I need another SEGA arcade racer.
With 3 tracks, lakeside and desert SR1 and the only achievement online for 5 wins, the community is going to die fast in this no questions asked, it's too minimal. I know it's an arcade game for 800 points but still.

I wish it was more then just a super watered down Revo, I really do.

I should add that the changing terrain in this game is near pointless, it was rather pointless in Revo since the grip boost was minimal but in this I find little to no difference driving on fresh mud or where other cars have been, not even a speed difference.

They should have binned that and use the spare memory to hit 60fps.

This game is embarrassing.

Diablohead said:
With 3 tracks, lakeside and desert SR1 and the only achievement online for 5 wins, the community is going to die fast in this no questions asked, it's too minimal. I know it's an arcade game for 800 points but still.

I wish it was more then just a super watered down Revo, I really do.
That's a shame. They had the right idea with the price but its still pretty bare coming off Outrun Online. I like SUMO a lot too.

Its amazing how huge the game is. 1.2gigs for this game. Craziness.

Figures that I would request this game for review.

Maybe I'll get lucky and Sega will say no.

Can't you get Revo for around $10 these days? May as well just grab that then.

It might be 30fps but it's still silky smooth and clean-looking so I'm not complaining too much there.

But how do you change the view-point the awful default one from close behind the car? I've pressed every button the controller and nothing happened! Grrr..

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Figures that I would request this game for review.

Maybe I'll get lucky and Sega will say no.

Can't you get Revo for around $10 these days? May as well just grab that then.
Yep more or less, buy Revo over this no questions asked.

Monty Mole said:
It might be 30fps but it's still silky smooth and clean-looking so I'm not complaining too much there.

But how do you change the view-point the awful default one from close behind the car? I've pressed every button the controller and nothing happened! Grrr..
Back button, you get behind, bumper, bonnet.

WaltJay said:
Hmmm...pick this up or go back to playing Dirt 2 on the PC. Decisions, decisions.
DiRT 2 !

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i LOVED classic sega rally, but i couldnt get into revo and will be skipping this.

Damn, wish i read this thread before I bought the game. Buyer's remorse is setting in. But that damn trial screen telling me that I'd unlock an achievement and an avatar award for unlocking the full version was my "siren song". Damn it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
nincompoop said:
Real gamers played Sega Rally 2 on the Dreamcast with the 60 fps code. DC >>>>>>>>> PS3/360.
I used the 60fps code, too, but I still remember the frame rate being all over the place.

nofi

nincompoop said:
Real gamers played Sega Rally 2 on the Dreamcast with the 60 fps code. DC >>>>>>>>> PS3/360.

It was hardly consistent though. Real gamers bought the arcade machine... ;)

onken

nincompoop said:

I found out about that code only recently and my mind = blown. Wish I'd known about it at the time.

lol only 6 hours in and someone has already cheated on the time attack scoreboard, his ghost is also messed up and I can't see him at all but his first checkpoint time is 10 seconds off mine, only 30 seconds into the lap... BTW this is impossible to achieve even with manual gears.

Gowans

Grabbed this, love the feel of it.

Diablohead said:
lol only 6 hours in and someone has already cheated on the time attack scoreboard, his ghost is also messed up and I can't see him at all but his first checkpoint time is 10 seconds off mine, only 30 seconds into the lap... BTW this is impossible to achieve even with manual gears.
Your number one of the world leaderboard according to my game, well done man! ;)

sega4ever said:
naw man, you must have been arcade only.

100% perfect ports or bust am i rite?

you are right.

*salutes dreamcast* (ok, well it had more perfect ports than any system before it, even if they weren't all perfect.)

I hoped it would be 60fps, but I didn't expect it to be.

Will be buying for Desert '95 and online play, since Revo was dead by the time I got it.

Sigh...I just want all those Sega Model 2/3 classics bumped up to HD and put on XBLA/PSN. Not bastardized versions of the later games.

nincompoop said:
Not if you lived in PAL land. Thanks to it being one of the few Dreamcast games to use Windows CE it was stuck at a wobbly 50fps with borders here :(

Top Bottom