• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Saturn Appreciation and Emulation Thread

Mikhal

Argh!

'Grats, sixteen-bit! You are a gentleman, Mikhal.

Edit: Nuts, what a lame top o' the page post. =/
Will try to spruce it up when I get home.

Better luck next time!

So this is a first time request for me, but can someone add "A Sega Exclusive" to my sweet Virtual Hydlide avatar?

Shining%20the%20Holy%20Ark%20%28U%29%20Front.jpg

Sorry for the huge pic.

Loved this game. I remember beating this one and then finding out that you can get the wolf dude. Dunno how I missed that. Wouldn't it be better to do your avatar with the real Saturn exclusive badge?

cj_iwakura

I was thinking the very same thing, starting a Sega Saturn exclusive avatar trend with the grey circle.

Is there a clean version of it, though?

So this is a first time request for me, but can someone add "A Sega Exclusive" to my sweet Virtual Hydlide avatar?

Sorry for the huge pic.

virtual%20hydlide.png

As per Mikhal's suggestion. Not sure if it's too big...

Edit:
virtual%20hydlide2.png

Here you go, slightly smaller without making it too fuzzy.

Off by two pixels, but it should resize automatically.

If I find an avatar, could you do that for it as well? (It wouldn't be Rin, I'd grab a Dragon Force one.)

Thanks, I shaved off those 2 pixels in the newer version.
Of course! I'm going to sleep now though, but send me a PM and I'll do it in the morning.

In case you want to do it yourself, here's a PSD with the badge as a layer: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9574058/segaexclusive.psd

jay

Awesome, thanks Ingueferroque.

I was curious about the Sega Exclusive text because it would leave more room for the amazing graphics.

Seik

Banned
Argh!

'Grats, sixteen-bit! You are a gentleman, Mikhal.

Edit: Nuts, what a lame top o' the page post. =/
Will try to spruce it up when I get home.

Edit 2: I don't think I've posted these in this thread before. Pix of my baby:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/...132D3EA-3122-000002E1737A6830_zpsa443c8f9.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/...1D17A71-3122-000002E1078EADC9_zps04caf85f.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/...71412E7-3122-000002E12729D124_zps089edce2.jpg

WOW!!!

I...wow. It's beautiful! D':

Ok Saturn GAF. If I understand some stuff I've been reading I should be able to hook up my Saturn to this and it will look awesome. Like Christie Brinkley National Lampoons Vacation awesome.

What do I need?

This: www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/sony-pvm-scart-converter-bnc.html

And the various scart cables for your consoles.

You would need an RGB SCART cable and a SCART to BNC RGB adapter.

Additionally, the seller on shmups just restocked yesterday for SCART->BNC cables for $30 delivered stateside:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43883

Thanks for the replies! As long as i get a US or Japanese SCART cable, then attaching to these cables will be fine, correct? I don't want to burn out my systems like that other guy.

Thanks for the replies! As long as i get a US or Japanese SCART cable, then attaching to these cables will be fine, correct? I don't want to burn out my systems like that other guy.

You probably want euro scart. That scart to bnc cable listed is for euro, not the 21 pin jap one.

Course what you want depends on what saturn/other system scart cables you have or are planing on getting.

Thought I might post this here, as my first post ever : )

I managed to make SweetFX compatible with SSF Ver0.12 beta R3, using the AdvancedCRT shader (which is nothing else but the cgwg CRT shader ported to HLSL) :

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4599754&postcount=893

I recommand setting 320 as CRTResolutionX and 240 as CRTResolutionY since that's the native Saturn res (afaik)
It doesn't seem to work too well in fullscreen mode though, keep it windowed mode for now.

Seik

Banned
OOOOoooooooooooooooh shit, GAF, I'm on something BIG! It may end up being my most expensive Saturn title...

I'll know in a few minutes if I get it or not, dat stress. D:

Wish me luck... *Crossing fingers*

Seik

Banned
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I WON THAT SHIT BABY! FUCK YEAH, FINALLY, AT A 'DESCENT' FUCKING PRICE! :D

VUuE7k4.png

Let me reiterate: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

meppi

VUuE7k.png

Congratulations! Next up: Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru! ;)

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

VUuE7k4.png

Ahahah I was totally watching this but bailed since i dropped $133 on DDP SDOJ LE. Glad it went to a gaffer!! Grats!

VUuE7k4.png

MONEY BABY! MONEY!

VUuE7k4.png

Hot damn, congrats. I haven't spent cash like that in a long-ass time.

televator

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/U][/B]

The Queen song "We are the champions" popped in my head while reading your post. lol

So earlier today I was at a little hobby shop where I usually go to pick up sheets of rubber foam. then I realized that I've subconsciously been with-holding information from you, Saturn GAF.

I will correct this mistake now. So let me explain why I'm picking up rubber foam.

Because I find that this:
316pZTc7q2L._SS400_.jpg

1/2" thick sheet of foam, when cut to proper size with scissors, makes a good replacement for these:
$T2eC16JHJGkE9no8gJOvBQ+ODdLcs!~~60_1.JPG

Which are usually always missing.

Now you might say that it's getting too detail focused, because your Saturn disks aren't just gonna hop off the spindle when they're sitting on your shelf, but you're forgetting something... The REALLY tall Saturn manuals that also have the secondary function of serving as the cover for your Saturn games. Over time, they start to warp and sag without the foam pressing up against them. So if you replace the foam, all your Saturn games will look much spiffier with their covers all nicely secured against the clear front of their respective cases.

Hyper Duel is great because it's the only shmup Technosoft put out that resembled TF3 and 4. Same graphics style, same rocking music. Very short compared to those games though.

Teknoman

Does Guardian Heroes HD lack anything over the original? Say, would it look better on a Saturn + SCART?

EDIT: I'll get Hyper Duel one day...but thats long after everything else i'd say. Unless I come into some gift cards...but even then i'd probably use it for some RPGs.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Does Guardian Heroes HD lack anything over the original? Say, would it look better on a Saturn + SCART?
Hahahaha, no. To say that Saturn GH looks rough in comparison would be extremely generous. There were also a lot of gameplay additions made for the better in the 360 version.

Only thing the Saturn version has over the 360 version is 6-player on one console instead of 4-player. But with system link, the 360 version can do up to 12-player locally.

reson8or

It's not long, but it's a really great shmup.

Take a look. :)

Yeah, I'll need to be careful with my gaming impulses for at least a month after this. XD

Congrats bud and welcome to the Hyper Duel Club!
Not that there is such a thing

I love the game and even though it was expensive, it was well worth it. Let us know how you like it when you receive it. The game has that addictive "just one more" quality of the best Technosoft games and is damn beautiful to boot. Saturn mode is the way to go, btw.

Mikhal

VUuE7k4.png

Good shit! Game looks awesome too.

Now you might say that it's getting too detail focused, because your Saturn disks aren't just gonna hop off the spindle when they're sitting on your shelf, but you're forgetting something... The REALLY tall Saturn manuals that also have the secondary function of serving as the cover for your Saturn games. Over time, they start to warp and sag without the foam pressing up against them. So if you replace the foam, all your Saturn games will look much spiffier with their covers all nicely secured against the clear front of their respective cases.

Yeah, some of my SegaCD manuals are suffering from that. Thanks for the tip, I will try to find the same kind of foam here.

Top Bottom