• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senate approves bill requiring women to register for Selective Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time this would really be used are in really, really dire straits right?

Yes. And even then, current military personnel, after they separate, are on a "first call list" for 2 or 4 years after they get out. So, for example, after I separate, I will be on that list for an additional two years. If shit goes down and they need people, I'll be one of the first ones they call back into active duty.

reckless

Selective service shouldn't even be a thing anymore. If we ever really needed the draft, nukes would be coming out so it wouldn't matter.

TalonJH

The draft is so unpopular that I never registered for it at 18, didnt know I was supposed to, and only found out due to this news story, practically a decade later.

Do you have a drivers licences? In my state at least you have to register for selective services if you want a learners permit.

Edit: What am I thinking, When you renew your licence they make you sign up if you are between 18 and 25. I mixed it up because I was 18 when I started driving.

TalonJH

What do all the under age teens who want a license do?

When you renew your licence they make you sign up if you are between 18 and 25. I mixed it up because I was 18 when I started driving.

(KRS 186.405) requires all U.S. males between the ages of 18 and 25 to register for the U.S. Selective Service System when applying for a driver’s license or identification card. The data is transmitted electronically from the driver’s license database to the Selective Service System database. The Selective Service System is notified of drivers who refuse to register.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom