• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senate Intelligence Committee want Trump associates to testify. Subpoena if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/politics/fbi-director-james-comey-meets-with-congress-gang-of-eight/index.html

Sources on the Senate Intelligence Committee said they want all the potential Trump associates who allegedly spoke with Russian officials to testify before the committee. This includes former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and former adviser Carter Page. It's unclear when they would come before the committee, but senators say they haven't ruled out the prospect of subpoenas if those Trump associates don't comply.

jsqOBYv.jpg

BasicMath

Do it. Just do it.

If there's something in there and that leads to Trump getting booted, then we get Pence. If not, the Dems lose all kinds of credibility and relevance and the intelligence community takes a beating. Either way, it's progress.

Is it happening? is it really happening?

or just false hopes?

It's the most promising news so far of something happening. With how incompetent his administration has been, I can't imagine they'll be able to give a straight story among all of them. Hell, even if they manage to say something somewhat believable, Trump will probably sound off against it on twitter and just further implicate himself/them in the whole mess. I can't imagine they all emerge unscathed from this, there's way too much smoke for them all to escape, hopefully.

I don't recall. I plead the 5th. Etc. And then the Republicans will say "see nothing is wrong, they would remember if there was something."

SerTapTap

They absolutely have to do this. Get 'em to testify under oath and lock up everyone you can prove is lying. Subpoena that orange fuck's taxes while you're at it.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
They absolutely have to do this. Get 'em to testify under oath and lock up everyone you can prove is lying. Subpoena that orange fuck's taxes while you're at it.

The democrats in Intel Committee have the power to subpoena his tax returns, in their investigation. They need a real reason, but they can do it without the Republican support, even though one republican on the committee is open to it as well.

The White House has some legal armor it can put on though. But I would gather any judge would make the right judgement if it went to court.

Ithil

"I have forgotten literally anything relating to this matter, including answers to questions you have not thought of yet".

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Is it happening? is it really happening?

or just false hopes?

It's a step.

The problem is still going to be getting 19 Republican senators (well 19 and 1 Joe Manchin) to sign off on a conviction of impeachment between now and 2020 (assuming everyone holds their spot in the Senate in 2018). That's even assuming the house flips back to the Dems in 2018 so you have to hope whatever they dig up, actually jeopardizes the Republican Party to where they have no choice but to impeach.

There's still a weird twisted possibility where shit comes out and Congress doesn't do anything about it because there's zero pressure in the red states and districts from GOP voters. Angry Democrats in blue states and districts doesn't do a lot.

So, they have stuff on them and just need to get them on record contradicting the evidence.

I wonder if they'll all fall on a sword for Trump just so he can pardon them?

Sulik2

Are any of the Republicans on the Senate Intelligence Committee the type that might actually put country before party? Or are they the standard Republican scumbag senators who will forgive treason if it makes them money?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

I wonder if they'll all fall on a sword for Trump just so he can pardon them?

Doubt it. One in particular has openly given up contradicting accounts of what happened at the RNC, another seems ithcing to abaolve himself. It should be interesting to find out the responses when they have something binding them, legally, to give up the full truth.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Are any of the Republicans on the Senate Intelligence Committee the type that might actually put country before party? Or are they the standard Republican scumbag senators who will forgive treason if it makes them money?

Comey telling them to their face that they have evidence of treason with others in the room is the only thing that would matter. They would be outed instantly if they suddenly acted like nothing was wrong. I dont think Comey has done that yet, but maybe he has, which is prompting them to want to get these guys either telling the truth or lying on record, so they have mounted evidence going forward.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
- Andre Carson (Intelligence Committee - Not senate intelligence committee)

'I am not at liberty to say anything, but I look forward to the public hearing on the 20th. '

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom